MXC & Wipeout

wood

35 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep, & it's actually very good on Wipeout, too. Wasn't Henson on MXC, or was it both guys?

No Henson

The 4 main voices:

Victor Wilson Victor Wilson ...  Vic Romano 79 episodes, 2003-2007
Christopher Darga Christopher Darga ...  Kenny Blankenship 79 episodes, 2003-2007
John Cervenka John Cervenka ...  Captain Tenneal / ... 75 episodes, 2003-2006
Mary Scheer Mary Scheer ...  Female Voices 75 episodes, 2003-2006

any yes, the MXC fucking commentary used to make me legit laugh out loud.    the writers really knew their audience...

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Man MXC was so great. I miss that show

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH, GUY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!

Used to watch it with my daughter when she was really little.  She liked watching the people fall and stuff.  I was always cracking up at Vic and Kenny's sexual innuendo in their commentary, and wishing that she'd never get old enough to understand why exactly it was so fucking funny.

• Like 1

I also loved MXC,  I'll also leave this right here (Youtube link to apparently the entire series):

Also, with respect to Wipeout, the ABC affiliate here in Dallas has been showing old episodes at 11:30 on Saturday nights. Been DVRing them for a while now.

Edited by mdleast

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, Beau Vine said:

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH, GUY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!

Used to watch it with my daughter when she was really little.  She liked watching the people fall and stuff.  I was always cracking up at Vic and Kenny's sexual innuendo in their commentary, and wishing that she'd never get old enough to understand why exactly it was so fucking funny.

Followup: When daughter was home from grad school over Christmas, we watched a little MXC.  At one point she said, "I can't believe Mom let me watch this."

• Hook 'Em 1

The red balls will never not be awesome, no matter who is narrating. Ha anyone ever gotten across all of them?

Red balls are meh compared to compressed air punches or the surprise doors swinging open when they get ko’d. Makes me think of jackass stunts a little bit. Not sure I’ve seen anybody make it across the balls tho intact

While Wipeout manufactures a more violent take down, at least you aren't risking paralysis and dysentery plunging into a dirty shallow mud pond.

That being said, not sure i will watch this latest version of Wipeout without my girlfriend Jill Wagner down on the course. She sure knows how to wear a tanktop.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, bluto said:

Are ppl still getting destroyed.... ie can I at least watch on mute?

Yeah, a little, but the commentary is just so bad. And the hilarious commentary from the old show combined so well with what was happening. That combo is what made it all work so well. It's just not even close to the same. John Cena must have made a pact with the devil or something. What a goofy, no-talent motherfucker.

4 hours ago, yoladu said:

While Wipeout manufactures a more violent take down, at least you aren't risking paralysis and dysentery plunging into a dirty shallow mud pond.

That being said, not sure i will watch this latest version of Wipeout without my girlfriend Jill Wagner down on the course. She sure knows how to wear a tanktop.

Jill is pretty got damn amazing. And funny in her own right as well. Serious droolage when she's on the screen. Unbelievable.

since somone mentioned the show is now on Amazon Prime I made myself a marg last night and watched the first 3 episodes.

it was decent nostalgia, but at least so far, its not as fucking hilarious as I remember.... 

but to be fair I wasnt drunk outta my mind watching like i did when it originally aired. 

For a fantastic demonstration of why the new Wipeout will never be anything more than a faint shadow of the original, watch Season 4, Ep. 17 Tuesday night at 1am, Hotties vs Nerds. There's also a great scene with Jill trying her best not to laugh at Shadow Wolf, the LARPing guy.