Jump to content
Jograves

Joaquin Phoenix as Joker

Recommended Posts

On 8/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

One more reason to be pants shitting afraid of clowns...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

The more I think about it, the more stunned I am that there's never been an adaptation of the original "The Man Who Laughs". Hell, every version of Joker that's ever been owes a debt to Victor Hugo, and yet nobody talks about it.

I for one am excited about this reinterpretation if for no other reason than a lot of the source material is getting re-referenced in a new context. It's hard to argue that Heath Leger is anything other than "the best Joker" but that doesn't mean the story is now static. It can be reinvented any damned way a filmmaker pleases, and so long as they do it well, I have no objection.

paul leni says "say what?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 4:34 PM, ajax said:

The first couple of reviews I saw are absolutely raving about it.

However, a little bit of a controversy is brewing because some twitter users did some research and shockingly discovered that this movie centers on a white man.

EDH3-RRr-Ww-AAp-TGS.jpg

 

 

Guess theres only one thing left to do

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

well, to be fair, the film is based on victor hugo's novel.

i was under the impression that was what walden was referring to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sidis said:

i was under the impression that was what walden was referring to...

ah, i see what you meant.

i read his post as meaning another, more modern adaption. my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Won the top prize at the Venice Film Festival.  

Everyone shows up in boats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Won the top prize at the Venice Film Festival.  

Impressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads up, just got this email at work.

 

Quote

Posts on social media have made reference to involuntary celibate (“incel”) 
extremists replicating the 2012 theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado, at 
screenings of the Joker movie at nationwide theaters.  This presents a 
potential risk to DOD personnel and family members, though there are no known 
specific credible threats to the opening of the Joker on 4 October.

Incels are individuals who express frustration from perceived disadvantages to 
starting intimate relationships.  Incel extremists idolize violent individuals 
like the Aurora movie theater shooter.  They also idolize the Joker character, 
the violent clown from the Batman series, admiring his depiction as a man who 
must pretend to be happy, but eventually fights back against his bullies.

When entering theaters, identify two escape routes, remain aware of your 
surroundings, and remember the phrase “run, hide, fight.”  Run if you can.  If 
you're stuck, hide (also referred to as "sheltering in place"), and stay 
quiet.  If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good viral marketing on the part of WB.

This was a safety awareness notice from a DoD command group.  Not something they just throw around.    It could be someone's secretary got spun up on facebook, but since it came out of the offical MACOM channel Im sure it got vetted before release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

This was a safety awareness notice from a DoD command group.  Not something they just throw around.    It could be someone's secretary got spun up on facebook, but since it came out of the offical MACOM channel Im sure it got vetted before release.

I was joking - this has been a thing with the military for a while - the Air Force was warning folks around their bases a while back.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2019/06/21/air-force-cautions-troops-to-beware-of-sexless-involuntary-celibates/

Quote

A safety brief analyzing security concerns at one military installation offered up an eccentric example of a potential hazard when instructors warned airmen in attendance of the growing threat of incels, or involuntary celibates.

The online-based community of introverted, sexless individuals that may have started decades ago as an innocuous attempt at achieving a sense of belonging has, in recent years, become a label for a more aggressive sect of repugnant men who cast the entirety of the blame for their coitus-free existence onto women.

This scorn has manifested in the form of heinous misogyny shared over online message boards, and in a handful of cases, escalated into deadly violence.

Quote

Increased discussion in “extremist connections and attacks” from incels is cited in the brief along with other incel character traits, such as maintaining the belief that they are “owed attention from ‘Beckys.'”

“The content of this briefing was based upon law enforcement as well as public sources and was used to inform both military commanders and law enforcement personnel about a very real threat to military members and civilians," Master Sgt. Jake Richmond, spokesman for Joint Base Andrews, told Military Times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking incels.

I can't think of subculture group that I have more disdain for.  Bunch of fucking pussy suburban white boys mad because they can't fucking get laid.

How about this losers - man the fuck up, quit being fucking weird-os and learn how to talk to women.  You don't have to be goddamn Brad Pitt to get laid... you just have to know how to talk to (and listen to) women. 

There are unlimited resources out there to learn how to do this... unlike when I was growing up and you had to ask your older brother or friends, lol.

