Jump to content
kopp0e

Tell me about Oklahoma State

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

He must have a death wish. 

No.  You see it some.  There are folks in Stillwater that did not go to college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

He must have a death wish. 

 

2 minutes ago, Ollie Slatt said:

No.  You see it some.  There are folks in Stillwater that did not go to college. 

We're also not aggy.  There might be a few idiots who do idiot things, but for the most part it might merit a comment or a fun-spirited ribbing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ollie Slatt said:

My guess is that this asshat regularly strutted around Stillwater in OU gear, occasionally someone commented on it, and in his head that translates to an OU obsession. 

 

When we start putting upside down OU stickers on our car, then we can talk about an obsession . . . 

For sure.

Every single non-Bedlam OSU home game you can find numerous jagoff OU fans wearing their OU gear.  And it's usually grown-ass men wearing jerseys.  But we are the ones obsessed.  Right.

I can't think of a better example of "my life sucks balls so I will strut around in the gear of a successful program at an event that they are not associated with in the hopes that I can I be associated with at least one good/successful thing."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

For sure.

Every single non-Bedlam OSU home game you can find numerous jagoff OU fans wearing their OU gear.  And it's usually grown-ass men wearing jerseys.  But we are the ones obsessed.  Right.

I can't think of a better example of "my life sucks balls so I will strut around in the gear of a successful program at an event that they are not associated with in the hopes that I can I be associated with at least one good/successful thing."

 

This reminds me of Iowa fans.  I've yet to go to an Iowa State road game in the Big 12 and not see Iowa gear.  Even in Stillwater, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This reminds me of Iowa fans.  I've yet to go to an Iowa State road game in the Big 12 and not see Iowa gear.  Even in Stillwater, actually.

LOL yes.

My ex-wife (no pics) is a University of Tulsa alum.  I was with her at like a Tulsa-San Jose State game one time and some OU jackwagon was sitting in front of us wearing his OU gear.

I'm like, dude, seriously... you're at a TU-San Jose State game and you feel the need to wear your stupid OU gear???? For fuck's sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL yes.

My ex-wife (no pics) is a University of Tulsa alum.  I was with her at like a Tulsa-San Jose State game one time and some OU jackwagon was sitting in front of us wearing his OU gear.

I'm like, dude, seriously... you're at a TU-San Jose State game and you feel the need to wear your stupid OU gear???? For fuck's sake.

That's ridiculous.

I honestly think that there's a secret Iowa message board where Hawk fans assign someone in each Big 12 town to show up in Iowa gear.  It's like the Wazzu flag on Gameday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The topic and the conversation did not relate to one another.  Mike Holder made a dumb comment that was blown out of proportion.  But what does that have to do with whether or not the fanbase is "delusional"?  The answer is that:  (a) no OSU fan (or I should say very few) think we should ever fire Gundy; (b) most fans would agree that with recent success our recruiting overall should probably be a little better (maybe in the top 20 at least every now and then);  (c) for as good as we've been we should probably have more than 1 conference title to show for it (meaning we should have beaten OU at least an extra time or two).  Does that really make us delusional?  It's not like we're claiming blueblood status or even top ten status.  To even mention us in the same sentence as aggy makes me ragey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While every fanbase has a group of delusional members, I think overall we are pretty well grounded. Of course I have heard/read a few comments calling for Gundy's head after our annual Bedlam loss or when he tests the waters with the likes of Tennessee or Arkansas. I write those people off as morons who didn't grow up around OSU football when it was really shitty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the media reports it as big news.  Yeah he's the guy, coming out of spring camp.  Then Gundy says "but we have a few guys coming in who weren't here in the spring."  That being grad transfer Dru Brown and 4 start freshman Spencer Sanders.  I give Corndog a 20% chance of being the guy who takes the first snap.  My bet is on Dru Brown and that Spencer Sanders will be starting within a few games of conference play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I in now way endorse the opinions of the ESPN host, but here you go:

 

DAFAQ?  How does what Mike Holder said translate to OSU having a "delusional fanbase?"

