The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Damn.  Hope he tried to pay something reasonable and she understood what she was doing (i.e., not an old person that got taken advantage of). 

She even gave him the receipts, so she knew what they were worth. He claims he wanted to pay but she said she just wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate them. The dude said he wanted to do something for her but he needs to go back to where she is. I dunno.

New (to me) Guitar Day.

A family friend of my mom's (no pics of her, or my mom), is GIVING me this Strat later today. She says she doesn't play it anymore since she bought an ESP 1000, and just wants to see the Strat find a good home. Now, I already have an HSS Strat, and red is not my favorite color, but I'm not about to turn down a free Fender Strat. I'll be back at some point with details and more pics once I get the opportunity.026c27252cfc8966f714ae908e4e06c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Nice!  Curious to hear about year, model, etc.
2008, made in Mexico, and if this guitar has ever been played, I couldn't find any evidence. No dings, no scratches, and the frets and electronics are in excellent condition. A cleaning and new set of strings will definitely help, and it might need a setup for 10's, but other than that, the Guitar Gods definitely shined down on me today.

So, is it weird that I feel like this Strat is too nice for me? I look at the wear I've put into the Telecaster I've owned since I was 17, the Epiphone AJ200SCE I've owned since I was 19, and the Silverburst Strat I've owned since I was 27, and I start feeling guilty about putting that type of damage into another instrument.

So, is it weird that I feel like this Strat is too nice for me? I look at the wear I've put into the Telecaster I've owned since I was 17, the Epiphone AJ200SCE I've owned since I was 19, and the Silverburst Strat I've owned since I was 27, and I start feeling guilty about putting that type of damage into another instrument.

Leave the museum guitars for museums.
  • Like 3

You shouldn’t sweat that at all. Guitars are tools meant to be played. Even the museum ones.
  • Like 1

I have a strat I've had since middle school, back when it was called junior high. Apart from grime, the thing looks factory fresh.

I look at it all the time wishing I had been less mindful of taking care of it so it would look cooler.

Jk, imma just buy a relic and treat it like the last baby black rhino on the planet too.

16 hours ago, Tall Dark And Texan said:

It's a tool.  Use your tools.

EDIT:  what the smarter quicker guys said

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

I have four guitars currently set up nearby that I pick up and play when I"m in the mood. The American Tele is butter. The SG doesn't play quite as nice, but it really has a resonance that I love, even sounds great unplugged. I keep a bullet Tele by the computer desk that is just a blast.

But then I pick up this cheapass Epi Les Paul Jr that I got for $50 and that sumbitch really is a great player. Wonderful neck, perfect easy feel, really comfortable to play. I would never expect any guitar to play any better. I haven't even touched a thing on it. Especially the dice knobs that seem to be permanently glued on. I even like the way they feel when I turn them, even though they look kinda stupid.

• Like 2

Tapa opens up the site built in image hosting, making it easy to add images from your phone (like this post)...

...but difficult to order them between text. (I won't even try to do it with this post, but you can publish the image laden post, then edit it and you'll see some embed code that you can then organize as you see fit. Hurry, you have 5 minutes!)

I use direct linking to DropBox when not on Tapa. Not an image hosting site, per se, but direct links just fine and free with enough space for a dump load of pics.

Dig that Flying V2! '54 Strat refines, too! Want a '55 Bassman? Or maybe a Custom Shop Deville IV for $9.5k?

I'm farting around L.A. waiting for a show on Friday, recommend me something to do or see. Can be music related, but I dig just about everything. 98d14af476af16bc9af23220601a0fb1.jpgd89188091a34e45ca3c975841689756c.jpg3f63902412fa88470cc00725c8848d74.jpgb11ab34e438db08b241473b366da2c00.jpg

• Like 1

Pics of silverburst Strat pls

Nice pics BMF.  That Gibson V2 reminded me of one of these that popped up on a guitar trader group on fb.  Couldn't get the one off fb, because it's a closed group.  But cast your eyes upon the Gison Corvus/Futura.  I had forgotten about these.  Another in a long line of just plain weird Gibson guitfiddles trying to recapture the Explorer/V/Moderne vibe:

eogmf5d4yxcmq2vuckja.jpg

That sucker is ugly.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Nice pics BMF.  That Gibson V2 reminded me of one of these that popped up on a guitar trader group on fb.  Couldn't get the one off fb, because it's a closed group.  But cast your eyes upon the Gison Corvus/Futura.  I had forgotten about these.  Another in a long line of just plain weird Gibson guitfiddles trying to recapture the Explorer/V/Moderne vibe:

eogmf5d4yxcmq2vuckja.jpg

That sucker is ugly.  

kill it with fire!

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

eogmf5d4yxcmq2vuckja.jpg

That sucker is ugly.  

You could use it to open really big beer bottles. 

• Like 3

I asked if anyone wanted to meet up there this year but everyone was like fuck no.

Johnny Hiland was just walking around chatting with everyone. I got close and tried to absorb some of his energy. He was all, "the fuck you so close for?"

Kingfish was tonight. He wasn't playing a Les Paul like he normally does, but a fiesta red Strat. He's obviously on a blues journey that will ultimately end like these journeys usually do, with a maple necked Strat. Rosewood is just a Les Paul player's gateway neck.

He ended the show with a Texas/OU prediction. 3e5e3c78f9dac671e55ea44fc45bc03c.jpga97b98423f27706219457e6c5d99bbcc.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, BoomMF said:

Kingfish was tonight. He wasn't playing a Les Paul like he normally does, but a fiesta red Strat. He's obviously on a blues journey that will ultimately end like these journeys usually do, with a maple necked Strat. Rosewood is just a Les Paul player's gateway neck.

He ended the show with a Texas/OU prediction. 3e5e3c78f9dac671e55ea44fc45bc03c.jpga97b98423f27706219457e6c5d99bbcc.jpg

that the guy who was in season 2 of Luke Cage?  Dude can sing too.

• Like 1