Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/one-employee-fired-another-suspended-uga-recruiting-office/a8PFAZ8CW8tZaM6VxKmzdI/

ATHENS — 
One member of Georgia’s football recruiting office has been fired and another suspended for 30 days without pay, DawgNation reported Tuesday night, citing unnamed sources.

Dacia King, who is listed as the Bulldogs’ recruiting program coordinator on the team’s website, was dismissed. Lukman Abdulai, who is director of on-campus recruiting, has been placed on a 30-day suspension without pay.The reason for the actions and whether they are related are not known at this time.“I’m not talking about any personnel stuff,” Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity said. “Regardless of what the position is, I just don’t comment on personnel decisions or matters. Sorry.”McGarity declined to comment when asked whether violations of NCAA or SEC rules were involved.

King was hired for her current position in May 2018. A recruiting program coordinator typically serves as a liaison between prospective athletes and the Georgia coaching staff and helps plan visits and set itineraries. She holds double degrees from UGA in marketing and sport management.Abdulai has been with Georgia since 2013, but was named director of on-campus recruiting in January 2016, shortly after Kirby Smart became head coach. A University of Illinois graduate, Abdulai received a master’s degree in kinesiology from UGA in 2014. 

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

just curious...is this something you’ve heard or are you simply hazarding a guess or hoping it’s not for whatever reason?

I haven't heard anything, but I check in on the tOSU board (11Warriors) now and again. They were supposedly his top school for a while, but Urban was his main recruiter. He just seems like the type of kid to enjoy the process, so I'm betting he decommits eventually. That being said, I would almost expect him to recommit to LSU. Fwiw, supposedly he nearly committed to the Vols a few weeks ago.

I haven't heard anything, but I check in on the tOSU board (11Warriors) now and again. They were supposedly his top school for a while, but Urban was his main recruiter. He just seems like the type of kid to enjoy the process, so I'm betting he decommits eventually. That being said, I would almost expect him to recommit to LSU. Fwiw, supposedly he nearly committed to the Vols a few weeks ago.

he’s had us and Tenn in his top 2 for months. this is absolutely no surprise and expected.

Just an fyi on stuff others will use to recruit against Big 12

"Big 12 continues to slide"    (ESPN)

"For the eighth straight year, the Big 12 tied for or had outright the least amount of draft picks by a Power 5 conference. A year after having just 20 players drafted, the Big 12 had only 26 come off the board this year. Although the conference celebrated having the No. 1 back for the second straight year, it had just 10 more players come off the board before the fourth round started.  Oklahoma had an impressive showing with eight draftees, but the next-closest was West Virginia with five, and the three Texas schools -- Texas, Texas Tech and TCU -- accounted for just six total selections. A year after having four players taken in the 2018 draft, Texas had only DE Charles Omenihu in the fifth round to the Houston Texans and DB Kris Boyd go in the seventh round to the Minnesota Vikings. Texas has had just eight players drafted in the past four years. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SEC was the only conference to record double-digit draftees in any round this year, getting 10 or more players drafted in the second (13), fifth (10) and sixth (10) rounds.  The SEC had nine first-rounders this year -- the eighth time the conference led the nation in first-round picks in the past nine years. The conference also had 22 picks in the first two rounds this year, breaking its own record of 21. And with 28 players drafted in the first three rounds, this was the third consecutive year the SEC saw 25 or more players selected through the first three rounds of the draft.  

This also marked the fifth straight year the SEC had 50 or more players taken in the NFL draft. Only once in the past 25 years has another conference had 50 or more players drafted (ACC, 2006).  Ninety-six SEC players have been drafted in the first round of the NFL draft over the past 10 years, and the conference has averaged more than nine opening-round picks per year during the past 13 years.

One positive is Tennessee had no player drafted in the 2019 Draft.  Also good to see 3 other SEC teams with only 3 selections (LSU, Arky, S.Car).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26629222/success-failures-college-conferences-teams-year-nfl-draft

Edited by LTtxfan