Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

22 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Some good perspective in there re: recruiting/program momentum

Was it good perspective? I saw a former player defending coaches and downplaying recruiting losses, while telling readers to "relax a little". I'm still waiting for Darius Terrell to justify his scholarship. That post didn't get it done. He definitely writes like a Mack Brown recruit, though.

This is a pretty good test for 995'ers, will they take the approach of TFB/"all is well" or recognize and discuss the shortcomings and mistakes made by this staff? 

• TFB - All is well.
  • IT - You do not know what we do, shut up or I'll keyboard fight you.
  • Rivals - The fat ketch special of hedging over 5K words that go full circle.
  • 247 - Another hedge but they will focus on the wrong problems/solutions.
Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Vertigo said:

You limp noodled, cock sucking little troglodytes. I am the reaper of your online souls. I will pull the plug on this whole fucking place! I have done it once and I will do it again if a single one of you slack jawed glory hole vacuums spews one more fucking thing about this site or its reporting. Oh, do you feel that? It’s my finger on the switch. All of your silly little rep points are mine to toy with. The years you have sunk into this board can be wiped away faster than Ketchum can wipe his ass with a towel taped broom handle. You think I have anything to lose? Tomorrow you may log in and I will have turned this whole fucking place into an online scrapbooking site if I please. Quote the raven motherfuckers.

-immamac probably

Kevin Morgan? Are gonna sue this site again? You're a piece of shit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Goodman said:

This is a pretty good test for 995'ers, will they take the approach of TFB/"all is well" or recognize and discuss the shortcomings and mistakes made by this staff? 

• TFB - All is well.
  • IT - You do not know what we do, shut up or I'll keyboard fight you.
  • Rivals - Rape is bad
  • 247 - Another hedge but they will focus on the wrong problems/solutions.

Fify

57 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Some good perspective in there re: recruiting/program momentum

You saw Good Perspective. I saw a pile of horse shit. For a guy new to this space, Terrell certainly seems to have hit the ground running with the "Oh, no, why is everyone so negative there's everything is going so well!" He does a great job of trying to use favorite fan board criticisms to be viewed positively: 1) The perception of us going out of state vs aTm 2.) aTm filling up on bread, etc But when he touches on Broughton, he misses the fucking point. "Oh, he has a scheme fit preference and if he can't figure out it, what can we do?" I know what you do, you fucking fire the POS guy recruiting him and replace him with someone who can actually fucking RELAY THE TRUTH AND SALESPITCH TO THE KID EFFECTIVELY. 

Shit man, if that family didn't want to buy the car, what was I going to do? I don't know, how about fucking SELL them the fucking car? He's completely myopic to the point of recruiting and salesmanship isn't some just static thing that "exists" in the ether and can't be formed or shaped by the fuckhead position coach trying to sell shit on the bottom line. Terrell even touched on it in his paragraph and then completely biffed the actual point: "This should be an easy counter but..." Stop right there. You're right. It should be an easy fucking counter. PERIOD. 

His commentary on Whittington shows complete ignorance about how the kid was recruited at Texas and by who and a complete ignorance about the timeline of his recruitment versus his championship game performance and the loss of Sanders and Evans, or it is a willful deception to push his own agenda. Fuck, it might even be both. Either way, that is a real, real bad look for that dude. He's either ignorant or he's lying or he's both. His refusal to understand the dynamics at play in Texas that allowed us to land Ingram isn't exactly encouraging either, but it supports the ignorance position. 

