Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Great news! 

I always wonder about Biscuit because we have owls in the neighborhood. I'd like to think he'd give that owl all he could handle if any one tried some shit. 

I had a friend whose parents bred chihuahuas. One day a hawk swooped in and grabbed a puppy. They said a group of mockingbirds attacked the hawk almost instantaneously, and it dropped the dog. Minor lacerations, but the dogvwas okay, otherwise.

• Like 1

Probably found him a nice, cool spot under something and stayed there until he realized the heat wasn't going away. 
Glad he's back. Had to be stressful.

Yeah, I can’t imagine that little dude being able to make it far in this heat. One of our little dogs occasionally hides out in our fenced front yard somewhere when he doesn’t want to come in. I pretty much know every square inch of that yard from maintaining it, but I still can’t find his hiding spot. He just eventually shows up barking at the door later.

Well my little fucker showed up in the front yard a bit ago.  Sure wish he could tell us why he bolted and what he did for the last 15 hours or so.  Makes me feel kind of dumb...needless to say, no more yard alone time until he's bigger.

That is great news. Chuy is my first small dog, in her case I learned her hiding spots. I also gave up on trying to get her inside when I need to get. I call her and if she doesn't come, I go inside and count to 5, open the door and there she is. First night i had her, i canvassed the neighborhood yelling her name for an hour+, gave up, came home and she was at the front door, bitch.

RIP Lexi

Glad I"m not the only one!  One of our previous dogs was a Pomeranian and she was missing for 3 days.  Wife was about 2 miles from our house yelling her name into a wooded area.  Gave up, got back in the car and started driving home and saw her in the rear view mirror chasing after the car.  Like a movie scene or something.  Had some thorns wedged around her neck and we had to cut a bunch of hair to get all the stickers out.  Good times...

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Kmac.  She had a great life I'm sure with your family and that makes her sudden passing that much harder.

Pants Tent-wheeew, glad that story had a happy ending.  On four occasions our two got out and were gone from 10-14 hours.  The good thing that happened each time is that the big dog stayed with his smaller brother and they never left each other.  Makes his death last week that much harder to deal with for us and his brother.

Bobcats have been established and having offspring for several years in the Spring Creek greenbelt where Jack Carter Pool is, smack in the middle of residential Plano.  Originally they preyed on what had to have been a warren of rabbits in there, but they've been regularly roaming the surrounding neighborhood for a long time.  Rabbit carcasses occasionally get left in yards.  I was told about seeing a bobcat effortlessly leap on top of an 8ft fence and drop into a backyard.  Small pets are definitely vulnerable.

Still trying to get Blue's surgery organized. Now she needs to go to A&M after her CT scan showed her shunt issue is a bit more complicated. Call this morning. "The earliest we can get you in is September 18th." Damn, good thing we don't need another vet school in Texas. More depressing was the list of hotels and restaurants in CS they emailed me along with the rest of the information. 

10 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Kevin hopped up on bed and was laying on my chest didn't want to get off.  I mentioned his stubbornness to my fiancee and she said that he spent all week (while I was out of town) laying in front of the door and crying next to the bed.  He's a good puppy.

Our 7 month old Malamute will sit at the top of the stairs around the time I come home from work. He’s around 70 lbs now and definitely a stubborn little shithead.

481_B0_DE7_4_FAE_4_BB1_AE6_D_18_DAFC9242

• Like 3

Went out and played disc golf yesterday. This is Olive's favorite activity - strolling around, smelling shit, and jumping in the creek.

Btw - had my best round in a couple of years. Finished eight under. Nine birds and one bogey.8e44b81ea33830f9dfb51a58e57b9a35.jpg

2 hours ago, Nuge said:

Went out and played disc golf yesterday. This is Olive's favorite activity - strolling around, smelling shit, and jumping in the creek.

Btw - had my best round in a couple of years. Finished eight under. Nine birds and one bogey.8e44b81ea33830f9dfb51a58e57b9a35.jpg

Where are you where there is that much water?

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Summer of Nuge!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It’s been a little over a week. Kids seem to be fine. It sucks coming home without her here to greet you.

I had a black lab that would kill possum all the time. Our vet in Austin had a bunch of kittens and I spoke with the vet about getting one (for wife) but was concerned the lab would kill it. Vets response “if she kills it, come back and get another. We have plenty.” That stupid cat and lab became best friends.

I can’t stand cats. The cat is 8 and has seen 3 dogs leave us now. Crazy thing, she is definitely mourning the loss.

4 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Sadie and Dobbs has birthdays recently and they celebrated

ef5b88b16d64f6e1441ebe5638b24a8d.jpg

408475cef8f53bc571fdf604fbf9c16e.jpg

And Dobbs hates Mondays.

b0c4250ed5b30bab195e4644f3f3a3c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos of a pair of winners.  Dobbs has Mondays pegged for sure.

One of my friends had a birthday party for her dog at the dog park at pease park. She brought party hats like the triangle shaped one above. All the dogs figured out how to get them off, except for my Rottweiler. Baxter wore her hat the whole party. I had a great picture that I later lost of her sitting, staring up at the squirrels in the trees, wearing her party hat a little off to the side like she was drunk or something. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

One of my friends had a birthday party for her dog at the dog park at pease park. She brought party hats like the triangle shaped one above. All the dogs figured out how to get them off, except for my Rottweiler. Baxter wore her hat the whole party. I had a great picture that I later lost of her sitting, staring up at the squirrels in the trees, wearing her party hat a little off to the side like she was drunk or something. 

Classic Baxter

Took Luna in for her annuals where she came away with a perfect bill of health.

She was pretty cranky after all her vaccinations. She wanted to squab with every dog at the park, which isnt like her at all. Anyone else notice a change in their dogs behavior after a vet visit? 

Edited by MissingInAction

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

She was pretty cranky after all her vaccinations. She wanted to squab with every dog at the park, which isnt like her at all. Anyone else notice a change in their dogs behavior after a vet visit? 

Kevin never seems to care (but expect a treat after a shot), but they always warn that he may be a bit groggy afterwards.  And he has been more irritable with other dogs when he is tired over the course of his life.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, MissingInAction said:

never noticed this, tired, yes but thats about it

Almost 14 years ago to the day we brought Candy home under the guise that she'd be a birthday present for both my wife and son. Within a week she had adopted me, though, following me everywhere I went. She was a very smart dog who learned very quickly that she could milk me for treats by doing all the tricks I'd taught her.

We lost her earlier this morning. Holly let her out and when she went back to get her she had passed away in the back yard. She had been on heart medication for about a year so we knew the time was coming soon, but it still doesn't make it any easier.  She was my football buddy always lay in my lap while watching Horns....right up until I started yelling.  Then she'd hop off the couch and stand at the edge of the room staring at me like in the upper left of this pic until I calmed down. 

This is the second dog I've had to bury on the morning before a Longhorn game in the past two years.

Gonna miss this girl but she had a hell of a 14 1/2 year run.

Candy.jpg

20180827_163950.jpg

• Like 3