Andrew Beck

Machinator

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, NowThis said:

the 2018 horns really had some nice NFL talent, maybe marginal, but still it's real. I knew Beck was pro material with his size and good hands, especially good blocker. But why the 63? 

Fair question. He's listed as a TE, though, even with that being his number. Brian Schwenke is also listed as number 63. And they have several in the 40s available, which is where a TE ought to be if he's not in the 80s... so who knows. He'll probably change numbers by preseason if he's still on the roster.

I think the Patriots assign rookies and free agents sequential numbers during training camp. Basically, you don’t get your “real” number until you make the team. NFL rules say that TEs have to have a number in the 80s or 40s so it would have to change eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honestly surprised. He'll definitely catch onto a practice squad.

You’re surprised Beck didn’t make the 53? Seriously? 

I feel like Longhorn fans have really started to overrate Beck somehow. He’s not actually that good of a blocker and he doesn’t offer much else. There’s a ton of fullbacks that are unsigned right now with a better combo of blocking and receiving skills. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I feel like Longhorn fans have really started to overrate Beck somehow. He’s not actually that good of a blocker and he doesn’t offer much else. There’s a ton of fullbacks that are unsigned right now with a better combo of blocking and receiving skills. 

Not because he blew us away, but because they paid him so much to come, I figured they'd seen something they like. 

Also Belichick loves his random lunchpail white dudes alittleracist.gif

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not because he blew us away, but because they paid him so much to come, I figured they'd seen something they like. 

Also Belichick loves his random lunchpail white dudes alittleracist.gif

Late round draft picks get cut all the time. Regardless of his signing bonus, the combo of not being drafted and a guy like Devlin already on the roster meant he had extremely low odds of making the 53. 

There aren’t a ton of fullbacks in the game anymore. Hbacks tho, is er where.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...