Jump to content
pearlandhorn

2019 Body Transformation Thread

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

whatever happened to the poster who would only eat 1 meal per week, either at a buffet or bbq? That didn't seem healthy to me.

is that call the 10,000 BC Caveman diet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Want to lose weight? It's a very simple equation.

Calories in < Calories burned.

Doesn't get more simple than that. But it's harder to do than going to the gym or working out. The gym is something you commit to 1 hour a day. Eating right is a 24 hour everyday commitment.

If you have a hard time sticking to a strict diet plan, tackle it in phases. Easy sensible start is to stop snacking in between meals. That alone should cut a few hundred calories. Next is to stop drinking shit with corn syrup. Actually just drink water. If you can do those two things religiously, you will probably already start losing weight. 

if you work out and burn calories, don't waste that 1 hour sweat equity by eating shit the rest of the day. That's a ginormous waste of effort.

simple but true.  i do the same workout now at 182 that i did at 250.  diet is everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

whatever happened to the poster who would only eat 1 meal per week, either at a buffet or bbq? That didn't seem healthy to me.

Al something or other. If I recall, he had some success with that extreme fasting stuff, but I think he yo-yo'd up and down a few times, which gives you a pretty good indication about it's sustainability. 

You cannot out-exercise a bad diet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, just gotta get back to being disciplined on the diet part. Weight is already where I want to be, finally hit the healthy BMI range for my height.  It was more of a whine about getting hungrier these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any recommendations for a morning protein powder that's low in sugar and cholesterol? Quarantine has caused me to regress unfortunately. 224.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 12:54 PM, HRSchenker said:

Any good workout ideas for inside the garage? Now that gyms will be closing across the state I'm fucked. I can do my cardio around the neighborhood but I don't have weights at home nor do I want to spend the money to buy a set. Burpees, push ups, sit ups, what else should I be doing? My goal is weight loss.

Can’t say enough about the onnit 6 body weight program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit 190 this week. I'll give it another week before I claim it but I'm right there. 189.4 this morning, 190.0 yesterday. My goal weight when I started this in January of 2018 was 185 and being within 5 lbs of that I can see that I'm going to have to go lower. Last time I weighed 185 was 20 years ago and I had a shit ton more muscle on my frame then. Still really flabby at that weight now. Might need to hit 170. Not complaining though, I'm wearing shirts in size L. Have to be careful with that though, the light colors show my moobs so I stick with dark colors, lol.

Keep at it ya knuckleheads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Hit 190 this week. I'll give it another week before I claim it but I'm right there. 189.4 this morning, 190.0 yesterday. My goal weight when I started this in January of 2018 was 185 and being within 5 lbs of that I can see that I'm going to have to go lower. Last time I weighed 185 was 20 years ago and I had a shit ton more muscle on my frame then. Still really flabby at that weight now. Might need to hit 170. Not complaining though, I'm wearing shirts in size L. Have to be careful with that though, the light colors show my moobs so I stick with dark colors, lol.

Keep at it ya knuckleheads!

That's been a huge struggle for me. I've thought about surgery but balk at the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

That's been a huge struggle for me. I've thought about surgery but balk at the cost.

I hear ya. @trophprolly has some thoughts on the subject. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I hear ya. @trophprolly has some thoughts on the subject. :) 

hiding tiddies is hard work.  I say support them and show them off!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, troph said:

hiding tiddies is hard work.  I say support them and show them off!  

 

Ha! I worked with a guy who came out as trans, he was so proud of his A cups once the hormones kicked in, lol. Moobs are another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Ha! I worked with a guy who came out as trans, he she was so proud of hisher A cups once the hormones kicked in, lol. Moobs are another story.

come on dude, you can do this.  y'all carry on, moobs not good, boobs good.  that's all you need to know.

