Jump to content
JimmyHoffa

Uniform Pron

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

I get it with nostalgia and all, but the Eagles and Redskins are both better now.

What’s pissing me off is all these teams (NFL and MLB) looking like they’re wearing slow pitch softball uniforms. Browns, Bucs, and Titans.

Skins, yes, but I'd take the Randall Cunningham-era Eagles unis over the current one. I don't even know what color they wear now, but it is dull. And don't even get me started on the Browns - their old ones were great; new ones are atrocious. 

randall1_zpscpuzinxe.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rustic Horn said:

Illini with new unis....

 

If a team changes unis, and nobody watches, did the unis really change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Not much effort went into the Illinois change. I wonder how much they paid for that.

3.50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, LosIllini said:

Nike isn't trying very hard.

40570987354_c6b798abbf_z.jpg

When is the last time either of those two programs actually did something in football that merited the thought of Nike having the need to try harder, would be my question...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

utsa-13-orangeblue-1-675x380.jpg

I like UTSA Football, scrappy team, but they need to quit this look. Get rid of that stupid clip art Texas map flying UTSA logo and go with this.

 

Tucker+Carter+UTSA+v+Houston+xaCyPr4F1Uc

This should be their default road look, but they fuck around with color combinations and look ridiculous.

 

b4f7b1f4251c56fc0198e5fd06cfa9b3.jpg

Seriously man. Texas history and all that happened around there. Use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 6:48 AM, kopp0e said:

When is the last time either of those two programs actually did something in football that merited the thought of Nike having the need to try harder, would be my question...

 

Almost 20 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, Escapedgoat said:

 

I like UTSA Football, scrappy team, but they need to quit this look. Get rid of that stupid clip art Texas map flying UTSA logo and go with this.

 

 

This should be their default road look, but they fuck around with color combinations and look ridiculous.

 

b4f7b1f4251c56fc0198e5fd06cfa9b3.jpg

Seriously man. Texas history and all that happened around there. Use it.

WOW

Hell yeah. That would look good on a white helmet. I'm jealous of these helmets.

ttu1.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:39 AM, Escapedgoat said:

utsa-13-orangeblue-1-675x380.jpg

I like UTSA Football, scrappy team, but they need to quit this look. Get rid of that stupid clip art Texas map flying UTSA logo and go with this.

 

Tucker+Carter+UTSA+v+Houston+xaCyPr4F1Uc

This should be their default road look, but they fuck around with color combinations and look ridiculous.

 

b4f7b1f4251c56fc0198e5fd06cfa9b3.jpg

Seriously man. Texas history and all that happened around there. Use it.

I really like these Roadrunner unis..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah whomever said it earlier is dead on... the Broncos need to bring these back ASAP.  Pretty much all of the NFL uniforms that were re-designed in the mid/late 1990s are trash with their muted colors and stupid number/font design.  The Broncos, Patriots and Eagles are probably the worst offenders of teams that went from great uniforms to junk.

7672d13b30cad133c29f15be72e4384f.jpg

Edited by oSuJeff97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BayouBill said:

the Come and Take It would look bad ass as an alternate helmet decal.

Unless someone come and took it and whipped thy ass by 4 touchdowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, Escapedgoat said:

I'm glad the Titans changed. Now they look like the shitty team they were meant to be there. Fuck you Bud Adams.

I hope to one day see the Texans come to their senses and scrap their silly name and look and go set things right.

Could've been the Houston Hurricanes. Red, white, and blue is fine, i don't like the powder blue... The Texans logo is horrible, but I guarantee you they did it because the other teams will bull logos sell well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 6:48 AM, kopp0e said:

When is the last time either of those two programs actually did something in football that merited the thought of Nike having the need to try harder, would be my question...

2008 Rose Bowl for the Illini when they had these jerseys:

https://goo.gl/images/nWMuns

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rustic Horn said:

 

Don't be surprised if USC winds up being the Jumpman brand out west...

Arizona State/ Washington - Adidas 

UCLA/ California/ Utah - Under Armour

Washington State/ Oregon/ Oregon State/ Stanford/ USC/ Arizona/ Colorado - Nike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current top 5 earners from shoe & apparel contracts: #1) UCLA #2) Ohio State #3) Texas #4) Michigan  #5)Wisconsin

college-apparel-deals-img.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shoulder stripes look kind of awkward, but overall I think it's an improvement for them.  Kinda like the one color number font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The Patriots and Broncos old unis were the shit.   I'm especially partial to the Pats old uniforms b/c my high school used the same helmet dude. 

So you're saying this hits close to dome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 4:15 AM, kopp0e said:

The current top 5 earners from shoe & apparel contracts: #1) UCLA #2) Ohio State #3) Texas #4) Michigan  #5)Wisconsin

college-apparel-deals-img.jpg

Some of these seem strange but looks like the contract duration is a pretty big driver.  Top 5 have all re-upped in the past two years.  OUsucks and Bama look to be on old contracts and I imagine both will likely shoot near the top when they re-up at some point this year.

What's the deal with knowing the private schools' contract value but not the contract duration? That doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Some of these seem strange but looks like the contract duration is a pretty big driver.  Top 5 have all re-upped in the past two years.  OUsucks and Bama look to be on old contracts and I imagine both will likely shoot near the top when they re-up at some point this year.

What's the deal with knowing the private schools' contract value but not the contract duration? That doesn't make any sense.

I think OU gets an increase in June, when it officially switches to Jordan, but I don't know how much... And 'Bama is due for a massive bump once it's contract expires...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, Rustic Horn said:

 

I like these Owl alternate helmets, & wish the team was still a P-5 program... #SWCNostalgia...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...