Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aw Christ

Will Wade is returning to LSU after being recorded on the phone admitting to paying for players.

Pay for Ringo. Pay for Evans. Pay for Broughton and Collins. If you set up any system for paying guys at all besides direct payments from coaches through a school bank account, the NCAA won’t do a thing.

I could not give any less fucks about illegal payments to players at this point.

If we offer Ringo the same as UGA, then he’ll come to Texas, be a 3 year starter, All-American, and first round draft pick. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Riley put out the eyes emoji shortly before this.

27 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

We should come up with a name for that. The eyes of meth? Trailer park vision?

It is the Bug Eyes emoji 

but I’m all for any reference to his Sublime tattoo 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

If we offer Ringo the same as UGA, then he’ll come to Texas, be a 3 year starter, All-American, and first round draft pick. 

But he won’t be SEC!

Isn’t this the guy that stayed the whole week in Austin for Spring Break??

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Will Wade is returning to LSU after being recorded on the phone admitting to paying for players.

Pay for Ringo. Pay for Evans. Pay for Broughton and Collins. If you set up any system for paying guys at all besides direct payments from coaches through a school bank account, the NCAA won’t do a thing.

I could not give any less fucks about illegal payments to players at this point.

They dont give a Championship Trophy to “the best team not paying”..... gotta match fire with fire!

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Josh White to LSU.  Makes the visit last weekend seem odd.

Herman really needs to beat down LSU this year.

Damn. He reminds me a lot of Devin White. 

Does Josh have some connection to Louisiana or did he just fall in love with LSU? Seems like we offered him relatively early and recruited him well, but he just liked LSU more.

Edited by Burt Macklin

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Does Josh have some connection to Louisiana or did he just fall in love with LSU? Seems like we offered him relatively early and recruited him well, but he just liked LSU more.

I believe I read his mom and a slew of his kinfolks are from Louisiana.

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He's the only LB in-state I was hoping we'd get.  

No idea what we'll do at LB now.  Brennan Scott may be a take because we have no choice.

As stated before, Gbenda and Tillman are going to have to not be busts.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

If Texas is unwilling to pay for players we are fucking idiots. The NCAA will never do anything to anyone who pays for commitments at a major revenue producing school again. Auburn paid 200 plus thousand dollars for Cam Newton and now paying for players is defacto legal- much like players are allowed to transfer without sitting out a year. 

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I believe I read his mom and a slew of his kinfolks are from Louisiana.

I figured it was something like that with how open and shut it was with LSU. Regardless, I’m sure Bruh man and Satya will be proclaiming this as a horrible miss for the next 5 years. 

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

How come none of the croot families in Louisiana are ever from Texas

Because Texas isn’t a collective shithole.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He's the only LB in-state I was hoping we'd get.  

No idea what we'll do at LB now.  Brennan Scott may be a take because we have no choice.

As stated before, Gbenda and Tillman are going to have to not be busts.

Yeah. I’m not a big fan of Scott. If he’s your second and Flowe’s your first, then fine but hopefully we can find someone who develops late or a safety that can spin down. Patterson always finds quality LBs somehow.

we should hopefully have Caleb Johnson for the next three years. Wasn’t tI thought that he could apply for a medshirt for last year if he needs the eligibility?

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I figured it was something like that with how open and shut it was with LSU. Regardless, I’m sure Bruh man and Satya will be proclaiming this as a horrible miss for the next 5 years. 

Because Texas isn’t a collective shithole.

Yeah. I’m not a big fan of Scott. If he’s your second and Flowe’s your first, then fine but hopefully we can find someone who develops late or a safety that can spin down. Patterson always finds quality LBs somehow.

we should hopefully have Caleb Johnson for the next three years. Wasn’t tI thought that he could apply for a medshirt for last year if he needs the eligibility?

Maybe Chris Thompson becomes a LB.  He played in the box a lot last year.

Ja'Quinden Jackson already looks like a LB.

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Linebacker seems to be a long-term recruiting issue for this program, and not one that easily solved by "hire an elite recruiter" like DL would be.

27 minutes ago, maninblack said:

We're definitely in a trough at the moment

On the bright side, if we keep recruiting at B-backer and S like we have, we can mitigate the LB spot pretty damn effectively.

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

On the bright side, if we keep recruiting at B-backer and S like we have, we can mitigate the LB spot pretty damn effectively.

Scott's Jr. year hudl is pretty solid.  Maybe he doesn't test well at camps, but he lines up all over the place and plays in space a lot.  I'd still take White over him, but Scott isn't some scrub.  He's a good #2 take if we can somehow get Flowe like you said.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8008299/5bb24357da5b391a041a46e6

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Linebacker seems to be a long-term recruiting issue for this program, and not one that easily solved by "hire an elite recruiter" like DL would be.

well, we've also had some very bad luck at the position. That's just how it's been for Texas football this decade.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Scott's Jr. year hudl is pretty solid.  Maybe he doesn't test well at camps, but he lines up all over the place and plays in space a lot.  I'd still take White over him, but Scott isn't some scrub.  He's a good #2 take if we can somehow get Flowe like you said.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8008299/5bb24357da5b391a041a46e6

Flowe hasn't even been to campus yet.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

well, we've also had some very bad luck at the position. That's just how it's been for Texas football this decade.

Running a defense that is heavily reliant on linebacker play with a recruiting base that rarely produces quality linebackers seems counterintuitive.