Mike Gundy probably probably has the highest "fan approval rating" of any OSU head coach in history outside of maybe Eddie Sutton.  Outside of maybe a lunatic fringe, you would be very hard pressed to find any amount of OSU fans who would take Mike Holder's side in the Mike Holder vs. Mike Gundy shit, and THAT is not close.  

Mike Holder, in fact, probably has a net negative "approval rating" among OSU fans.

As to the point that Holder was making...I mean... there is sort of a big disconnect between our performance (top 10 in the country in wins over the past decade) and our recruiting rankings (typically top 30ish).

So on the one hand you could say that's a credit to Gundy and his staff in finding lower rated guys and coaching them up to higher performance levels, but it also leaves you wondering how good we could be with even, say, consistently top 15-20 recruiting classes instead of top 30-40 classes.

Edited by oSuJeff97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holder said Gundy was great, he would just like to see us recruit better. I think that's a sentiment that's shared by most of the fan base. I think it's ridiculous that we won the conference and then got the 40th or something recruiting class. I'm not saying he needs to have a top 10 class every year, but he can't get top 20-25?

And people forget that Holder is an 8 time NCAA champion coach. He probably looks at shit a lot differently than a fan would. My only gripes about Holder are ticket prices and the Ford contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Holder said Gundy was great, he would just like to see us recruit better. I think that's a sentiment that's shared by most of the fan base. I think it's ridiculous that we won the conference and then got the 40th or something recruiting class. I'm not saying he needs to have a top 10 class every year, but he can't get top 20-25?

And people forget that Holder is an 8 time NCAA champion coach. He probably looks at shit a lot differently than a fan would. My only gripes about Holder are ticket prices and the Ford contract. 

How long is he Weissing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

DAFAQ?  How does what Mike Holder said translate to OSU having a "delusional fanbase?"

Mike Gundy probably probably has the highest "fan approval rating" of any OSU head coach in history outside of maybe Eddie Sutton.  Outside of maybe a lunatic fringe, you would be very hard pressed to find any amount of OSU fans who would take Mike Holder's side in the Mike Holder vs. Mike Gundy shit, and THAT is not close.  

Mike Holder, in fact, probably has a net negative "approval rating" among OSU fans.

As to the point that Holder was making...I mean... there is sort of a big disconnect between our performance (top 10 in the country in wins over the past decade) and our recruiting rankings (typically top 30ish).

So on the one hand you could say that's a credit to Gundy and his staff in finding lower rated guys and coaching them up to higher performance levels, but it also leaves you wondering how good we could be with even, say, consistently top 15-20 recruiting classes instead of top 30-40 classes.

ESPN grasping at straws for relevant content to broadcast during the off season between NCAA basketball & football, daytime tv has a lot of airtime to fill between commercials...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, Go Pokes said:

And he didn't even mention our huge penises.  

I'm pretty sure T Boone has been mentioned in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 1:41 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

For sure.

Every single non-Bedlam OSU home game you can find numerous jagoff OU fans wearing their OU gear.  And it's usually grown-ass men wearing jerseys.  But we are the ones obsessed.  Right.

I can't think of a better example of "my life sucks balls so I will strut around in the gear of a successful program at an event that they are not associated with in the hopes that I can I be associated with at least one good/successful thing."

 

The exact same thing happens with t-shirt UT fans at Tech home games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL yes.

My ex-wife (no pics) is a University of Tulsa alum.  I was with her at like a Tulsa-San Jose State game one time and some OU jackwagon was sitting in front of us wearing his OU gear.

I'm like, dude, seriously... you're at a TU-San Jose State game and you feel the need to wear your stupid OU gear???? For fuck's sake.

 

For what it's worth I go to about 4 or 5 NFL games  a year and every single time is ee a jersey being worn by fans of completely unrelated teams. It's just a thing people do; I was watching the UT vs Osu game a few years ago in Austin and I saw aggie and Baylor jerseys there. A buddy of mine works most texas tech games and he says he sees longhorn jerseys at every game.

Edited by Greg Focker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

 

For what it's worth I go to about 4 or 5 NFL games  a year and every single time is ee a jersey being worn by fans of completely unrelated teams. It's just a thing people do; I was watching the UT vs Osu game a few years ago in Austin and I saw aggie and Baylor jerseys there. A buddy of mine works most texas tech games and he says he sees longhorn jerseys at every game.

