Neonmoon

1 minute ago, meansonny said:

UGA's five toughest games

Lost to Bama( 13-0 ) neutral field

Beat Florida (9-3)neutral field

Lost @ LSU badly (9-3)

Beat @ Kentucky (9-3)

Beat @ Missouri (8-4)

All of the above are ranked for what it is worth.  

Next 2 best wins (to compare to Notre Dames top 5 wins) would be any mix of @ South Carolina, Auburn, and Georgia Tech.   All of which are 7-5.

Ah, citing losses... your aggy is showing

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

31 point win @ bowl eligible Wake, 21 points at home over 8-4 Stanford. 

That's 5 super solid wins against 0 losses. 

So, if we're playing you're stupid as dog shit game here, you need to give me 6 wins Georgia had more impressive than those 5, considering you got your ass whipped @LSU.

Your 4th best win is 8-4 Stanford.

5th best win at 6-6 Wake Forest?

Any other wins over teams with winning records?

• Fuck You 4

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

31 point win @ bowl eligible Wake, 21 points at home over 8-4 Stanford. 

That's 5 super solid wins against 0 losses. 

So, if we're playing you're stupid as dog shit game here, you need to give me 6 wins Georgia had more impressive than those 5, considering you got your ass whipped @LSU.

8 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I would say these are Georgias best wins. They lost to the other marquee teams in LSU and Bama. Nothing special.

Actually, I feel much, much better about our chances playing them now that I have examined their schedule closer. I know Swift is a real deal running back. But he tee’d off on some shitty teams to get those numbers.

Missouri

Florida

Auburn

Missouri, Florida, and Kentucky are usually considered the 3 best.  None as good as michigan.  All 3 may be overrated.  We may find out this bowl season.

USC has talent.  They are 5-7, though.

Stanford is good for 4th best win at 8-4.

Pitt is a good find at 7-6.  They were their division Champs in the ACC I think.

Sorry, I am missing your point? Are you saying that a school with a winning record of 1 game is better then a .500 team?

Because that doesn’t always work out. My example would be Oklahoma State playing the same Georgia schedule. With the ineptitude of all of the SEC teams Georgia played outside of Alabama, OSU could very easily have put up a half of hundred on them. And I’m pretty confident they would have beat MTS, Austin Peay and UMass. Yet their record doesn’t necessarily tell the entire story of their team. Just my take.

• Like 1

Missouri, Florida, and Kentucky are usually considered the 3 best.  None as good as michigan.  All 3 may be overrated.  We may find out this bowl season.

I would take Syracuse on a neutral field against at least two of those teams. Kentucky is hilariously overrated. Florida is a Jekyl and Hyde team. Mizzou is Mizzou.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I would take Syracuse on a neutral field against at least two of those teams. Kentucky is hilariously overrated. Florida is a Jekyl and Hyde team. Mizzou is Mizzou.

Florida is a team that tries to force their opponents into playing their style of game. Control the clock, punt well to maintain field position and use their defense and avoid turnovers. Against a team that actually has an offense they are basically fucked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I would say these are Georgias best wins. They lost to the other marquee teams in LSU and Bama. Nothing special.

Actually, I feel much, much better about our chances playing them now that I have examined their schedule closer. I know Swift is a real deal running back. But he tee’d off on some shitty teams to get those numbers.

Missouri

Florida

Auburn

The point is that UGA has played 1 team undefeated.  Three teams with 3 losses.

The 4 toughest opponents have 10 losses combined.

Notre Dame's 4 toughest opponents have 20 losses if I am counting correctly.

It is easier to go undefeated or 1 loss with an easier schedule.

And I disagree that schedule strength should be viewed from the weakest games to toughest (every home only opponent is a cupcake regardless of power 5 or fcs. Only a crappy team would agree to a home only game).

More emphatically... the playoff committee is encouraging the scheduling of 7-5 opponents.  Nothing in their message says to play a tougher schedule.  The entire message is to avoid losses at all costs.  And that will hurt college football.  It is the wrong message.

7 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Sorry, I am missing your point? Are you saying that a school with a winning record of 1 game is better then a .500 team?

Because that doesn’t always work out. My example would be Oklahoma State playing the same Georgia schedule. With the ineptitude of all of the SEC teams Georgia played outside of Alabama, OSU could very easily have put up a half of hundred on them. And I’m pretty confident they would have beat MTS, Austin Peay and UMass. Yet their record doesn’t necessarily tell the entire story of their team. Just my take.