Get the fuck out of the basement, get off your screens and get some pussy, for fuck's sake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

You don't have to be goddamn Brad Pitt to get laid... you just have to know how to talk to (and listen to) women. 

I could use a course...  Listen to them ?!  LISTEN TO THEM ??!! Holy jeebus man !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Fucking incels.

I can't think of subculture group that I have more disdain for.  Bunch of fucking pussy suburban white boys mad because they can't fucking get laid.

How about this losers - man the fuck up, quit being fucking weird-os and learn how to talk to women.  You don't have to be goddamn Brad Pitt to get laid... you just have to know how to talk to (and listen to) women. 

There are unlimited resources out there to learn how to do this... unlike when I was growing up and you had to ask your older brother or friends, lol.

Get the fuck out of the basement, get off your screens and get some pussy, for fuck's sake.

All of this.   Of all of the people I've seen in this group, whether self-identified or labeled by others as incels, none of them needed to be forklifted out of the side of a house.  They were all capable of getting laid, but they've somehow got it in their heads that they deserve to be banging 6s and 7s instead of 3s and 4s.

Thing is - they've got internet porn.  I had to resort to porn mags left by the porn fairy in various locations (closets of friends' parents, the woods, in the false ceiling of school bathrooms, etc.).  Even if they aren't getting laid by real women, they have internet porn.

I don't see them doing shit at any of these screenings though - too many chances of hitting their buddies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All of this.   Of all of the people I've seen in this group, whether self-identified or labeled by others as incels, none of them needed to be forklifted out of the side of a house.  They were all capable of getting laid, but they've somehow got it in their heads that they deserve to be banging 6s and 7s instead of 3s and 4s.

Yeah what these dumb-dumbs don't get is that getting laid begets getting laid.

Bang a few 3s and 4s and all of a sudden you have confidence around women.  And confidence is what (helps) get the 6s or 7s.  Yeah, you can't look like a fat disgusting troll, but I've seen SOOO many average looking dudes pull amazing trim over the years purely based on (a) confidence and (b) knowing how to talk to women. 

Those are LEARNED skills that you can master with practice.  But instead these pathetic fucks would rather spend all of their time on incel message boards complaining about how Mary Jane down the street is such a fucking bitch because she doesn't just automatically fall over in front of them with her legs in the air.

Edited by oSuJeff97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Fucking incels.

I can't think of subculture group that I have more disdain for.  Bunch of fucking pussy suburban white boys mad because they can't fucking get laid.

How about this losers - man the fuck up, quit being fucking weird-os and learn how to talk to women.  You don't have to be goddamn Brad Pitt to get laid... you just have to know how to talk to (and listen to) women. 

There are unlimited resources out there to learn how to do this... unlike when I was growing up and you had to ask your older brother or friends, lol.

Get the fuck out of the basement, get off your screens and get some pussy, for fuck's sake.

 

One simple rule: go ugly early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah what these dumb-dumbs don't get is that getting laid begets getting laid.

Bang a few 3s and 4s and all of a sudden you have confidence around women.  And confidence is what (helps) get the 6s or 7s.  Yeah, you can't look like a fat disgusting troll, but I've seen SOOO many average looking dudes pull amazing trim over the years purely based on (a) confidence and (b) knowing how to talk to women. 

Those are LEARNED skills that you can master with practice.  But instead these pathetic fucks would rather spend all of their time on incel message boards complaining about how Mary Jane down the street is such a fucking bitch because she doesn't just automatically fall over in front of them with her legs in the air.

Slumpbusters are real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slumpbusters are real. 

Hypothesis: the ubiquity of internet porn has created a descending spiral of losers who 1) have unrealistic expectations about the availability of attractive women, and 2) wildly unrealistic expectations about how willing women are to have sex, and 3) even more wildly unrealistic expectations about what women will do during a sexual encounter.
In short, these guys expect a world full of 8-10s who fuck on the first date and want you to ream their ass and cum on their face, grateful for it all.
Truth: most guys are average, they will end up having sex with average women, they’ll have to work at it a bit to score, and women generally want to be treated with respect during sex - not that many won’t do edgy stuff, but it usually takes time and trust to get there.
Conclusion: there is no cure for this, incels are a plague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just saying, you take one well below whatever ridiculous standard you've set for yourself, and things may suddenly get better. A lot of those on the low end of the scale are pretty good at fucking and will do things those 9's and 10's won't. Once they get that aura of celibacy off themselves, they might be surprised at what they can pull.

