News stories that remind you of Surly

Longboard Horn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Tim Yost tells News 4 he’s legally married to Richelle Yost, but the two had an open relationship with another woman, Amanda Breeze.

nice south park GIF

Let he who has not had an open marriage involving sex, Laundry, toilet paper and doing the dishes cast the first post.

There's a reason he was working in Sacramento.

Good Day Sacramento features reporter fired after damaging auto show cars on-air

CBS Sacramento 13 fired features reporter Angel Cardenas following major backlash after a live on-air segment showed Angel damaging classic cars and jumping on an exhibition vehicle before the Sacramento International Auto Show, a three-day auto show held at Cal Expo every year, opened to the public.

CBS Sacramento deleted the video after a public outcry on social media from car enthusiasts and Sacramento residents but fortunately, several news viewers took it upon themselves to DVR the news, sharing that deleted segment on Facebook.

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/10/21/good-day-sacramento-feature-reporter-fired-after-damaging-auto-show-cars-on-air/

Edited by RPM

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/julia-rose-has-been-hereby-banned-from-all-mlb-stadiums-and-facilities-indefinitely?fbclid=IwAR29XkwdiMouZBEcvaPd1CcttlBIFDgu3EK0BOY6_jbYpyJX7aTl0weolJU

Julia Rose Has Been Hereby Banned From All MLB Stadiums And Facilities, Indefinitely

(letter obviously fake, but still, reminds me of Surly)

Edited by MillerEP

13 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/28/us/iowa-gender-reveal-death/index.html

They thought it be fun to celebrate a gender reveal party with a pipe bomb.

“Hold my beer” said the visibly intoxicated expectant mother before the obviously dumbass thing about to happen. The child, unfortunately, is expected to survive and to be incarcerated by 14.

Seriously, that kid has no chance with an idiot family like that.

Edited by 'stache

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Shit , the Eagles stadium has an entire cell block, Infirmary, cafe, and commissary. 

True story: I went to an Eagles game and (fuck if I remember his name) their Fullback dropped 2 screen passes in a row. This one dude stands up and starts screaming that they need to "cut this fucker right now!! Get him off the fucking field!!!"

Then this lady stands up three rows in front of him and starts yelling for him to shut the fuck up and starts climbing over seats. Another woman holds her back and tells the guy that this woman is his wife and to shut up or her husband would come kick his ass. Dude clatters back "THAT FUCKER CAN'T CATCH ME ANY BETTER THAN HE CAN CATCH A FOOTBALL".

Hilarity ensued.

21 hours ago, RPM said:

There's a reason he was working in Sacramento.

Good Day Sacramento features reporter fired after damaging auto show cars on-air

CBS Sacramento 13 fired features reporter Angel Cardenas following major backlash after a live on-air segment showed Angel damaging classic cars and jumping on an exhibition vehicle before the Sacramento International Auto Show, a three-day auto show held at Cal Expo every year, opened to the public.

CBS Sacramento deleted the video after a public outcry on social media from car enthusiasts and Sacramento residents but fortunately, several news viewers took it upon themselves to DVR the news, sharing that deleted segment on Facebook.

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/10/21/good-day-sacramento-feature-reporter-fired-after-damaging-auto-show-cars-on-air/

He's waaay too old to be that fucking stupid.

Gender reveal parties are never a good thing. For anybody.

Man arrested in bathroom assault case
A Fort Worth man was arrested late last week for an assault in Chico that began over the use of a gas station restroom.

mug.scharff.jpg

Dylan Amandus Scharff, 23, was arrested Friday on a first degree felony charge of injury to the elderly causes serious bodily injury. Jail records indicate he was released from jail Saturday after posting $75,000 bond.
According to the arrest affidavit, Scharff’s significant other entered the Chico Mart to use the restroom, but she found the door to the single restroom locked.

A witness told deputies she heard a man inside tell the woman, “If the door is locked, it’s in use,” and the woman replied “(expletive) you” and stormed out of the store, according to the affidavit.