My point was just posted.  But in summation... notre dame has the best win. Easily.  But the schedule is a bunch of middling team.  A 12 week slate with 2 tough opponents.  And notre dames worst days were awful.  They just were lucky to face a 6-6 vandy team at home, a 4-8 ball state at home, and 7-6 Pitt at home during those awful games.  Put any team with a pulse in two of those dates and they don't look so pure.

The playoff committee isn't emphasizing strength of schedule in their arguments.

Florida is a team that tries to force their opponents into playing their style of game. Control the clock, punt well to maintain field position and use their defense and avoid turnovers. Against a team that actually has an offense they are basically fucked.

Good thing they play in the sec then.

7 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

The Florida defense is great against a 1 dimensional offense.  They can sell out to stop the run.  They can cream a team in 3rd and long.

What they can't do is defend vertically.  That takes the safety out of the box.  And their entire defense crumbles.  Except for goalline (when their safeties can support the run)  UGA did anything we wanted against them.

They probably are overrated in most years.  For some reason, the entire country seems down this year.  Not really anyone to put in their place before bowl season.

14 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I don't know anything about Oklahoma State.  So I will take your word.

It looks like they will get a Crack against missouri.

We were able to play nickel against missouri.  They ran the ball very well on us.  4 rushing TDs.  But their passing game was eliminated.  And they don't play any defense.  The game was never in doubt.  We handled them easily.  Played 68 players on the road.

3 minutes ago, meansonny said:

We were able to play nickel against missouri.  They ran the ball very well on us.  4 rushing TDs.  But their passing game was eliminated.  And they don't play any defense.  The game was never in doubt.  We handled them easily.  Played 68 players on the road.

Barring a bizarre turnover scenario, Missouri’s weak ass actually beats you and that is sad. 

Your records comparison stunt falls flat when all of the SEC mediocrities played an FCS school, and often a bunch of nothing beyond that in the non-con. You want to be credible in the argument? Play 9 conference games like a team with a fucking ballsack. Play a P5 expected to be competitive when scheduled. Until then, get the fuck out of here with your weak shit about who deserved what. You scheduled a bunch of dickless nothings and then fell back on your weak and shitty SEC East schedule while shouting and hooting “but SEC” in that backwater, play no-one, echo chamber of know-nothing hdillbilliies that you fuckwads live among. Your conference is Alabama and nothing worth discussing but for flashes in the pan. That is becoming clear to everyone paying attention. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, meansonny said:

Missouri is reverting back to the mean. There was a reason they successfully navigated their first couple of years after moving to the SEC East. The division was down, and Missouri had an offense that was built to compete in the Big 12. Meaning you had to score to keep up.

After a coaching change, and subsequent loss of the Texas recruiting they enjoyed as a Big 12 member. They now are forced to go head to head with programs that have spent decades building recruiting relationships. 

I live in a part of Georgia that sends a large number of football players to DI schools every year. And I can say with authority that getting an offer from Missouri is only slightly better then App State or Georgia Southern.

54 minutes ago, meansonny said:
Next 2 best wins (to compare to Notre Dames top 5 wins) would be any mix of @ South Carolina, Auburn, and Georgia Tech.   All of which are 7-5.

Yes, Souf Carolina and Auburn...such great teams who are 7-5 from beating Wofford, Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga, Akron, Mercer, Alabama State, Southern Miss and Liberty, plus the bottom of the SEC.

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

Yes, Souf Carolina and Auburn...such great teams who are 7-5 from beating Wofford, Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga, Akron, Mercer, Alabama State, Southern Miss and Liberty, plus the bottom of the SEC.

With the creampuffs on the schedule, SEC teams need to be 8-4 to be mediocre.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Barring a bizarre turnover scenario, Missouri’s weak ass actually beats you and that is sad. 

Your records comparison stunt falls flat when all of the SEC mediocrities played an FCS school, and often a bunch of nothing beyond that in the non-con. You want to be credible in the argument? Play 9 conference games like a team with a fucking ballsack. Play a P5 expected to be competitive when scheduled. Until then, get the fuck out of here with your weak shit about who deserved what. You scheduled a bunch of dickless nothings and then fell back on your weak and shitty SEC East schedule while shouting and hooting “but SEC” in that backwater, play no-one, echo chamber of know-nothing hdillbilliies that you fuckwads live among. Your conference is Alabama and nothing worth discussing but for flashes in the pan. That is becoming clear to everyone paying attention. 

