Are We The Most Hair-Trigger Fanbase In CFB?

MaybeACoordinator

Stewart Mandel said we were today on the latest edition of The Audible podcast. He believes that we are the quickest to turn on our coaches after any bad loss, and implied that we should have given Mack more credit other than just saying it was all about VY and Colt. Lol, it wasn't all about them, but I believe he would have been canned some time around 2005 if je didn't land VY...And he downplayed the BlowU games. How long would Auburn or Bama tolerate a coach who consistently lost to their arch-rivals by 40 or 50 points?

He also got intoxicated by the atmosphere at Pile. He said it was unlike anything he'd seen before, and said that aggy was the most optimistic fanbase in CFB. Which we have all known for many years, as we have exulted in their annual roller coaster rise of expectations and downfalls. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think anybody turned on Herman after his first bad loss.

Most of us turned on him after his 7th loss...  In 14 tries...

I think it depends on your definition of "bad loss." Nobody wrote CS off after one year, but we sure as hell did in Game 1 of year 2, just like we are doing with Herman. 

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Stewart Mandel said we were today on the latest edition of The Audible podcast. He believes that we are the quickest to turn on our coaches after any bad loss, and implied that we should have given Mack more credit other than just saying it was all about VY and Colt. Lol, it wasn't all about them, but I believe he would have been canned some time around 2005 if je didn't land VY...And he downplayed the BlowU games. How long would Auburn or Bama tolerate a coach who consistently lost to their arch-rivals by 40 or 50 points?

He also got intoxicated by the atmosphere at Pile. He said it was unlike anything he'd seen before, and said that aggy was the most optimistic fanbase in CFB. Which we have all known for many years, as we have exulted in their annual roller coaster rise of expectations and downfalls. 

stewart mandel talks like a fag and his shits all retarded 

• Like 3

The agony from COLT'S injury in National Championship Game is still felt by many a loyal LONGHORN FAN...... that was Jan 2010.

Quote from article after that loss to BAMA in 2010:

"Following the game, McCoy sucked up his emotions and faced the cameras for an interview shown around the world.

McCoy graciously thanked his teammates, the coaches and the loyal Texas fans for all they had done for him during his days as a Longhorn.

You knew it was heartfelt.

Alabama head coach Nick Saban showed his class when asked about McCoy following the game.

"Colt McCoy is a great player. As much as I enjoy winning, you hate to see a great competitor who's had a great career not be able to participate in a game he's probably worked his entire life to play in. It's heartfelt for us that he wasn't able to compete. Marcell got that hit, and it certainly changed the game" Saban said.

When asked how he felt about not being able to play after the injury, McCoy was clearly fighting his emotions again as he responded.

"I love this game. I have passion for this game. I've done what I can to contribute to this team. We made it this far, and it's unfortunate to not be able to play. I'd have given everything I have to be out there with my team. I always give God the glory. I never question things. God is in control of my life, and if nothing else, I know  I'm standing on the rock" McCoy said.

McCoy ended the interview by saying "congratulations to Alabama. They are a tremendous football team."

Pure class. "

VY and COLT spoiled LONGHORN FANS..... We long for that Success again and if we are honest..... Expect TEXAS Football Greatness!!!

Now 8 years of not so good TEXAS Football where BlowU wins 5 B12 Championships (2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017) and BEATS TEXAS 6 out of 8 games since that injury to COLT...... The last Conference Championship for TEXAS was that final COLT MCCOY 2009 Season;  LONGHORN FAN'S have been wandering in the Desert hoping to find an Oasis, but the past 8 Seasons have  provided very few hopeful sightings of any mirages that Winning TEXAS Football might be returning.

We, TEXAS Fans are spoiled due to the successes of VY & COLT.  And to be honest, we might be the one of the worst at wanting Coaching changes..... but what's wrong with expecting WINNERS at TEXAS...

HOOK'EM

Edited by LTtxfan

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think anybody turned on Herman after his first bad loss.

Most of us turned on him after his 7th loss...  In 14 tries...

I remember turning on him after the first Maryland loss. 2010-2016 should give anyone a hair trigger. I believe I turned on Strong pretty fast too. Although I was a defender of Mack Brown up until the last season.

I'm like those jaded middle age women. My hearts been through too much, I don't think I will ever love again.

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

IMO y’all should be hair triggered.  UT sits on a mountain of money and in-state recruiting talent.  It’s hard to make excuses for Texas not winning 9+ games a season regardless of schedules and setbacks.  

LOL I was kinda expecting you to chime in with, "Hey y'all, LSU's kinda hair-triggered too."

We're definitely not giving him the same treatment we would if this was his second year of replacing Mack...cuz to us it feels like a continuation of the shit we've gone through since 2014. Not really fair, but he's getting paid a pretty penny so I don't feel sorry for him..