A few minutes later, a man later identified as Scharff came inside and started beating on the bathroom door, using an expletive to demand the man inside come out, the witness told officers.

The older man opened the door, and Scharff said, “You are not going to talk to my old lady like that” according to the witness.

The witness said the man opened the door, and Scharff pushed the older man, who pushed back.

“The younger gentleman kicked him and he fell,” the witness said in the affidavit. “The younger gentleman hit him two times in the face before leaving the store.”

The 65-year-old victim was taken to Wise Health System in Decatur for treatment of a broken ankle and a cut on his face, according to Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin.

The victim told deputies after the initial exchange of words with the woman, the younger man confronted him at the restroom door.

“I came out and told him I never cussed his wife,” the victim told deputies of his encounter with the suspect, according to the affidavit. “I told her, if the door is locked, it means someone is in here, then (he) started cussing me stating ‘swing bitch.’ I warned him if I swing, you will die due to having military experience and hand to hand combat training. He then shoved me, so I started defending myself. He kicked me in the left ankle and punched me in the face then ran out the door.”

The next day, investigators collected surveillance video and spoke with a store employee who witnessed the altercation who pointed out the suspect and the vehicle the two were driving.

After running a license plate number and getting a name, investigators were able to find a photo on Facebook of a “Dylan Boone” who matched the description of the suspect in the case when he and his significant other were at a gender reveal party.

“Dylan Boone was wearing the same long sleeve shirt, hat and jeans as he was in the store video,” the affidavit states.

Comparing the Facebook pages for Dylan Scharff and Dylan Boone, investigators believed it was the same person.

“In less than 24 hours, our CID team had him identified, and they were able to obtain an arrest warrant,” Akin said, explaining that the offense is a first degree felony because the victim is 65 years old or older.

When officers talked to Scharff’s significant other, she said Scharff was in Oklahoma.

“He refused to cooperate with the investigators,” Akin said of Scharff.

Officers received a tip he was in the Fort Worth area, and officers set up surveillance to locate him.

Akin said investigators believe Scharff realized he was being followed, so he went to the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office where he attempted to turn himself in on the warrant. Wise County deputies took him into custody and brought him to jail early Friday morning.

At least she died doing what she loved.

Woman found dead with a python wrapped around her neck in a home with 140 snakes

(CNN)A woman was found dead yesterday with an 8-foot python snake wrapped around her neck, according to Indiana State Police.

Police say there were 140 snakes at the property on 609 North Dan Patch Drive, and that approximately 20 of the snakes belong to Laura Hurst. According to police, Hurst frequented the property "about twice a week."
The home is owned by Benton County Sheriff Donald Munson, according to property records. Munson did not return a CNN call for comment Thursday afternoon.
Munson told the Lafayette Journal & Courier that Hurst's death was a "tragic accident" and that he was "being fully cooperative with everybody."
Indiana State Police Sergeant Kim Riley told CNN that no one lives in the home and that it had been renovated and set up specifically for the collection of snakes. He said that Hurst was "apparently there checking on her snakes. For whatever reason, she apparently got the snake out and she was doing what people do with snakes."
Riley said that the snake may have caused Hurst's death and that an autopsy will be performed on Friday to provide an official cause of death.

Felony. 

Go big or go home...

A Louisiana man is facing a felony charge after driving a stolen electric-powered shopping cart from Walmart to a bar.

Brice Kendall Williams, 32, was arrested Sunday on charges of unauthorized use of a “moveable,” which is a felony, according to the Terrebone Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Williams was intoxicated when he left one bar early Sunday morning in Houma, Louisiana, an hour southwest of New Orleans, and wanted to go to a different bar, police said.

He was afraid he would get arrested for a DUI if he drove his car to the next bar, police said. So he went to a nearby Walmart and took an electric-powered shopping cart.

The local sheriff received word of the incident when someone at the bar called their office and told them that Williams had arrived in a shopping cart, which officers found parked between two cars in the bar’s parking lot.

Williams bond was set at $2,500. It was unclear if he remained in jail as of Tuesday morning