We did play 9 conference games.

We did play a P5 OOC who expected to be competitive (better than the average team that Notre Dame played).

If you don't think playing 5 ranked opponents is tougher than playing 2... fine.  If you don't think 4 opponents with 10 losses is tougher than 4 opponents with 20 losses... fine.  If you think a bad game on the road to a top 10 team is worse than a bad game at home versus a 6-6 Vandy/4-6 Ball St/7-6 Pitt... fine.  Those are subjective opinions.  I've stated my case.

But.

Do you think that the playoff committee's logic and reasoning encourages teams like UGA and Texas to play each other in the regular season?  Or does it discourage it?

The only point that they have made is "don't lose".

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Missouri is reverting back to the mean. There was a reason they successfully navigated their first couple of years after moving to the SEC East. The division was down, and Missouri had an offense that was built to compete in the Big 12. Meaning you had to score to keep up.

After a coaching change, and subsequent loss of the Texas recruiting they enjoyed as a Big 12 member. They now are forced to go head to head with programs that have spent decades building recruiting relationships. 

I live in a part of Georgia that sends a large number of football players to DI schools every year. And I can say with authority that getting an offer from Missouri is only slightly better then App State or Georgia Southern.

They are interesting.  Lost and trying to find an identity.  Lock is crap.  But they are trying to get their running game going.  And they are discovering that ball control can cover weaknesses in their defense.

I don't agree about their early East success.  Yes. The division sucked.  But it was their defense (more importantly, their ability to wreck teams with a 4 man front) that controlled games.  The offense was only good 1 year out of the last 6 I think (2013.  The only year they have beaten us).  We've handled the offense very well since then keeping them 1 dimensional.

Outside of Bama, and on occasion Georgia and LSU, the SEC is a bunch of goldbricking, coattail-riding rednecks who beat up on weak sisters and view their dicks in their driver's side mirrors.  Their wishful hubris as football badasses dovetails perfectly with aggy delusion that they are a service academy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Georgia is better than Oklahoma. The difference in OU and every other team in playoff contention is OU's defense- no other team in the conversation has a unit as completely inept as OU's defense. Oh well. Watching them get skull fucked in the playoff will be fun. 

OU would steamroll ND.  Sooners’ offense makes up for that shitty D more often than not.  OU D last year was not much better if any...Georgia had their hands full, to say the least.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meansonny said:

UGA's five toughest games

Lost to Bama( 13-0 ) neutral field

Beat Florida (9-3)neutral field

Lost @ LSU badly (9-3)

Beat @ Kentucky (9-3)

Beat @ Missouri (8-4)

All of the above are ranked for what it is worth.  

They're 7-5 because your incestuous cackle of state and conference mates only play 8 conference games and thus have 7 fewer losses distributed amongst them. 

• Like 2

We did play 9 conference games.

We did play a P5 OOC who expected to be competitive (better than the average team that Notre Dame played).

If you don't think playing 5 ranked opponents is tougher than playing 2... fine.  If you don't think 4 opponents with 10 losses is tougher than 4 opponents with 20 losses... fine.  If you think a bad game on the road to a top 10 team is worse than a bad game at home versus a 6-6 Vandy/4-6 Ball St/7-6 Pitt... fine.  Those are subjective opinions.  I've stated my case.

But.

Do you think that the playoff committee's logic and reasoning encourages teams like UGA and Texas to play each other in the regular season?  Or does it discourage it?

The only point that they have made is "don't lose".

the entire college football season is a playoff. the point in any playoff is “don’t lose”. not sure what the issue is. 

this isn’t a team that lost a fluky sept game and got screwed when 4 teams went undefeated. this is a team that knew in december that a win would get them in. they were winning by multiple scores. they couldn’t get it done. 

somebody somewhere is actually saying we should reward that team?  that’s not how this works. that’s not how any of this works. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Georgia is better than Oklahoma. 

Actually, we don't know that. We also don't know if Bama, Clemson, and Notre Dame are better than Oklahoma or if they are better than each other either. Notre Dame is a fun team to shit on right now, but last year they played UGA, a mighty secsecsec playoff team, to a 19-20 loss and finished the season by beating another mighty secsecsec team LSU. We don't know until the games are played. 

What we absolutely do know, and don't need to see again, is that Bama is better than Georgia. This narrative that Georgia played Bama sooooo tough also needs to be checked... 

