Fun thread: your video game experience in college

markstanco

Bunch of fucking whippersnappers. Video games in college? Sheeit.

Uh, drop the deck, Taylor Hall computer center. Wanna see an engineering student cry? Drop their deck. Bbbbbbwwwwaaahahahaha.

Uh, no I don't know anything about computers, BEB computer center. And drop the deck and make the future middle manager cry.
Bbbbbbwwwwjahahahahaha.

Battlezone, ACC cafeteria across the hall from ACC computer center. While waiting for compiles and job runs to finish. Got damn good at it. Secret is to back up while firing. Tanks appear facing forward, you back up past them rotate and fire. They can't spin fast enough to get a bead on you before you blast em.

Quarter detected in pocket. Can't remeber the name of the game but you shot robots. Intruder alert! Played it at the little snack bar in Fountain Park Plaza.

In high school played the very first video game ever. No it wasn't Pong. Spacewar! On a minicomputer at Esso Production Research on Buffalo Speedway in Houston. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!

It hooked me into persuing a computer career.

Oh and Pong table version at The Bucket.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

98-02.

Early: lots of Kart64, Quake, and what I consider to be the single best game I have ever played...Ocarina of Time, fuck water temple.

Late: my two roommates and I played Team Fortress Classic endlessly. My primary class was Medic and I’d just conc jump myself + leverage the good mix of speed/grenades to get that flag. I’d play best tripping shrooms, each encounter with the enemy became my own personal quest where I felt I was reading their mind...rack up like a 20-1 kill ratio as a soldier.

After school it was Wii city. Kart Double Dash was my jam, something about the cooperative two player was just a blast. Never really played Wind Waker but Sports Resort ping pong, the Tanks game on WiiPpay and Smash Brothers Brawl were on all the time.

Now I’ve got two young kids that was all she wrote.

• 2 weeks later...

Goldeneye

Mario Kart 64

NFL Blitz 2000

The later was probably the one people played the most freshman year.  There were plenty of good Goldeneye and Mario Kart players on our floor, but those that dominated in Blitz seemed to have the biggest bragging rights.  

NCAA, Madden 98-01. 

i owned a N64, playstation with all of the usuals like Golden Eye.

i was also one of the top players in the world at Quake. Quake was the original online shooter similar to Overwatch and Fortnight and other games. Unfortunately, this was before there were pro gaming leagues like there are today. I did play with the first guy to ever win the first major tournament. He won a Ferrari and it was the first time anyone had done any kind of video game competition at that money level, and it was for Quake. Had I been born 20 years later I would probably be sponsored and walking around like I owned the world. Probably with a douchie youtube channel. Instead I just film myself throwing passes in a field near my van.

/CSB?

also.. fun fact. Vertigo was one of my Quake gamer handles.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2