No charges filed in Killeen Texas unarmed shooting between neighbors.

cattail

https://www.kcentv.com/mobile/article/news/local/no-charges-filed-in-killeen-shooting-caught-on-video-bell-county-da-says/500-e5422aaa-b884-4e97-8d8c-0967d6a4aa6d

Unsure why this shooting deserved no charges. Man seems to be clearly unarmed and there seemed to be no fear of imminent death for the shooter. Plot thickens as shooter is allegedly son of KPD Officer. Killeen has always been sketchy, but wow.

Edit- video in article

33 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

That's murder. But when a dude is pointing a loaded gun at you, walk the fuck away, dumbass.

If that's me: I'm moving backwards, and with my hands high in the air saying I'm gone, no problems I'm gone....  What did that guy think was gonna happen ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

backwards, and with your hands high in the air saying I'm gone, no problems I'm gone....  What did that guy think was gonna happen ?

You didn't watch the video, did you? The deceased circled the man with the gun pointed at him for more than 90 seconds, obviously arguing, obviously angry, waving his hands and pointing them at the guy. He had a thousand chances to get out of that without getting blasted. This is peak Darwinism.

But it's still murder and the son of the police offers showed the same level of restraint we've come to expect out of our LEOs today.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You didn't watch the video, did you? The deceased circled the man with the gun pointed at him for more than 90 seconds, obviously arguing, obviously angry, waving his hands and pointing them at the guy. He had a thousand chances to get out of that without getting blasted. This is peak Darwinism.

But it's still murder and the son of the police offers showed the same level of restraint we've come to expect out of our LEOs today.  

Damn, my thoughts exactly. The deceased at several points even seemed to be trying to close the distance between himself and the shooter.  Stupid as hell? Yes, but still murder.

15 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I did watch it,  and yeah he kept coming at the guy with the gun.  That was my point, The gun comes on the scene, my hands are up, and I'm backing away, not closing the distance as the guy in the video did.  DISCLAIMER:  I cannot imagine any scenario where I'm going to end up, let alone get into a scenario, where a gun is gonna make an appearance..

• Like 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I did watch it,  and yeah he kept coming at the guy with the gun.  That was my point, The gun comes on the scene, my hands are up, and I'm backing away, not closing the distance as the guy in the video did.  DISCLAIMER:  I cannot imagine any scenario where I'm going to end up, let alone get into a scenario, where a gun is gonna make an appearance..

Gotcha. I thought you were saying the dude who got shot was backing away with his hands up.

He did have his hands up - when he wasn't hysterically waving them at the dude with the gun pointed at his face. 

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The gun comes on the scene, my hands are up, and I'm backing away, not closing the distance as the guy in the video did.

And you call 911, the guy either leaves or is arrested for pulling a gun.

Keep in mind that this same DA, less than 2 months ago, in front of the same grand jury...

had a Temple P.O testify under oath, while on paid leave, due to him being investigated for felony criminal conduct.  I can’t speak to what that conduct might be.  However, I can tell you that he is not allowed on TPD property and currently has an injunction prohibiting ANY communication, or contact with any of his minor children.

They give no fucks.

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Gotcha. I thought you were saying the dude who got shot was backing away with his hands up.

He did have his hands up - when he wasn't hysterically waving them at the dude with the gun pointed at his face. 

Yeah just went back and re read my post, it wasn't clear at all. I edited it to reflect the clear point that I'm backing away, slowly, and meekly with my hands in the air....

Apparently the neighbor with the gun stabbed the victim's dog to death. I have no idea what the backstory was there, but it could be that he wasn't interested in taking any more shit either way, gun or no gun.

To his misfortune, he was right. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Apparently the neighbor with the gun stabbed the victim's dog to death. I have no idea what the backstory was there, but it could be that he wasn't interested in taking any more shit either way, gun or no gun.

Holy crap. He had a darned good idea he was dealing with a psycho.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Never go full John Wick.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Wonder if he was trying to lay that threat down on the shooter  ?

• Like 1

that was straight up South Park "i'ts coming right at us!!1!" defense/murder.

Cold blooded shit right there.  Seems the shooter got exactly the outcome he wanted, but did not get the bum rush needed to 'fear for his life" first.  So he just said fuck it, I have rez at Applebees in 30 minutes and pulled the trigger.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If the victim has any other family, they should steer clear of this asshole.  He's killed a dog and the dog's owner and is still out on the street.  He might take out the rest of the family and still get no-billed by the DA.

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

If the victim has any other family, they should steer clear of this asshole.  He's killed a dog and the dog's owner and is still out on the street.  He might take out the rest of the family and still get no-billed by the DA.

Or -- and here's the thing -- when the rule of law UTTERLY fails, people resort to the rule of the gun.

How many people do you know, that if THEIR child was murdered in cold blood on video, and the killer (who has connections in the law enforcement community) WALKED.....would take matters into their own hands?

The shooter should probably sleep with one eye open.  For the rest of his life.  Seriously, cases like this are WHY enforcing the law matters.  If you don't, and you tell people "rule of the gun is the only rule that matters," they start to take you up on it.

• Like 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Or -- and here's the thing -- when the rule of law UTTERLY fails, people resort to the rule of the gun.

How many people do you know, that if THEIR child was murdered in cold blood on video, and the killer (who has connections in the law enforcement community) WALKED.....would take matters into their own hands?

The shooter should probably sleep with one eye open.  For the rest of his life.  Seriously, cases like this are WHY enforcing the law matters.  If you don't, and you tell people "rule of the gun is the only rule that matters," they start to take you up on it.

I'm not saying I'd kill the guy, but I'd sure spend a lot of time thinking about the perfect murder.

There’s probably fewer than you think. Gang members on the other hand, wouldn’t surprise me to do something like that.

22 hours ago, scottsins said:

Keep in mind that this same DA, less than 2 months ago, in front of the same grand jury...

had a Temple P.O testify under oath, while on paid leave, due to him being investigated for felony criminal conduct.  I can’t speak to what that conduct might be.  However, I can tell you that he is not allowed on TPD property and currently has an injunction prohibiting ANY communication, or contact with any of his minor children.

They give no fucks.

Is that the one who was indicted this week for child pron?

Damn. That guy was stupid.

It is clearly an intentional homicide, a/k/a murder, for which probable cause exists. But it is at least a jury question on the applicability of self defense based on that video. I'm sure there is more to the story than the media failed to report, or got wrong.

If this is accurate, sure looks like fucking murder to me...

Dude is unarmed and walking home, you somehow get into an argument with him as you pass by in your pickup, then jump out of the pickup with a rifle and follow the guy around with it trained on the guy til you shoot him. How in the actual fuck is that not murder?

According to Shelley's family, Shelley was walking home when he got into an argument with his neighbor over Shelley's family dog. The family claims Shelley's neighbor stabbed the dog a few weeks earlier. At some point during the argument, the shooter jumped out of his truck with a gun. 

2 hours ago, scottsins said:

Fuck your cloak room race-adjacent troll post.

Hey man. I'm flattered you would quote me, but you were on the wrong thread. Here's the link to the one you meant. Be nice to Black Frank. He has not been the same since the Houston Race Shooting Hoax. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’m still trying to see - in either video - where the deceased “had his hands up,” as described by the reporterette.

He said "hands up don't shoot." At least according to the twitter. LOL.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1