Those people suck as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 4:12 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL yes.

My ex-wife (no pics) is a University of Tulsa alum.  I was with her at like a Tulsa-San Jose State game one time and some OU jackwagon was sitting in front of us wearing his OU gear.

I'm like, dude, seriously... you're at a TU-San Jose State game and you feel the need to wear your stupid OU gear???? For fuck's sake.

Tulsa is a bad example.  They have a tiny alumni base and very few dedicated fans.  90% of the people in the stands are alum or fans of OU, OSU, or another school and are there because tickets were free or just to enjoy a day of football nearby.  I have a TU shirt I wear when I go but I'll often grab my OSU hat or jacket without really thinking about it.  I like TU enough to have a shirt but not a hat or jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Sandman said:

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/hawaii-qb-transfer-dru-brown-reportedly-set-to-arrive-at-osu-on-sunday/

The grad transfer QB from Hawaii should be here this week. I'm curious if he'll be able to win the starting job. Gundy's track record for choosing a starter is spotty at best. Fucking Alex Cate.

Sanders is their only chance to be any good next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 5:24 PM, Greg Focker said:

 

For what it's worth I go to about 4 or 5 NFL games  a year and every single time is ee a jersey being worn by fans of completely unrelated teams. It's just a thing people do; I was watching the UT vs Osu game a few years ago in Austin and I saw aggie and Baylor jerseys there. A buddy of mine works most texas tech games and he says he sees longhorn jerseys at every game.

There's no excuse for a grown-ass man to wear a jersey.  There's even less of one to wear said jersey at a game when that person's team isn't even playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

There's no excuse for a grown-ass man to wear a jersey.  There's even less of one to wear said jersey at a game when that person's team isn't even playing.

 

Sure, I can see why it's stupid. A few weeks ago at the lakers' summer league LeBron james wore some ugly ass $500 shorts.  The next day they sold out on their website.  These athletes have a lot of influence, and people want to wear their jerseys, shoes, and even shorts.   And somehow, millions of player jerseys are sold every year. It's a crazed mentality we have about our sports here but I don't think it could be any other way.   Least we don't have soccer hooligans in your face, rattling the team bus, threatening to murder you for not winning the world cup.

Edited by Greg Focker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oklahoma State softball coach plans to use the SEC transfers to backfill a roster... Sounds smart, and show how OSU could expand it's brand in the southeast region...

Quote

Gajewski using SEC transfers to continue building OSU softball

3 days ago - Kenny Gajewski reeled in three SEC transfers this offseason, as he looks to take OSU softball back to the Super Regionals and the Women's ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know very little about college softball.  What I do know is the SEC is good at it.  And it looks like our coach came from an SEC school and he's trying to scoop up all the SEC transfers he can get.  Sounds like a solid plan to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I know very little about college softball.  What I do know is the SEC is good at it.  And it looks like our coach came from an SEC school and he's trying to scoop up all the SEC transfers he can get.  Sounds like a solid plan to me.  

I agree... The talent in the region is immense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had quite a few football players from Georgia over the last several years, including the backup RB JD King whose going to have a good career.  I forget the reason, I think an assistant coach has a connection.  We generally don't spend a lot of time recruiting outside of Oklahoma and Texas because the cost-benefit ratio doesn't work in our favor.

Edited by 'stache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I know very little about college softball.  What I do know is the SEC is good at it.  And it looks like our coach came from an SEC school and he's trying to scoop up all the SEC transfers he can get.  Sounds like a solid plan to me.  

OU is really good, too.  And the softball CWS is in OKC.  That is the extent of my knowledge of college softball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Okie State said:

The University of Oklahoma State huh?

That's easier that the alternate: The University of The State of Oklahoma Agricultural School of Oklahoma State at Stillwater...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, Okie State said:

The University of Oklahoma State huh?

For some reason that reminded me of "I go to... the University of the United States..." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, 'stache said:

Cheerleaders are cute, but the real talent is with the dance squad.

 

okstatedanceteam-ski4-1-533x400.jpg

1,4,6,7,5,2,3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Seriously with the vertical video? Mind bottling.

How do you know the difference in a vertical & horizontal video in a tweet..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...