The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sweet!  I'd swap out the pickguard (check screw count).  Team Mother of Toilet Seat:

image.thumb.png.e98f34b94cfaa167daed9a1bab20d21f.png

Yeah I love the pearl. And I actually like the tortoise one against the placid blue but need the neck to darken a bit first. 

And I knew screw count would come up sooner than later! 

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

Really?

People don’t offer 30% of your asking price… you know, for their “praise band?”

Never have that issue. It's easy to weed those people out. I also don't price my stiff like it's new. I always have an asking price that's fair for both parties and I ignore the people who can't see that.

Just now, Deej said:

Never have that issue. It's easy to weed those people out. I also don't price my stiff like it's new. I always have an asking price that's fair for both parties and I ignore the people who can't see that.

Trust me, it’s not that I’m overpricing anything.   I’m invariably below the “going” rate - sometimes way below - and I get that anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Trust me, it’s not that I’m overpricing anything.   I’m invariably below the “going” rate - sometimes way below - and I get that anyway.  

I figure about 1 out of 10 responses is truly interested and serious. As soon as I get the tire kicker or low ball vibe, I just stop responding. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have them in my gold Classic Player Strat and they are just fantastic. 

The gold strat has position four as bridge and neck, like the middle position on a Tele, so it doesn't have that classic Strat sound in position 4. Fucking great guitar though. Sneaky good. 

Screenshot_20220417-112826_Amazon Photos-1.jpg

Edited by Deej

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sweet!  I'd swap out the pickguard (check screw count).  Team Mother of Toilet Seat:

image.thumb.png.e98f34b94cfaa167daed9a1bab20d21f.png

A nice vintagey looking tortoise really looks good with LP Blue, but even better with a rosewood neck. That's a combo I would like to finally have. But Tortoise guards are really hit and miss. I'd have to hand pick one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deej said:

I have them in my gold Classic Player Strat and they are just fantastic. 

The gold strat has position four as bridge and neck, like the middle position on a Tele, so it doesn't have that classic Strat sound in position 4. Fucking great guitar though. Sneaky good. 

Screenshot_20220417-112826_Amazon Photos-1.jpg

Palindrome deej...

50261194602_4e4ab54bbb_b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Missed the window when everyone was showing off what they got from AUTF's Guitar Emporium and Pedal Peddler, but I did snag this from there:

20230915_182058.thumb.jpg.e3f9fb46e2b91627635794e0f6e08824.jpg

20230915_182049.thumb.jpg.1aba40860fe3c1cfb3b8dc1d5829aceb.jpg

I'm immediately about 40% cooler, give or take, just by strapping it on.

When I called to complain that there were no Bit-O-Honeys included in the packaging, he instead took me out to have honey barbecue wings. What a stand-up seller! 5 stars.

20230504_193537.thumb.jpg.0a1870ee4ca1caa19b9d0971080d2da0.jpg

(Note: This was the one game where GSW showed up and molly whopped the Lakers. It was also the last game they won that series, so this is a pic of a bunch of San Franciscans happier than they will ever be again.)

And to the killer signature tele linked earlier in the thread - I came across this window on a walk to Geno's in Philadelphia because cheesesteak. How random, but I'm not complaining. There is no way the person living here is not cool.

20230812_134643.thumb.jpg.8a50b43369aca79e9fd98129cc3b4aed.jpg

And speaking of teles made cooler than you might think possible, the Baltimore Hard Rock has this guitar hanging in the entryway. I think everyone who's ever cared about guitars or music should eat nachos in front of anything ever owned by Danny Gatton at least once in their life.

20231004_181238.thumb.jpg.39ce0154b970b2f9a356fb00bc09fc6d.jpg

And speaking of the Baltimore Hard Rock, check out the signage. That's a god damn PRS about the size of a 737 MAX. So if you're wondering why Hard Rock is having a hard time surviving, this is exhibit A. It's like they want the world to think they only serve orthodonists or wealth managers. Lawyers aren't going to buy your Messi Burger, Hard Rock!

20231005_083208.thumb.jpg.fce95f920d76ecfe1300849bbbe2124c.jpg

/end travellog

Edited by BoomMF
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Goredho said:

Dunno where this should be posted.  Hendrix’ Machine Gun in color.

Everywhere. It should be posted everywhere.

6 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

This Gibson 1950’s LP with P90’s found its forever home today. 

IMG_7383.jpeg

Goldtop homies unite

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Username checks out.

That is a beauty. You’re gonna love the P-90s.

It sounded great at the shop. It sounded incredible when I got it home and put it through my pedals and half stack. I love the big ol’ neck. It’s like I found my soul mate. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Chicago Muisic Exchange has an exclusive Classic Vibe with a Micawber vibe. Hmmmm….

IMG_0153.jpeg

I have this one. I'm thinking about getting another tele or strat and am curious how the player series compares to the classic vibe. 

The classic vibe is a good bang for your buck guitar but one thing that has really sucked about it is the crappy input jack. If you pull the trigger on one of these squiers you will want to upgrade that jack asap because it will come loose in a matter of weeks.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm sure this has been argued before, but Lindsey Buckingham is a top ten guitarist of all time.....prove me wrong 

I can’t prove you wrong that he’s one of your top ten favorite guitarists of all time. I can prove to you that he’s not one of mine. Art is subjective. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1