Edited by troph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Any recommendations for a morning protein powder that's low in sugar and cholesterol? Quarantine has caused me to regress unfortunately. 224.5

Are you trying to lose weight? Consider ditching the protein powder in favor of bulletproof coffee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, troph said:

come on dude, you can do this.  y'all carry on, moobs not good, boobs good.  that's all you need to know.

Seems kind of an extreme way to make up for some middle age flab if ya ask me! Besides, it would mean a whole nother wardrobe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Seems kind of an extreme way to make up for some middle age flab if ya ask me! Besides, it would mean a whole nother wardrobe. 

fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Player said:

Are you trying to lose weight? Consider ditching the protein powder in favor of bulletproof coffee. 

I want to build muscle so I can lose body fat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, troph said:

fuck off.

My apologies, a poorly conceived attempt at Surly banter on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My apologies, a poorly conceived attempt at Surly banter on my part.

No prob, all good. Y’all keep fighting the good fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, HRSchenker said:

Any recommendations for a morning protein powder that's low in sugar and cholesterol? Quarantine has caused me to regress unfortunately. 224.5

Dymatize ISO 100 whey protein isolate is a pretty solid choice.  Less than one gram of sugar and 10 mg of cholesterol.  25 g of protein.

If whey doesn't agree with you and you're open to plant-based proteins, I recommend Vega Sport.  2 grams of sugar and no cholesterol.  30 g of protein.  But it's on the pricey side. 

You can find both in most HEBs (if they're ever open). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 11:58 AM, El Diablo said:

Hit 190 this week. I'll give it another week before I claim it but I'm right there. 189.4 this morning, 190.0 yesterday. My goal weight when I started this in January of 2018 was 185 and being within 5 lbs of that I can see that I'm going to have to go lower. Last time I weighed 185 was 20 years ago and I had a shit ton more muscle on my frame then. Still really flabby at that weight now. Might need to hit 170. Not complaining though, I'm wearing shirts in size L. Have to be careful with that though, the light colors show my moobs so I stick with dark colors, lol.

Keep at it ya knuckleheads!

Congrats, keep it up. Doing the work is tough but damn, it feels good fitting into the clothes you want to fit into. 

I'm about to hit my target weight, and while I don't have the flat abs/8pack/"Seriously, It's like you're photoshopped?!"  I thought I'd have at this weight, I'm happy with the work I put in. Now I'm going to work on slowly NOT cutting calories and trying to maintain the level i'm at. Using those apps to track what i eat and over the next couple weeks going to increase it from lose 2 lbs to maintain over the next 2-3 weeks. I feel like a smoker who says "i'm great at quitting, i've done it a thousand times!" I can lose the weight and have a number of times (although not to the level I'm at now) but never really been good at maintaining. My goal now is to maintain this level of eating (not dieting) and exercise through the rest of summer as practice for football season when Saturdays wreck my shit. Then correct what ever needs correcting next Feb, as soon as Super Bowl Sunday is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, HRSchenker said:

That's been a huge struggle for me. I've thought about surgery but balk at the cost.

 

On 6/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, El Diablo said:

Hit 190 this week. I'll give it another week before I claim it but I'm right there. 189.4 this morning, 190.0 yesterday. My goal weight when I started this in January of 2018 was 185 and being within 5 lbs of that I can see that I'm going to have to go lower. Last time I weighed 185 was 20 years ago and I had a shit ton more muscle on my frame then. Still really flabby at that weight now. Might need to hit 170. Not complaining though, I'm wearing shirts in size L. Have to be careful with that though, the light colors show my moobs so I stick with dark colors, lol.

Keep at it ya knuckleheads!