Georgia's second half:

Touchdown 

Missed FG

Punt

Punt

Punt

Downs 

End of game. 

That is not playing Bama close in another "game of the century." Tua was off, Bama WR dropped a hundred balls, and the Tide still came out and shut Georgia the fuck down after half time. 

Putting a team in the playoffs that just lost their conference championship game is beyond fucking stupid. I could see an argument if Georgia and Bama played earlier in the year, and maybe something had changed like injuries, depth chart, home field etc....but this game just fucking happened! It's literally incomprehensible to give a team a second chance at a game just played over a team who hasn't played against the rest of the teams in the playoffs. 

The scariest part is that the committee had Georgia 5th ahead of Ohio State. That's leaving the door open, and I could see UGA and Bama both going into the SECCG next year undefeated. 

The best test to this bullshit idea is what would fans, media, the committee etc etc think if these scenarios played out? 

ACCCG 12-0 Clemson vs 11-1 VT

Big 12 CG 12-0 Texas vs 11-1 Oklahoma 

B1G CG 12-0 OSU vs 11-1 Wisky 

Pac CG 12-0 Washington vs 11-1 UCLA 

Are any of the losers of these games being considered by the fans, media, and committee to join their conference mate in the playoffs as the second team from the same conference? The answer is obviously no, except for maybe the Buckeyes. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the entire college football season is a playoff. the point in any playoff is “don’t lose”. not sure what the issue is. 

this isn’t a team that lost a fluky sept game and got screwed when 4 teams went undefeated. this is a team that knew in december that a win would get them in. they were winning by multiple scores. they couldn’t get it done. 

somebody somewhere is actually saying we should reward that team?  that’s not how this works. that’s not how any of this works. 

I am not arguing that UGA should be in the playoff. I believe the team should win to advance. However, I am strongly arguing against the logic and explanation of the college football playoff committee. 100% of their determination is based upon losses. The only logical conclusion for any Athletics director of any University is to schedule easier competition because that is not taken into account. College football is worse and will be worse if the college football playoff committee continues this course.

If this reasoning does not change, the out-of-conference games that UGA has scheduled with Texas and Clemson will not happen. Nor should they because they don't benefit either team.

• Fuck You 4

8 hours ago, meansonny said:

These 3 would not be ranked if they were outside of the sec

• Like 1

If this reasoning does not change, the out-of-conference games that UGA has scheduled with Texas and Clemson will not happen. Nor should they because they don't benefit either team.

You play anyone and you play to win. 

You sound like a world class pussy when you say anything about why anyone shouldn’t play each other.

...but then again I would expect such comments from someone that will never experience watching championship football from their team in their entire meaningless life.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Can't be repeated enough, about the bbq.  Deep South bbq is an offense to mankind. 

Shit, I’m in a tight spot. Look I was raised on Texas BBQ. But I moved to Georgia when I got out of Texas in 72. And have since developed a long friendship with Larry Sconyers here in Augusta. And man, I love what the guy and his people can do with beef. He has a lunch plate of chopped beef, hash and rice accompanied by some of the finest potato salad that I just simply can’t resist the damn stuff. I even stock a half dozen bottles of his mild sauce in my pantry that can make damn near anything that we have here on the ranch taste better. 

So hate if you want, but if you’re ever out this way I extend the invitation to treat you and your group to lunch to see for yourself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Shit, I’m in a tight spot. Look I was raised on Texas BBQ. But I moved to Georgia when I got out of Texas in 72. And have since developed a long friendship with Larry Sconyers here in Augusta. And man, I love what the guy and his people can do with beef. He has a lunch plate of chopped beef, hash and rice accompanied by some of the finest potato salad that I just simply can’t resist the damn stuff. I even stock a half dozen bottles of his mild sauce in my pantry that can make damn near anything that we have here on the ranch taste better. 

So hate if you want, but if you’re ever out this way I extend the invitation to treat you and your group to lunch to see for yourself.

Well, you're touting bbq by focusing on their potato salad and sauce....not a great sales pitch, imho. 

• Like 3

UGA lost to LSU by 20 and has two losses.  Two massive strikes against them.

At that point it’s over unless it’s 2007’s group of teams and even then it’s dicey without a league title.  No 2 loss team has made the playoff period.

the committee will try to get the “best” teams in as long as you don’t give them blatant reasons to exclude you like getting blown out or losing twice.  UGA will get any benefit of the doubt they can justifiably give.

Edited by S11