Kris Boyd probably should start showing up for meetings

TtomTerrific

Actually his biggest mistake was suggesting that a current player is using drugs. Either be the professional you claim you are and address it by speaking with the coaches that you know about it. And before you report it you are giving them a chance to address it. This allows the coaching staff some wiggle room. And allows Acho further access to Texas football. As a reporter you don’t personally engage a player and become part of the fucking story.
By suggesting that a current player is using with innuendo without first talking to the Texas head coach before plastering it on social media is not even close to being professional. It’s being a hot take no journalism hack.

When did he suggest a player was on drugs? I must have missed that.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Acho isn't wrong.  He's saying the same thing we are.  As senior leaders, they fucking cost this team a loss in a small way by getting suspended for breaking team rules.  He's absolutely right about it.  Him being on a platform where he's supposed to promote the university, he probably should have just vented his frustration privately.  Boyd isn't wrong also.  Seems like Acho is fake to them at the facilities and then bad mouths them publicly.  I'm sure it's pissed the players off.  Regardless, Boyd being a fucking senior should also know better than to have public disputes with former alumni.  Neither is wrong with their feeling/opinion, but both are fucking watermelon retards for fighting publicly like middle school girls.

Of course he’s not wrong. The problem is the message is being delievered by Acho. Many people don’t like him. I do, but see his self-importance. I know how that can grate on people, like certain posters here. I can’t believe Boyd responded. He’s been a child since he’s been here and hasn’t matured in a lot of areas. 

Of course he’s not wrong. The problem is the message is being delievered by Acho. Many people don’t like him. I do, but see his self-importance. I know how that can grate on people, like certain posters here. I can’t believe Boyd responded. He’s been a child since he’s been here and hasn’t matured in a lot of areas. 

It was foolish of Boyd to respond. As foolish as it was for Acho to tweet it in the first place.

But I’m not surprised in the least that Boyd responded. Respect and disrespect, whether real or perceived, is a big thing to a lot of people.

19 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Yeah, that’s not cool of Acho.

for everyone ready for him to graduate, who’s a better alternative on the roster? The first qtr proved that the guys behind him are shit

Imagine if we’d given up on Cedric Griffin in October 2003 or Sam Ehlinger on 9/1/18. Most people develop to some degree and not all of them are fuckheads like Boyd. 

8 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

but I guess he’s claiming the Big 12 South tie in ‘08

That's some aggy type memory on his part.  I recall quite clearly our getting screwed out of things that year with Art's famous CP vote.  Deserving or not, beat Tech or don't claim it, Manny.

Edited by dcbc

7 hours ago, thestud said:

Boyd is 5'11 190

Acho is 6'2 240

Idgaf who you think can throw hands better, Acho gets a hold of Boyd and his life is over. That being said I'd like to see Omenihu call him out in person, that would be entertaining.

You mean:

Boyd is currently in the best shape of his life and sits at 5'11" 190 lbs.

Acho is a retired football player who was 6'2" 240 lbs. years ago, but is no longer in competition shape.

12 hours ago, dcbc said:

That's some aggy type memory on his part.  I recall quite clearly our getting screwed out of things that year with Art's famous CP vote.  Deserving or not, beat Tech or don't claim it, Manny.

That's pretty damn bush league. I read that tweet and thought for a second he was like a redshirt freshman (like Colt) on the '05 team, but he was a FRESHMAN in '08. Jesus Christ. 

I mean, that dude was on arguably the shittiest UT football of all-time (2010) when you put into perspective they just came off a National Championship run. Pretty fucking disgraceful. Especially if you watch the games and watch as guys pretty much just quit and lose motivation during games. 

I guess he is UT football's version of Alexi Lalas

12 minutes ago, Blanton said:

That's pretty damn bush league. I read that tweet and thought for a second he was like a redshirt freshman (like Colt) on the '05 team, but he was a FRESHMAN in '08. Jesus Christ. 

I mean, that dude was on arguably the shittiest UT football of all-time (2010) when you put into perspective they just came off a National Championship run. Pretty fucking disgraceful. Especially if you watch the games and watch as guys pretty much just quit and lose motivation during games. 

I guess he is UT football's version of Alexi Lalas

Acho has gone way down in my book because of the trash comment, his general grandstanding over the last 12 mouths, and that conf champ comment is ridiculous. 

Which 5-7 team was worse: ‘10, ‘15 or ‘16?  

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Acho has gone way down in my book because of the trash comment, his general grandstanding over the last 12 mouths, and that conf champ comment is ridiculous. 

'10. Hands-fucking-down. 

'15 and '16 can be attributed to the program being dysfunctional. I think the players worked their asses off, coaches did what they could, but the whole thing just couldn't come together. 

'10 can be attributed to laziness from staff and players alike. The team overall looked like they could put on a Texas jersey and trot out there like they were the '85 Bears. Dudes got a harsh dose of reality. Hell, even the fan base was so brash and arrogant after '04-'09 that it extrapolated the amount of figurative ammo our enemies had against us. 

18 minutes ago, Blanton said:

'10. Hands-fucking-down. 

'15 and '16 can be attributed to the program being dysfunctional. I think the players worked their asses off, coaches did what they could, but the whole thing just couldn't come together. 

'10 can be attributed to laziness from staff and players alike. The team overall looked like they could put on a Texas jersey and trot out there like they were the '85 Bears. Dudes got a harsh dose of reality. Hell, even the fan base was so brash and arrogant after '04-'09 that it extrapolated the amount of figurative ammo our enemies had against us. 