I'm struggling with the man tits too. Is it an age thing, a body composition thing, a gaining and losing 40 pounds thing? Seems like nothing will firm these up even when my weight is good. I used to be able just do some push ups for a couple months and I was good. Not anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

 

I'm struggling with the man tits too. Is it an age thing, a body composition thing, a gaining and losing 40 pounds thing? Seems like nothing will firm these up even when my weight is good. I used to be able just do some push ups for a couple months and I was good. Not anymore 

It's an age thing in my case. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

 

I'm struggling with the man tits too. Is it an age thing, a body composition thing, a gaining and losing 40 pounds thing? Seems like nothing will firm these up even when my weight is good. I used to be able just do some push ups for a couple months and I was good. Not anymore 

I've had them since my teens. I do pretty good wearing those tight shaping shirts but they're so tight around me and I don't like feeling like a chipotle burrito.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I went blowing past 190 this past week. Toying with 185 now. Never would have thought when I threw that number out there to my doc a couple years ago that it might actually happen. Not to mention that I had no idea how flabby I'd still be, lol. Oh well, I've gotten so accustomed to doing this Keto deal that I guess I'll just keep going until I stop losing weight. Not sure if/when that will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos, devil man. That's a long time commitment you've stuck with. I'm at 185 right now too and also am amazed at how flabby I am. Down 4 inches in waist size and 1 or 2 in shirt size, and still don't see much difference in the mirror and feel like a fat fuck.

You gym folks, is there any reason for me to not just join planet fitness when all I do is stair master and stationary bike, and a couple machine weights? I did go to LA Fitness but moved and don't have one of those. 

Really what's bugging me with not having a gym, is I can't find anything to keep my heart rate up for a workout, which seems like there should be something low impact that would accomplish this. I can't run because it's too hard on me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Kudos, devil man. That's a long time commitment you've stuck with. I'm at 185 right now too and also am amazed at how flabby I am. Down 4 inches in waist size and 1 or 2 in shirt size, and still don't see much difference in the mirror and feel like a fat fuck.

You gym folks, is there any reason for me to not just join planet fitness when all I do is stair master and stationary bike, and a couple machine weights? I did go to LA Fitness but moved and don't have one of those. 

Really what's bugging me with not having a gym, is I can't find anything to keep my heart rate up for a workout, which seems like there should be something low impact that would accomplish this. I can't run because it's too hard on me. 

 

I had a gym just around the corner for about 6 months and then it closed, probably from lack of business. It was a dump but I'm like you, I just needed the bike at the time. Was cheap and worked for me. I wish I could find similar again close by but now all I see are packed places with classes and meatheads. I thought about buying a stationary bike for the house but gotdamn, a quality one is way the fuck up there in price, prolly north of 3K. I do my walking around the neighborhood but yeah, I miss having some easy and convenient way to get the heart rate up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been to the gym since the Covid thing started.  Picked up running.  First run was on 4/2/2020, I went for a mile and had to stop twice or three times and it took me 13 minutes. Mind you, I was 188 pounds when I went the first time.  Slowly built up my stamina over the last few months and ran 4.5 miles without stopping at a 10 minute/mile pace twice this last weekend (Friday and Saturday).  Prior to that on Thursday, ran one mile in 7:40 without stopping.

Going to work my way up to a 15k and run it next March with my wife and FIL.  When the gyms start opening up again and I can brave the sick fuckers up at LA fitness, I'll lift every other day and run on the off days.  I'll be shredded by next March.

Currently at 186 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA: 24 hour fitness permanently closing 100 gyms across the country including 26 in Texas. I believe this is due to the bankruptcy announced today but perhaps they had previously announced some of the closings:

https://www.24hourfitness.com/health_clubs/club-closures/

Used to be a member a long time ago when I joined with some incredible deal but I eventually dropped as it was too crowded.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, ajax said:

This lockdown has me getting fat. There is a global shortage of kettlebells and people are selling their shit-old equipment for double the retail price of new stuff.

I finally got my hands on some kettlebells. Everyone was out of stock except this one company called PRX Performance. I ordered 5 weeks ago and they arrived! And they're way cheaper than anyone else.

This is my exercise for the day....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

PSA: 24 hour fitness permanently closing 100 gyms across the country including 26 in Texas. I believe this is due to the bankruptcy announced today but perhaps they had previously announced some of the closings:

https://www.24hourfitness.com/health_clubs/club-closures/

Used to be a member a long time ago when I joined with some incredible deal but I eventually dropped as it was too crowded.

