2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

I like Ruben Gallego but motherfucking astronaut and husband of Gabby Giffords is a very compelling bio. 

McSally: I WAS A FIGHTER PILOT! 

Kelly: I'VE BEEN TO SPACE! And flew combat missions in the Gulf War, bitch.

Edited by Js1

Cornyn disturbing hundreds of thousands of dependable voters/donors by cozying up to Trump as of late, becoming wildly vulnerable in the 2020 election cycle.  And the Democratic Party of Texas is considering trotting out Wendy Davis?   Wow folks, great call.   Noriega would fare better.  

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

She won't win.  But she'll force the GOP to spend money defending its fucking leader.

The crazy thing that seems to me is the continued loyalty of states to pieces of shit like almost this solely due to the fact that whoever is repping them is high ranking.

Now, in the old days, I could understand it. High-ranking incumbents would bring home the bacon, but nowadays they don't even seem to bother. The only ones who benefit are their corporate and dark money donors. I'll admit I don't follow the internal politics of Kentucky, but I can't think of any major piece of pork that's gone their way because of him.

And that particular benefit (pork barrel spending), which once dominated the airwaves when supposed fiscal conservatives criticized reckless spending, has now seemingly vanished. I'm not naive enough to think that it's been eradicated, but it may as well have been to Joe the Hillbilly. 

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

McConnell’s numbers aren’t great in KY last time I checked.  Like much worse than Trump’s overall approval numbers 

https://morningconsult.com/2018/07/25/americas-most-and-least-popular-senators-2/

McConnell probably cares more about holding the majority than his own election.

Wow, that's pretty amazing.

So, Cruz who had a 48% approval rating compared to 35% disapproval (17% don't know/no opinion) in JULY 2018 was only able to improve on that by 3 points in the general election:

Ted Cruz Incumbent50.9%

Beto O'Rourke 48.3

Neal Dikeman 0.8

Based on that alone, Beto ran an extraordinarily successful campaign in making up ground and picking up the *theoretically* potential toss-up votes.

May the trend of blue-wave sentiments and strong challenges continue into 2020.

i-wish-a-motherfucker-would-18554898.png

• Like 1

If nothing else, there are damn good candidates coming in on the Dem side. 
There is actually a way to 51 for the Dems this time. ME, AZ, CO, and NC (assuming Doug Jones is an auto-loss). Unlike in 2018, only of the underdogs has to come in to flip the chamber. 

I'd throw IA in as a winnable seat too. CO is basically a guarantee. So you need 3 of 4 in relatively different states: AZ, IA, ME, NC. Not likely, but not impossible. And if it happens, Presedential election is over before polls close on the west coast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just can’t see Beto passing up the POTUS run to  possibly lose another Texas Senate race. 

However, it would be strategic for the democrats to have Beto run for Senate and put Texas in play for the presidential along with the Senate. 

If Beto turned Texas blue in 2020 that would be the GOP death knell for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I just can’t see Beto passing up the POTUS run to  possibly lose another Texas Senate race. 

However, it would be strategic for the democrats to have Beto run for Senate and put Texas in play for the presidential along with the Senate. 

If Beto turned Texas blue in 2020 that would be the GOP death knell for the foreseeable future.

Nearly exactly what Nate said. Maybe a marginally better chance at the Senate seat (20-25% versus 15-20% for the nomination) but could slip down into the Senate race if his prez run fails (like Rubio 2016). 

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, Bama Chick said:

Well, the tweet I just posted is apparently old news already.

Kelly is already at over $1 million raised.

Ruben Gallego just bowed out of the primary.  Looks like it'll be Mark Kelly with no real opposition for the D nomination.  Unity begins now.

Let's see what nutjob primaries McSally, giving Kelly free access to spend $  and tell his story.  It'll be a repeat of the 2018 race.

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Let's get a young progressive in there. Anyone know who will be going for this seat?

Senator Deb Haaland! But probably the current AG. I think Ben Ray Lujan is next in line to be Speaker so he’s probably out. 

• 2 weeks later...

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO YOU DEAD EYED DRUNK DRIVING SOULLESS IMBECILE

If there’s one thing us Gumps hate it’s a skeevy carpetbagger from shitting Florida.

Actually, please bring your misshapen head and criminal record up this way to run against Doug Jones.

I feel certain that Rick Wilson and his bunch (who found the Roy Moore accusers and produced those very effective “Republicans for Jones” ads) would be thrilled to hop on I-10 to add another hair gelled scalp to their wall.

Wilson DESPISES Matt Gaetz.

And ole Matt has the look of a fella who trolled a food court for young gals back in the day.

Girl, I’ll be marching in the streets and knocking on doors and throwing around some of Tahoe’s “walking around money” to defeat and humiliate that pimple on the ass of humanity.

I welcome ya to Alabama, Florida Man.

• Like 1

Lolololololol

Another candidate that gives Doug Jones a fighting shot to keep his seat!!!

Bama fans fucking DESPISE Tommy Tuberville. He was a huge shit talker and all that “Fear the thumb” garbage will still make a Bama fan cuss.

Jones has done a fantastic job with constituent services, he’s not a flaming liberal - not even close, and he’s very well liked; even by the Republicans in Montgomery.

For the majority of Bama fans, their loyalty to Bama football means more to them than their loyalty to a political party.

And there’s way more Bama fans than Auburn fans.

Seriously, Tuberville running would be a fucking gift for Doug Jones.

Yeah they still hold affection for him because he beat Alabama so much and he delivered them an undefeated season - that up until Cam Newton magically appeared (cough cough) - was the best season in program history. And should have put them in the NC; they were just unlucky because it happened in 2004 when USC and Oklahoma were both also undefeated.

He was there 10 years and they parted ways the year after Saban came to Alabama.

I think it was a case of the school realizing they needed new blood and fresh energy to compete and Tuberville realizing he was already a millionaire many times over and he didn’t want to deal with competing against Saban 24/7/365 and the unrealistic expectations of AU fans.

Dear sweet baby Jesus, please run and please win the republican nomination - what a gift!