The defense was quite good in 10. The offense was trying to switch from a spread to power football with players ill equipped to do so. Giant philosophy shifts like that take a few years to implement and recruit to AND we didn’t have top of the shelf talent or coaching to run that offense anyway. It’s not a complete coincidence that the offense finally started to look competent in 2012 in year three of the transition. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

17 minutes ago, Blanton said:
27 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

'10. Hands-fucking-down. 

The 6-7 2014 team was way worse than any of the three 5-7 teams.

The '16 team was probably the "best" 5-7 team (depending on how far into Shane's physical regression you were).  The 2010 defense was really freaking good, so it's hard to say that was the worst team.  The '15 team (Jerrod Heard) was so weirdly inconsistent--shitty some games (TCU; Notre Dame; Iowa State), good to great other games (OU; Baylor); and maybe the best team I've ever seen at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (Cal; Oklahoma State; Texas Tech; West Virginia)--even better than the 2017 team.

• Like 1

Many things have been said and all hurt the program. None of this helps the current players get back on track and prepare for West Virginia. It's a distraction that can't be allowed to infect any other aspects of moving forward. Whatever tiff there is between Acho and the current players or staff, it needs to end or they need to be separated until the season is over and can figure it out then. It's Herman's responsibility to ensure his program is free of whatever the issue is. He speaks about tightening that circle all the time (or at least a couple times that I'm for sure aware of) this is a prime example of doing exactly that.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:25 AM, HtownHorn said:

Did you see what is waiting behind him?

I know what's waiting behind him, but I also know that both of them are 1st or 2nd year players, not 4th year seniors who got left behind by their teammate who actually had NFL talent. There's still hope for Boyce and tons of hope for true freshman Cook (and Green). Boyd is at his max as a college player, literally, and is quickly running out of time to build a legacy here. He will be forgotten in 2 years.

25 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Many things have been said and all hurt the program. None of this helps the current players get back on track and prepare for West Virginia. It's a distraction that can't be allowed to infect any other aspects of moving forward. Whatever tiff there is between Acho and the current players or staff, it needs to end or they need to be separated until the season is over and can figure it out then. It's Herman's responsibility to ensure his program is free of whatever the issue is. He speaks about tightening that circle all the time (or at least a couple times that I'm for sure aware of) this is a prime example of doing exactly that.

Agreed, what the hell does Acho think he's doing if he actually is a friend of the program by starting shit with players? He's a grown ass man.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

He will be forgotten in 2 years.

Hell, it’s been just 2 years and almost everyone has forgotten about D’Onta Foreman who was one of the top 3-4 RBs to play here...ever. 

Winning really matters when it comes to being remembered I guess. 

• Like 1

I know most everyone is ready for Boyd to leave but Boyce is bad. I’m sure he’ll start next season and someone will take his spot. Please Jalen green be ready.

Does cook suck too? Hard to tell the whole secondary sucked this weekend. Luckily cook is only a freshman. So if he sucks he can only get better, right? Lol

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Agreed, what the hell does Acho think he's doing if he actually is a friend of the program by starting shit with players? He's a grown ass man.

Herman has the ability to directly intervene with Boyd and how he reacted to what is going on. I hope for both of their sake he has, and he's made every effort to remedy the situation inside the program. The only thing he can do to Acho is restrict his access to the program. I don't like that prospect because it could potentially set a dangerous precedent, however it also tells people that if they are going to try and tear down what he and the men at Moncrief are trying to build they don't need to be around anyway. If Acho has some grievance with someone, there are far better ways of handling it than airing that shit on national TV or social media. Putting shit on blast is never the right answer, especially when you have to know it's going to hurt your own.

Just now, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Herman has the ability to directly intervene with Boyd and how he reacted to what is going on. I hope for both of their sake he has, and he's made every effort to remedy the situation inside the program. The only thing he can do to Acho is restrict his access to the program. I don't like that prospect because it could potentially set a dangerous precedent, however it also tells people that if they are going to try and tear down what he and the men at Moncrief are trying to build they don't need to be around anyway. If Acho has some grievance with someone, there are far better ways of handling it than airing that shit on national TV or social media. Putting shit on blast is never the right answer, especially when you have to know it's going to hurt your own.

Acho should be shut out for the rest of this season. Whether he is right or not is irrelevant. That's not the way an ex-player who has access to the program should approach things. I don't know a single coach who would look the other way after that.

15 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Hell, it’s been just 2 years and almost everyone has forgotten about D’Onta Foreman who was one of the top 3-4 RBs to play here...ever. 

Winning really matters when it comes to being remembered I guess. 

True, and pretty disappointing. But people will remember him fondly for that 2000. Boyd will gets shrugs.

• Like 1

Could care less about Acho's comments, I just want DBs that can locate a ball in the air and time their jump.  I see it every Saturday across college football of DBs that can properly play deep balls in the air.  Boyd and Davis are absolutely hapless. 

Edited by BigBenBamboozle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Acho should be shut out for the rest of this season. Whether he is right or not is irrelevant. That's not the way an ex-player who has access to the program should approach things. I don't know a single coach who would look the other way after that.

No doubt, I said that above. I mean shutting out former players from coming back can set a bad precedent the way former players were alienated by mackovic in the 90s. But if it's just the one player for a specific reason being shut out until there is time to deal with the issue then the precedent issue should be able to be avoided.