Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

The new pup, Blue, has been very lethargic for the past few days. Have been very worried. Went to see the vet, today, and he thinks she's having some growing pains in her back legs. She's in that 14 to 15 week window where there's usually a big growth spurt. Her gait looked a little off to him. Still eats like a horse, no fever, stools are normal. Put her on some prescription wet food high in B vitamins. We'll see. She went from being Wonder Woman to being an old lady in the past few days. Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Deej said:

The new pup, Blue, has been very lethargic for the past few days. Have been very worried. Went to see the vet, today, and he thinks she's having some growing pains in her back legs. She's in that 14 to 15 week window where there's usually a big growth spurt. Her gait looked a little off to him. Still eats like a horse, no fever, stools are normal. Put her on some prescription wet food high in B vitamins. We'll see. She went from being Wonder Woman to being an old lady in the past few days. Fingers crossed.

I saw your Blue on Craigs List a couple of weeks ago and we were considering trying to get her too, but the timing isn't right yet since we are about to go on vacation.  Hope she perks back up....beautiful pup.  After our trip we'll be looking to bring a dog back into the family.  Lost both of ours summer of '16 (16 yr old lab and sick Pomeranian) and it finally feels right to start over.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:51 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

So the original owner that gave him to us asked me on Tuesday if we’d give him back because she missed him and loved him so much. Said she felt like she made a terrible decision to give him up. She took him back yesterday afternoon. The wife cried a lot. If I didn’t work with the woman I would have been a lot more of an asshole to her. 

Ended up getting him back again. Six months old now and 60 lbs.

3641627_E_FDEA_49_EB_8_FEE_2_DDC6_CA315_

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Have you flipped a paper football through the uprights yet?  My dad has a dobbie.  Great dogs.

Yep.  The first thing I did after I posted them.  Missed and hit him in the nose.  It’s always a moving target. He is a great dog.

I finally get to join the thread soon -- wife picked out a lab and we pick it up next week.

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid, and all our dogs were entertaining but poorly behaved dipshits, though it didn't matter because we lived out in the sticks  Do y'all have any good resources (books, youtube, whatever) on basic dog and owner training to start off on the right foot/paw?

I'm anticipating that the most difficult part will be to get our 13yo and 10yo boys on the same page with us, since our attempts at their human male obedience training have been largely futile.

13 hours ago, Damor said:

I finally get to join the thread soon -- wife picked out a lab and we pick it up next week.

I haven't had a dog since I was a kid, and all our dogs were entertaining but poorly behaved dipshits, though it didn't matter because we lived out in the sticks  Do y'all have any good resources (books, youtube, whatever) on basic dog and owner training to start off on the right foot/paw?

I'm anticipating that the most difficult part will be to get our 13yo and 10yo boys on the same page with us, since our attempts at their human male obedience training have been largely futile.

Look at this as an opportunity to start shitting in random parts of the house and blaming it on the dog.

• Like 1

my wife when the dog farts, inches from her:  awww poor baby, you must have digestive problems, im gonna get you your favorite organic food tomorrow

my wife when i fart, even from a different room:  THATS DISGUSTING CANT YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM OR STEP OUT ON THE BALCONY

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 52-80 said:

my wife when the dog farts, inches from her:  awww poor baby, you must have digestive problems, im gonna get you your favorite organic food tomorrow

my wife when i fart, even from a different room:  THATS DISGUSTING CANT YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM OR STEP OUT ON THE BALCONY

Maybe you should learn to fart like a dog.

Edgar has always been a really heavy chewer - took us forever to find toys he wouldn't tear up in a few minutes and that didn't give him tummy issues like those roasted bones. These water buffalo horns are his favorite toy now. They last forever -months- even though he chews on them all the time. I've even caught him sleeping on them like pillows.
6633ff47885f91f00b97f8fc0d2689a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 7/29/2018 at 4:46 PM, Dances with Dachshunds said:

Weener Hounds love the beach. The last 3 senior rescues we had also went nuts.....they didn't want to leave. 

We have already booked a 10 day trip in May to St Augustine Florida for them. I could tell Sadie was bummed today being back in the real world. I might take them swimming tonight. 

• Like 1

On the old site, I mentioned I was looking for a new boarding place for Carly because I needed a last minute Christmas reservation when our plans changed. 

A member gave me a tip about a new place, and it has been awesome. Pups & Pals Pet Lounge. We have boarded Carly exclusively there since then. The staff there is awesome, and they post pics on FB every day of all dogs playing in the yard. (or, in the case of Carly, chililng out and judging all the idiots running around.) Great for you and your family to see them when you are on vacation.

They are opening a new location in SW Austin at 290/1826 in October. They just closed on the property and are building it out. I highly recommend it.

http://www.pupsandpalspetlounge.com/

New location:

https://www.facebook.com/pupsandpalsoakhill/

59 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

She needs to pull up her left sock.

my brother had the same issue with his dachshund pup. Did the surgery and all is well.

Yeah, not looking forward to finding out the cost of that surgery.

My pup is approaching one year old, but we got Nationwide Pet Insurance for the first year.  It reimburses 90% of costs.  It is like $70 a month, but I know her spay procedure was around $600 alone.  It doesn't make sense for the long term obviously, but the first year it worked out extremely well for us.  

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

My pup is approaching one year old, but we got Nationwide Pet Insurance for the first year.  It reimburses 90% of costs.  It is like $70 a month, but I know her spay procedure was around $600 alone.  It doesn't make sense for the long term obviously, but the first year it worked out extremely well for us.  

$600 for a spay? Holy hell. I'm assuming by your username those are NYC prices. I paid less than $150.

Blue back from two days at the doggy hospital. Has a liver shunt, where a vein is directing blood flow around the liver, instead of through it. Surgery soon.

8853a59a29d37b75acfcd69847765600.jpg

One of our Corgis had a liver shunt. The dude was just miserable all of the time and rarely looked up. Got the surgery and he’s happy as hell now.