The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Definitely an upgrade over what comes in the Standards, which I think are ceramic. Alnico 5 magnets, which to me, tend to sound punchier. I believe those are the pups used in the Jimmy Vaughan Strat.

Yeah, I found one similar to those Jimmy Vaughn's I'm thinking of buying.  Just need to check the condition.

Edited by TexasEd

46 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Only $45k? Guess I’ll head on over to Guitar Center over lunch and buy two.

No I won’t. Because that’s fucking crazy.

30 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I don't get it either.

its serial number is 1 I think that's why but yeah fuck that for 45k

2 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

its serial number is 1 I think that's why but yeah fuck that for 45k

Good

This product is completely functional and shows some signs of use. It may have surface scratches and/or dings and dents.

Think they'd throw in a set up?

Tuesday pron. Happy Birthday Junior Brown! Here are some lap steels that are amazeballs. 

Junior Brown and his "guit-steel" in Houston last month. Photo by yours truly. (BTW those amps are silverface twins outfitted with JBL speakers. Needless to say, I sustained a bit of temporary hearing loss as a result of this show).

Epy5f5RQ_o.jpg

David Gilmour's red Jedson lap steel. According to gimourish, "The lap steels are straight clones of the Fender Deluxe table/lap steel with six strings, volume and tone knob and two custom single coil pickups." Used on every Floyd tour from 1974-75 through the Division Bell tour, and also some during his solo On An Island tour.

davidsgear_slide_jedsonred.jpg

Crank up your computer's volume for this flawless brilliance.

Late 1950's or Early 1960's Fender T8 (I know, not a lap steel technically). This motherfucker is in MINT condition. 

12047_fender_triple_neck_2012_005_1.jpg

1920's Weissenborn Kona Style Hawaiian lap steel

jzc1tjlnzdipkbybevcu.jpg

1960 Gibson Century in salmon pink. The mid century modern aesthetic looks great IMO. Gibson should make a line of Les Pauls inspired by 1960's .

p8tvei39myo3ztpkgden.jpg

Current Duesenberg Fairytale in goldburst. This here's your Cadillac. Solid mahogany. Multibender setup where you can mount up to six levers - one for each string. Integrated capo that you can adjust up and down the neck. 

dls-ft_stage.png?itok=RqEZ7T3_

dls-ft_0.jpg

fairy_galerie_2.jpg

Current Gretsch Electromatic Lap Steel. VERY affordable at $350.00 brand new.

511566000014000-00-500x500.jpg

Got a few hours, some spare electronic parts, and a tool shed? You got a lap steel, bro.

2x4header.jpg

Still too hi-tech for you? Try what Jack White did in "It Might Get Loud."

2e5da9259cbd9c96b060c03cff5e5f34.jpg

• Like 3

Well, HVAC dude came back today to inspect the new systems.  I told him, "When you started telling me the guitars you owned, I knew you were holding out, so I looked you up".  He just started laughing.  That is his wife on the bass, but his daughter also plays bass.  She usually plays that little Mustang short scale but also owns a P bass.  

He said the real musician in his family is his son-in-law.   He owns a 1938 D-28 and a Paul Shippey Mandolin among other goodies.  

Dude also told me he really likes Waterloo guitars, though it really isn't a bluegrass instrument.  I may put in another cooling system soon, just so he will come back and talk some more.  

Edited by hullabelew

7 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Maybe with a dark fretboard. But I don’t like it with the maple.

No man. Maple fretboard all the way. Rosewood has that open pore feel that I can't get around. I would get a maple neck on a LP if it didn't look so awkward.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Damn. I don’t particularly like that color but a SSS G&L for $350 would have been hard to resist.

That's a good deal, but the color doesn't work on a Strat type guitar. OTOH, it looks great on a Tele body. They have an ASAT Deluxe II in that color which checks on my boxes, except I don't want another Tele.

https://gbmedia.azureedge.net/usercontent/gear/3330389/p2_ulrpnfil1_so.jpg

Edited by Superhero
Why won't the pic show up?

Those tags made me think about uncirculated/one-owner/rarely-played/found-in-Uncle-Mel's-closet guitars. So have some pron.

1953 Gretsch 6128 Duo Jet w/ Matching Tweed Amplifier - two owners, purchased brand new in Nashville in 1953 as evidenced by original bill of sale. You know you are getting the goods when a dude comes in with the amp that the manufacter & retailer would match together and sell as part of an "everything you need to play guitar!" package.

jaragyx2ndeyo2clcokk.jpg

1965 Gibson SG standard with factory-installed Bigsby - this thing looks so mint it's either a fraud or the owner didn't play it, never even opened the case, and kept it in a humidor.

gktbzfmzmkc1akbbqbds.jpg

Uncirculated 1959 Les Paul Standard 'Burst' with all original hang tags - wish I knew the story here. According to one thread this was listed for $238,000.00 and sold in 4 days. Probably because of those famous original SONOMATIC STRINGS!

021231946640ef926742885f86c15d25.jpg

1972 Fender Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue - Purchased new in 1973 at Wallace Reed Music in Atlanta for $286.00. I'm as curious to flip through that retail price list as I'd be to play that thing.

1.jpg

1963 Stratocaster in Olympic White with gold hardware - According to the dealer, it is 100% original except for one screw on the back plate. Sorry, that's a dealbreaker for me.

original.jpg?1529112862

Have a nice weekend, y'all.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

i need to clean off my duosonic.  It's in rough shape.

Rust on hardware - what do y'all use?  Diluted dish soap and a clean rag?

I have read vinegar, but do some research before messing up something nice. It may depend on the finish.

I once took a really rusty set of Pearl Drums I found in a garage sale and used Coke and aluminum foil to get most of the rust off of the legs and rims. More than doubled my money after cleaning them up.

Edited by DougO