We all gave Charlie a lot of rope.  And what did we get for that?  A couple of 5 win seasons and a loss to Kansas for the first time since the horse and carriage was still a thing.

We gave Mensa rope last year.  He didn't impress, but it was his first year, blah blah blah.  And what did we get for that?  Losing, again, to an even worse Maryland team dealing with all sorts of shit.  And Mensa seems to not give a fuck.  Then we barely beat Tulsa, only because their kicker is the worst guy at the position in college football.  And we're going to be lucky to win six games this year.

So no, I don't think we're on a hair-trigger or out of line.  We have the most money, some of the best facilities, and the top talent in one of the most talent rich regions of the country.  Yet we're in Year 2 of Mensa's tenure and we're struggling with fucking Tulsa and Maryland is beyond us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

God forbid we expect success in what is arguably the top job in CFB. You need some new state-of-the-art facilities? Done, just ask (I'm looking at you, Charlie Strong). You need an army of top notch quality control analysts/assistants? Ask. It's done. You want a bigger coaching budget to assemble the very best recruiting/coaching assistants money can buy instead of hiring your fucking buddies? Done (if I was cross-eyed, I'd be glaring at Herman and Strong). You want a great school that can offer a grade A education in one of the coolest, most awesome towns in the entire fucking world? It's already fucking there. You want a state full of top talent that dreams of growing up playing for your school? Again, it's there already, aside from the occasional weirdo who wants to be aggy for some fucked up reason.

Yes, there's high demands, but for good fucking reason. As long as you have a solid plan in place, there's ZERO excuse to not succeed here. And there's certainly no excuse to come a cunt hair away from losing to a Tulsa team that went 2-10 and 1-7 in the American West Conference last year. If we are the most hair trigger fan base in the I really don't give a fuck. We should be.

Can I get a “Amen?”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

God forbid we expect success in what is arguably the top job in CFB. You need some new state-of-the-art facilities? Done, just ask (I'm looking at you, Charlie Strong). You need an army of top notch quality control analysts/assistants? Ask. It's done. You want a bigger coaching budget to assemble the very best recruiting/coaching assistants money can buy instead of hiring your fucking buddies? Done (if I was cross-eyed, I'd be glaring at Herman and Strong). You want a great school that can offer a grade A education in one of the coolest, most awesome towns in the entire fucking world? It's already fucking there. You want a state full of top talent that dreams of growing up playing for your school? Again, it's there already, aside from the occasional weirdo who wants to be aggy for some fucked up reason.

Yes, there's high demands, but for good fucking reason. As long as you have a solid plan in place, there's ZERO excuse to not succeed here. And there's certainly no excuse to come a cunt hair away from losing to a Tulsa team that went 2-10 and 1-7 in the American West Conference last year. If we are the most hair trigger fan base in the I really don't give a fuck. We should be.

Winning is hard.

• Like 3

When you are in Year 2 and showing the exact same shitty tendencies and play calling/personnel decisions as year 1 your fan base will not be happy.

UT lost to Maryland this year for the same reasons we lost last year: Poor QB play, stupid personnel packages and substitution decisions, mental breakdowns (many penalties on D, delay of game on 1st series), add in continuous struggles with other teams making halftime adjustments and Texas acting( in spite of supposedly a great coaching staff)  incapable of anticipating or reacting to them. Look at what Tulsa did in 2nd half, They did the same shit to UT that was done damn near all last season. Texas is ice cold coming out of half.

Herman is frankly lucky he is not being booed resounding by the fans. I could quasi squint and see losing to Maryland last year. Challenge is we lost to them due to the coaches not taking them seriously as an opponent. Losing to them this year is ridiculous.

• Like 1

If we don’t whine, we’re viewed as “complacent” or “not passionate enough.” When we do whine, we’re viewed as “too demanding” or even a “cesspool.” It’s a no-win for us fans...and all necessitated by the fact our HC (take your pick of them) can’t or won’t do his job. Not sure how that’s really on us. 

8 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

If we don’t whine, we’re viewed as “complacent” or “not passionate enough.” When we do whine, we’re viewed as “too demanding” or even a “cesspool.” It’s a no-win for us fans...and all necessitated by the fact our HC (take your pick of them) can’t or won’t do his job. Not sure how that’s really on us. 

Everyone hates us. I can live with that. Can't live with everyone laughing at us, and that's where we're heading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

I remember turning on him after the first Maryland loss. 2010-2016 should give anyone a hair trigger. I believe I turned on Strong pretty fast too. Although I was a defender of Mack Brown up until the last season.

I'm like those jaded middle age women. My hearts been through too much, I don't think I will ever love again.

I turned on him middle of the 2nd quarter.  Down 27-7 at 7:47 of the 2nd, I texted that I was "ready to call the Tom Herman experiment was a complete failure."

• Like 1