"I can't afford a Ferrari. I'll be damned if I drive a Kia. I'll just stay in my parent's basement."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm just saying, you take one well below whatever ridiculous standard you've set for yourself, and things may suddenly get better. A lot of those on the low end of the scale are pretty good at fucking and will do things those 9's and 10's won't. Once they get that aura of celibacy off themselves, they might be surprised at what they can pull.
"I can't afford a Ferrari. I'll be damned if I drive a Kia. I'll just stay in my parent's basement."
 

Absolutely. But they are stuck in an irrational world where it’s beneath them to be with anything less than a 9 who wants you to bukkake her daily while she begs for it. And they refuse to “lower their standards.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is that any women who sleeps with them is probably lowering their standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, we've always had incels but in the past they've realized the only way to getting what they want is to focus like mad for decades on something they are good at and get rich and then buy it. Now you've got millennial's who are entitled and won't work to purchase it and just want it handed out.

The Joker movie looks rad to me but I can see some of the pushback that people are giving it by basically making incels and maginalized folks sympathetic and romanticizing violence because you are a weirdo and feel depressed, alone and invisible. It's pretty on the nose actually and to laud the performances in cinema is one thing but we should be mindful to victims of these loner white crazy people feel about romanticizing them. That said, being mindful doesn't mean you can't go and enjoy a tour de force by Joaquin Phoenix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if I just wanna put on some clown makeup and kill people?

Because joker.

All joking aside , this looks to be amazing..

Edited by MissingInAction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s with all the virgin talk in here? Sounds like these fucking nerds need to get on tinder or bumble or something. I mean even @Blanton had success on there.

 

Anyways, this movie looks fucking awesome. Been dying for a small budget character study like this now that we’ve seen all the explosions and whatnot from the avengers and whatever that crap you want to call the justice league is. Just a nice little story of a dude who goes insane and becomes the joker. Such a breath of fresh air after the last 2 avengers and the Batman v Superman shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know when HEAT came out and watched it 100 times or 4, I never was inclined to go buy a mask, heavy weapons gear, and go start robbing banks.

Why, you might ask?

 

Because it is a fucking movie, people.

 

These fucking clowns(sic) caught up in the morality of this depiction need to get a life.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iceman said:

You know when HEAT came out and watched it 100 times or 4, I never was inclined to go buy a mask, heavy weapons gear, and go start robbing banks.

Why, you might ask?

Because 4chan and reddit didn't exist, and usenet and BBSes weren't near-instant feedback loops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Anyways, this movie looks fucking awesome. Been dying for a small budget character study like this now that we’ve seen all the explosions and whatnot from the avengers and whatever that crap you want to call the justice league is. Just a nice little story of a dude who goes insane and becomes the joker. Such a breath of fresh air after the last 2 avengers and the Batman v Superman shit. 

Justice League lost WB around $60 million dollars on a budget of $300 million (needed to make around $750 million to break even).

Joker has a budget of around $55 - 60 million, with a proven director and cast.

In the first weekend or two, Joker will make more of a profit than Justice League did.

That's where the DC Universe is at (not the DCEU - Joker's not a part of that).  Actually, they should just bring Joaquin Phoenix's Joker into the DCEU.  Would make it far more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are we sure the incel theme is relevant in this movie?  looking at the previews, seems like he may have some success with that hot black chick from deadpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidis said:

are we sure the incel theme is relevant in this movie?  looking at the previews, seems like he may have some success with that hot black chick from deadpool.

What do you think is gonna trigger them?

This is gonna be a good movie, the reviews are solid, the cast is solid, and the King of Comedy tie-ins are awesome.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
are we sure the incel theme is relevant in this movie?  looking at the previews, seems like he may have some success with that hot black chick from deadpool.


Also, seems to be an actual victim, as opposed to an imagined one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Brisketexan said:

 a world full of 8-10s who fuck on the first date and want you to ream their ass and cum on their face, grateful for it all.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...