 

Yeah, that sucks. I've been a member for so long it costs me $99 per year. At least the ones around me that are closing are the smaller gyms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I finally got my hands on some kettlebells. Everyone was out of stock except this one company called PRX Performance. I ordered 5 weeks ago and they arrived! And they're way cheaper than anyone else.
This is my exercise for the day....
 
 

I’ve been trying to match up the 3(12,16,32 kg) I have for months now with no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, HRSchenker said:

I want to build muscle so I can lose body fat. 

Test/Tren will do the trick. Make sure you got a good PCT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there really much truth to the idea that gaining muscle allows you to burn fat more? I’ve always found the best results to drop fat was 100% about diet.  Working out and putting on muscle is a great idea but I’ve just never thought it helped me with fat loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, Llano Estacado said:

Absolutely. More muscle means more calories burned even at rest. Numerous studies to support that.

But is it moving the needle on weight loss? It takes a fair amount of calories burned to drop a pound. Seems much easier to consume less calories. Nothing wrong with both but I don't think adding muscle does much in dropping fat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But is it moving the needle on weight loss? It takes a fair amount of calories burned to drop a pound. Seems much easier to consume less calories. Nothing wrong with both but I don't think adding muscle does much in dropping fat. 

Right, diet is far more important, but building more muscle does help. Focusing on diet if your aim is weight loss is the correct approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 4:30 AM, topochico said:

I have been on the home workout  for years now. Just hated driving to the gym everyday. I also need some sort of plan going in or I will just kinda futz around and not really get in a good balance workout. 

For those looking for routines at home depending on your equipment options:

AthleanX-Jeff Cavelier. He has a ton of plans from body weight only to full squat rack. Big focus on effective athletic moves and not doing stupid stuff to get hurt which is helpful for an old guy like me. I have done AX, AX2, XERO plus a few others. I am currently doing Monster Maker and have been pleased so far. 

Beachbody online: Cheap monthly streaming. Access to P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity, Tony Horton One on One routines (Dumbell and cardio routines that are pretty good if you can tolerate TH's personality), Yoga, Body Beast (a really good weight training plan if you have access to a good supply of dumbbells and a weight bench). Beachbody can be a bit annoying with their trainer personalities, but in these difficult times its hard to be picky. 
 

TRX is another good option and there are some ass kicking schedules out there that will expose just  how weak your core is while trying to press/curl etc. 

For the I don't have weights at home crowd, TRX and Athlean-X Xero could work. Here is a sample of the no body weight workout. 
 

 

Just wanted to bump this.  I've been doing this since the post and it fits to thread title perfectly. Upper/lower body becoming much stronger and more defined.  Core much stronger and defined also, but alas, the slight layer of gut fat still remains. Probably the drinking, because I'm eating very well. 

Anyway, highly recommend this intense but simple whole body, home workout.  I mix in some runs now and then and it's taken a lot of pain out of my knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to hire someone to follow me around and slap food out of my hand. Unemployment is high, shouldn’t be too expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, Mach 1 said:

Just wanted to bump this.  I've been doing this since the post and it fits to thread title perfectly. Upper/lower body becoming much stronger and more defined.  Core much stronger and defined also, but alas, the slight layer of gut fat still remains. Probably the drinking, because I'm eating very well. 

Anyway, highly recommend this intense but simple whole body, home workout.  I mix in some runs now and then and it's taken a lot of pain out of my knees.

nice!  i may have to check into that.  I just started doing ~250 push ups a week and some lightweight high rep dumbbell stuff (cause I don't have an heavy ones at the house) and it's made a decent difference in how i look and feel after 4-5 weeks.  so going to something more structured would be a good next step.

I moved from keto to low carb to low carb-ish diet and still staying around my target of 211lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to go back to the gym and be done with 95 degree runs/walls but not sure I want to risk it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...