Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

I thought illinois has some of the strictest gun laws in the country?

Almost like it's been statically shown most guns purchased are in Indiana.

Edit: Also, I agree more gun control wouldn't have solved this. But you know what would have? More vigilantes with guns shooting  anyone they think is a threat, more thoughts and prayers, Jesus in schools, spanking kids, pulling up on your bootstraps, calling people snowflakes, keeping dirty brown people in Central America while we over throw their elected presidents.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 2

Yeah I saw where two of the dead were the head of HR and a HR intern.

This seems like an actual workplace revenge shooting like used to happen in the 80s IE going postal.

But it shouldn’t matter.

This guy should have never been able to legally purchase his gun. How many times have we heard “We just have to enforce the gun laws on the books!”.

Didn’t work out here and this isn’t the first time the background check system has failed.

If fucking Netflix can keep me from resigning up with the same email I figure we’ve got technology to cross check dangerous violent people who shouldn’t be buying a gun.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, GSU&UT said:

Almost like it's been statically shown most guns purchased are in Indiana.

Edit: Also, I agree more gun control wouldn't have solved this. But you know what would have? More vigilantes with guns shooting  anyone they think is a threat, more thoughts and prayers, Jesus in schools, spanking kids, pulling up on your bootstraps, calling people snowflakes, keeping dirty brown people in Central America while we over throw their elected presidents.

You will never stop all gun violence with gun laws.  Mexico has way way stricter gun laws than the US...Im not even sure their citizens are supposed to own guns above 22 calibre.  Yet thousands of murders and untold gun violence there every year.   Creating stricter gun laws impacts the law abiding citizens.  Criminals in this country will get a gun somehow no matter what.  

Im not saying their shouldnt be background checks and stuff like we already have in place now to purchase a gun.  That does make it harder for the bad guys to get guns.  They could even add to those background checks to make them stricter and it would help...

I'm not a gun nut or anything, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in this country if it was only the criminals that had guns and you had to rely on law enforcement with a response time of like 30 minutes to come protect you and your family from a violent crime...

6 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

You will never stop all gun violence with gun laws.  Mexico has way way stricter gun laws than the US...Im not even sure their citizens are supposed to own guns above 22 calibre.  Yet thousands of murders and untold gun violence there every year.   Creating stricter gun laws impacts the law abiding citizens.  Criminals in this country will get a gun somehow no matter what.  

Im not saying their shouldnt be background checks and stuff like we already have in place now to purchase a gun.  That does make it harder for the bad guys to get guns.  They could even add to those background checks to make them stricter and it would help...

I'm not a gun nut or anything, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in this country if it was only the criminals that had guns and you had to rely on law enforcement with a response time of like 30 minutes to come protect you and your family from a violent crime...

Tell you what... let's confiscate as many guns as possible for two years and see what happens to the gun violence rate.  If it goes down, you never get your guns back.  If it goes up you can have all the guns you want, no background checks, unlimited ammo, blah blah blah.

You willing to take that bet?

9 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

You think people are coming to murder your family?  How many fucking enemies do you have?!?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Tell you what... let's confiscate as many guns as possible for two years and see what happens to the gun violence rate.  If it goes down, you never get your guns back.  If it goes up you can have all the guns you want, no background checks, unlimited ammo, blah blah blah.

You willing to take that bet?

Are you going to start with the criminals or just take away the rights of the law abiding citizens first because that is easiest for you?  Are you going to take all sharp and blunt objects too?   You going to take driving privileges as well?  Those little missiles kill a boatload of people every year...If somebody wants to harm another person, you think confiscating all their guns will stop them?  

Edited by Rockymtnhigh
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Are you going to start with the criminals or just take away the rights of the law abiding citizens first because that is easiest for you?  Are you going to take all sharp and blunt objects too?   You going to take driving privileges as well?  Those little missiles kill a boatload of people every year...If somebody wants to harm another person, you think confiscating all their guns will stop them?  

The proposal is to take away as many guns as possible for two years.  And I don't see what sharp / blunt objects and vehicles have to do with gun violence rates.

Can you read?

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The proposal is to take away as many guns as possible for two years.  And I don't see what sharp / blunt objects and vehicles have to do with gun violence rates.

Can you read?

Who do you take guns away from first? The law abiding citizens or the criminals?

On 2/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, Rockymtnhigh said:

Well we make people get a license to drive so...

15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Can you read?

The problem is you take away the rights of law abiding Citizens to punish criminals.  It doesnt work, you just punish the law abiding citizens while the criminals will still commit viokent crimes with whatever weapon they can get....  You want real gun control?  How about start with reporting everyone to the Feds that tries to purchase a gun but fails the background check whether they be in this country legally or illegally?   The Dems will never go for that though because we can't  have people illegally in the country on a list of any sort...They already proved it with the gun legislation they are trying to pass now...

Sounds serious...

"At this time there are no reported injuries and no confirmed reports of gun fire. We are continuing to investigate," police tweeted.

The county school system tweeted that police were going room by room through the Academy at Virginia Randolph in the town of Glen Allen.
"We have not received word of anyone being hurt, or located anyone who appears to be a threat," the tweet said.
Edited by 4th&Five

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Interesting, so a white guy who is Scottish, Irish, and English, but born in Australia shoots up New Zealand thinking its his land.  Now I suppose he could make a modern argument for Australia being "his" land even though Australia's current state was brought about by perhaps the 2nd greatest genocide of indigenous people of all time.   I don't see how he has a claim for New Zealand though.

Most of his problems seem to stem from the fact that he's a lazy fuck though.  I would hope an actual regular white man from a regular family actually gives a shit about education.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Jesus christ, dude apparently mentioned Candace Owens being an inspiration. YOUR HATE MONGERING HAS CONSEQUENCES, fuck every single one of you on here that has ever characterized Islam as terrorism.

They don't care.  There are a good chunk of shaggy conservatives that are happy that there are now fewer Muslims in the world even though they would never admit it and may not agree with the method.  And they'll certainly jump out of the woodwork to condemn all of Islam if there is a responsive terror attack.

I hate sharing a name with that hateful, cunty bag of skin.

Watch, she won’t say not one single word about being a goddamned inspiration for a mass fucking murderer.

And Trump will remain silent as well except for maybe a stupid tweet about thoughts and prayers that ends with an exclamation point.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And Trump will remain silent as well except for maybe a stupid tweet about thoughts and prayers that ends with an exclamation point.

He'll blame NZ gun control laws.  If only there was a good guy with a gun, and they armed mosques this could be avoided.   

The more I think about it, he's probably trying to troll on some level mentioning her and PewDiePie, but when you shoot up a mosque then it really doesn't matter if you're being sincere or not. And holy jesus at her reply, this is what the Trump led GOP is right now.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread