mdmost

If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

I'm gonna declare for team Dan Paul.

Are y'all upset about the mean tweets reading? That was great. 

He also got Traces of Texas a shitload of new followers. Because of combo platter Tex-Mex history. 

They have worked with each other before, but not like this. I'm interested to see where it goes. 

The concert calendar with Danny sucks. He basically picks one concert per night from somebody he likes and that’s it. He’ll play a song and they’ll talk about it, then onto the next night.

They need to do it like they did with Mike. 5 or 6 shows each night and just quick riffs on each. 

Other than that, solid week for HL 2.0. 

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

They need to do it like they did with Mike. 5 or 6 shows each night and just quick riffs on each. 

Well, that's a bit hard to do since Danny thinks everything sucks except the bands he's friends with. 

Gotta admit the new lineups weren't bad at all this week.  I'm sure they'll get better the more they're together too.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Donovan's neither funny or insightful.  He's like a less preachy Sean Adams (RIP). 

Finding Donnie funny is subjective but he's at the very least super easy-going and always down for whatever the other guys are. I wouldn't put him in my top 5 ticket personalities but I see him as a good fit, a solid role player.

Sean Adams was a "good dude" but never in a million years would've done the upper decker bit. No one from Austin sports radio would ever try any ticket style bits, or even agree to go along with them probably.

Dan and Jake was decent after that first day for the little I listed to it. Tried to give the afternoon a shot but Corby is too big of a beating. Ruined Bob completely except for one stars segment I heard. Will just have to go back and find Bob centric segments on sports and ignore the rest. 

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Gotta admit the new lineups weren't bad at all this week.

Not true at all.  You, Jr Miller and Beeper Rex are all still in the line up of this thread.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:25 PM, Junior Miller said:

Dan and Jake was decent after that first day for the little I listed to it. Tried to give the afternoon a shot but Corby is too big of a beating. Ruined Bob completely except for one stars segment I heard. Will just have to go back and find Bob centric segments on sports and ignore the rest. 

I feel like everything with Corby is hella contrived. From the way he laughs ridiculously hard at any and everything to the stories and anecdotes he obviously makes up or artificially creates, he just comes off as inauthentic to me. I hope Bob stops deferring to him as much as he did this past week. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:33 PM, cactusflinthead said:

I'm gonna declare for team Dan Paul.

Are y'all upset about the mean tweets reading? That was great. 

He also got Traces of Texas a shitload of new followers. Because of combo platter Tex-Mex history. 

They have worked with each other before, but not like this. I'm interested to see where it goes. 

i would love to see that be a reoccurring segment - even if it is just like 1x a month

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I feel like everything with Corby is hella contrived. From the way he laughs ridiculously hard at any and everything to the stories and anecdotes he obviously makes up or artificially creates, he just comes off as inauthentic to me. I hope Bob stops deferring to him as much as he did this past week. 

Hella, huh?  What are you, in Sublime?

Gordon is out sick again, I presume? I'm off today so slept in a little bit and turned on the app about 9:30, then rolled it back an hour and heard Junes say Sirois was in for Gordo.

They said he'd be back tomorrow, so I assume vacation. And, I agree, Sirois has been good. 

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gordon is out sick again, I presume? I'm off today so slept in a little bit and turned on the app about 9:30, then rolled it back an hour and heard Junes say Sirois was in for Gordo.

i thought i heard Junior say he was he was out on vacation but maybe I heard wrong

Anybody else notice Junior uses the word "weird" about 50 times a day?  If it was a drinking game, we would all be drunk by 7:00am........

12 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Who does the fake mark Cuban? Was that George?

no, gordo called in from vacation to do it.  and george always sits out the segment whenever gordon does it. 

On 2/15/2020 at 2:34 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Not true at all.  You, Jr Miller and Beeper Rex are all still in the line up of this thread.

Jesus don't compare me with those clowns.  And you're just stuck in the mud if you really think the shows weren't at least solid last week after the shock wore off.

10 years ago already since he last played for Texas. Christ, we've suck for 10 years. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

10 years ago already since he last played for Texas. Christ, we've suck for 10 years. 

I was told by Joe Tessitore in ‘15 and Sam Ehlinger in ‘19 that we were back. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I was told by Joe Tessitore in ‘15 and Sam Ehlinger in ‘19 that we were back. 

and for two brief moments in time, we were.

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

and for two brief moments in time, we were.

No we weren’t. We had a terrible coach in ‘15. And in ‘19 we played an uninspired Georgia team with an average coach that led us to 4 losses. 

Just now, futureman said:

literally fuck your own face.

I love how we act like that’s not a thing. It was evident. Those two teams play 10 times, Georgia wins 8. We got lucky. 

34 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Y'all should fuck each other's faces actually. 

With that strap-on from Se7en.

if you ever once in your life posted legitimate radio ratings from a reputable source I would let myself get pegged by rex's mother.

I love how we act like that’s not a thing. It was evident. Those two teams play 10 times, Georgia wins 8. We got lucky. 
I'm glad I didn't watch that game from your weak beta-cuck perspective. I bet the 2005 NC game was terrible for you too, instead of celebrating you were calculating how many times we would have lost if we could replay the game over and over.

2 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I'm glad I didn't watch that game from your weak beta-cuck perspective. I bet the 2005 NC game was terrible for you too, instead of celebrating you were calculating how many times we would have lost if we could replay the game over and over.

Nope, I was there and celebrated like a mofo. If those 2 teams played 10 times, we’d win 6-7 of them. 

Look, we kicked uGA’s ass and I’m glad. But teams not getting up for games is a very real thing. We took advantage. 

That 100 pt Houston Tulsa game referenced had Dr Phil playing for Tulsa. The Tulsa team was absolutely wrecked by a nasty virus and seriously considered canceling but Yeoman told Tulsa they’d cut em some slack if things got out of hand.... then they returned a punt for a td and kicked the pat to hit 100 in the waning moments.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

damn, gordo was on campus yesterday paying homage to charles whitman.

That dude has a really weird fetish for killers. Whitman, Manson, Oswald

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So Dan got Proudboy Nitkowski in the divorce. 

he just blocked you on twitter for saying this.

Not sure I’d classify mine as hate... despite being informative he’s quite uninteresting

Dan seems like he's openly pouting about the new situation.  I've always hated him though, so maybe it's just my bias.