Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm well aware of the apparent flip in interest from Jackson, but have I missed any reports or speculation about WHAT changed to make Jackson circle back on us? He was showing more interest before the visit this past weekend, correct? Has anyone heard why, or is it just being worked by Connor and Milroe?

Milroe and Connor are doing work, that's for sure. That's probably more than enough because that's a lifetime for these dudes. I don't know about Jackson, but he's probably one of the players that was on the recruit group snap that was mocking the differences in S&C results at Texas vs. almost everyone else (specifically aggy).

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm well aware of the apparent flip in interest from Jackson, but have I missed any reports or speculation about WHAT changed to make Jackson circle back on us? He was showing more interest before the visit this past weekend, correct? Has anyone heard why, or is it just being worked by Connor and Milroe?

Specific reasons? He’s supposedly a Texas type of kid, meaning he’s high on education and his personality and family fits the type of kid who’d consider going to Texas even if it weren’t for athletics. Herb hand. Milroe and Conner. Texas trending up. Offensive line play looking good. Etc. 

Some have thought for awhile now that Texas was the leader in a vacuum, although schools like Stanford and Michigan were threats. 

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Perroni's current info is that everyone commits to Jimbo.  It's what he dreams about every night.  You expect more current info than that?

Yeah, Perroni has been wrong for about 3 months straight now on Texas kids. Remember this is the class Perroni claimed would be #1 for aggy. He was off by 100 miles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, golfclap said:

Milroe and Connor are doing work, that's for sure. That's probably more than enough because that's a lifetime for these dudes. I don't know about Jackson, but he's probably one of the players that was on the recruit group snap that was mocking the differences in S&C results at Texas vs. almost everyone else (specifically aggy).

Do we know who all is in this recruiting chat that was laughing at Schmidt's S&C program?

33 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Do we know who all is in this recruiting chat that was laughing at Schmidt's S&C program?

2021, at a minimum

22 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Wasn't this another Surly post-pool party fabrication?

Actually, no. I don't know that much about the chat threads with recruiting groups, but they're out there and they clown coaching staffs all of the time. The "Ritz Bit" ... bit is allegedly a real thing with the group comedian apparently being my favorite recruit of all time, Tunmise Ayodeleayodeleayodelehehooo.

2021 is not going to be a good year for ATM recruiting. They're going to have to buy up aggressively with whoever has their hand out and then keep shopping out of state. The bad news for them is that the OL class of 2021 is clean, as is much of the Houston talent in that cycle. We'll see, as the zen master says, but that's how it looks from this far out.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Actually, no. I don't know that much about the chat threads with recruiting groups, but they're out there and they clown coaching staffs all of the time. The "Ritz Bit" ... bit is allegedly a real thing with the group comedian apparently being my favorite recruit of all time, Tunmise Ayodeleayodeleayodelehehooo.

2021 is not going to be a good year for ATM recruiting. They're going to have to buy up aggressively with whoever has their hand out and then keep shopping out of state. The bad news for them is that the OL class of 2021 is clean, as is much of the Houston talent in that cycle. We'll see, as the zen master says, but that's how it looks from this far out.

Well, that's fucking incredible. 

I thought Ritz Bit was a SydneyCarton creation, but the fact that it was spelled correctly should've been a tip-off.  Speaking of which, bragging about defeating that walking typographical error in Scrabble is like an arky fan bragging about getting pussy.  "Well, yeah, it was my cousin, and yeah she weighs 400 pounds, and I guess she has a gangrenous labia, but doesn't matter had sex!"

• Like 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

I thought Ritz Bit was a SydneyCarton creation, but the fact that it was spelled correctly should've been a tip-off.  Speaking of which, bragging about defeating that walking typographical error in Scrabble is like an arky fan bragging about getting pussy.  "Well, yeah, it was my cousin, and yeah she weighs 400 pounds, and I guess she has a gangrenous labia, but doesn't matter had sex!"

Think it was @Huckleberry, so if it's true that they're using that term in the group text, at least one of them is frequenting surly unless it made its way to a different messageboard or social media

26 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You know gifs aren't a thing in Scrabble, right? It's hard not to believe that you'd be facing an almost straight uphill climb in that game as well.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You know gifs aren't a thing in Scrabble, right? It's hard not to believe that you'd be facing an almost straight uphill climb in that game as well.

Well, I won the county spelling bee when I was in 5th grade and was three seats away from going to the Scripps-Howard National Spelling Bee, so you can suck my lexicographical balls.

Misspelled flagellum, because what kind of fucking 5th grader has ever heard of flagellum yet?

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

pretty sure it was always offered up on Surly as having come from a recruiting text.

Yup. 

Yup--and I remembered it being presented that way, although given the other hyperboles being bandied at that time, I assumed it was another well-crafted hoax.  So glad to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Well, I won the county spelling bee when I was in 5th grade and was three seats away from going to the Scripps-Howard National Spelling Bee, so you can suck my lexicographical balls.

Misspelled flagellum, because what kind of fucking 5th grader has ever heard of flagellum yet?

Katfid is Indian confirmed

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

We're all very proud of your accomplishments, fatkid. Now we know you've got The Great Tri-County Bake Off & Pie Eat championship under your belt, and we can add the 5th grade spelling bee title to the trophy case. You're definitely taking down the aggies in overall title count, that's for sure.

29 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yup--and I remembered it being presented that way, although given the other hyperboles being bandied at that time, I assumed it was another well-crafted hoax.  So glad to be wrong.

I think that's what it was. If it's true that they're using that in a group text, they got it from here or elsewhere 

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

So who would we say aggy actually leads for right now for this class?  Burris and who?  Fatherlee and Cullen Montgomery? Stowers teammate Liggins?

No idea, but they’ll land 1-3 guys who we really want, it’ll kind of be annoying at the time, and then we’ll mostly forget about it 

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So who would we say aggy actually leads for right now for this class?  Burris and who?  Fatherlee and Cullen Montgomery? Stowers teammate Liggins?

Burris. I didn't know of the Fatheree connection to Texas. His parents were both tweeting pics from the LSU game including pictures with Quan Cosby who is apparently an old friend. So I wouldn't say aggy leads, no...

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Burris. I didn't know of the Fatheree connection to Texas. His parents were both tweeting pics from the LSU game including pictures with Quan Cosby who is apparently an old friend. So I wouldn't say aggy leads, no...

They lead because it doesn’t appear we’re recruiting him very hard and he’s down on our board.