I'm so, so fucking sick of 9.95ers telling us to exercise patience and fucking take it easy. It's just a bunch of plaintive whining from guys who don't like their jobs as much when their paying customers are pissed off. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You saw Good Perspective. I saw a pile of horse shit. For a guy new to this space, Terrell certainly seems to have hit the ground running with the "Oh, no, why is everyone so negative there's everything is going so well!" He does a great job of trying to use favorite fan board criticisms to be viewed positively: 1) The perception of us going out of state vs aTm 2.) aTm filling up on bread, etc But when he touches on Broughton, he misses the fucking point. "Oh, he has a scheme fit preference and if he can't figure out it, what can we do?" I know what you do, you fucking fire the POS guy recruiting him and replace him with someone who can actually fucking RELAY THE TRUTH AND SALESPITCH TO THE KID EFFECTIVELY. 

Shit man, if that family didn't want to buy the car, what was I going to do? I don't know, how about fucking SELL them the fucking car? He's completely myopic to the point of recruiting and salesmanship isn't some just static thing that "exists" in the ether and can't be formed or shaped by the fuckhead position coach trying to sell shit on the bottom line. Terrell even touched on it in his paragraph and then completely biffed the actual point: "This should be an easy counter but..." Stop right there. You're right. It should be an easy fucking counter. PERIOD. 

His commentary on Whittington shows complete ignorance about how the kid was recruited at Texas and by who and a complete ignorance about the timeline of his recruitment versus his championship game performance and the loss of Sanders and Evans, or it is a willful deception to push his own agenda. Fuck, it might even be both. Either way, that is a real, real bad look for that dude. He's either ignorant or he's lying or he's both. His refusal to understand the dynamics at play in Texas that allowed us to land Ingram isn't exactly encouraging either, but it supports the ignorance position. 

I'm so, so fucking sick of 9.95ers telling us to exercise patience and fucking take it easy. It's just a bunch of plaintive whining from guys who don't like their jobs as much when their paying customers are pissed off. 

well the TFB post made me happy..now i read this... season can't come here fast enough

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Image result for anger management gif yes

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's really pretty simple -- it's easier to write pablum than it is to create legit content that sells. No need to look any further than that.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

It's really pretty simple -- it's easier to write pablum than it is to create legit content that sells. No need to look any further than that.

Hey. That’s fine. But then don’t be a whiny little bitch when your paying subs get moody. Just suck it up for awhile and plug your gash with something until it passes. 

Let's go to the "recruiting is not going well top 3 excuses" used by fanboys for years

1. Trust the Coaches (my favorite variation of this is "I'm going to trust someone who gets paid millions to evaluate talent over you")

2. Patience. (indicating they know something you don't know, but they usually don't)

3. [Insert Former Great Player] was a three star

• Like 1

Who here would pay $9.95 to read weekly regurgitations of "The coaches aren't telling me anything, the kid is playing mind games with me, and his family is all over the map. Recruiting is going badly at the moment because Giles is lazy, Mehringer is a dork, and Warehime's farts announce his presence two minutes before he enters a room. Don't even get us started on Drayton. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. $9.95 please."

My guess is, fewer people would pay for that than pay for the whiny shit they write now.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Let's go to the "recruiting is not going well top 3 excuses" used by fanboys for years

1. Trust the Coaches (my favorite variation of this is "I'm going to trust someone who gets paid millions to evaluate talent over you")

2. Patience. (indicating they know something you don't know, but they usually don't)

3. [Insert Former Great Player] was a three star

4. Back to back top five classes.   

I know. Not bama good.   We’re not bama

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Who here would pay $9.95 to read weekly regurgitations of "The coaches aren't telling me anything, the kid is playing mind games with me, and his family is all over the map. Recruiting is going badly at the moment because Giles is lazy, Mehringer is a dork, and Warehime's farts announce his presence two minutes before he enters a room. Don't even get us started on Drayton. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. $9.95 please."

My guess is, fewer people would pay for that than pay for the whiny shit they write now.

Ob value was in the off topic threads.  Their content sucks

1 minute ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Ob value was in the off topic threads.  Their content sucks

That would be the only reason I would pay -- access to bulletin boards where various non-"reporters" post their content. But I get that for free here. I'll probably donate to this site at some point for that very reason, actually. The egregiously erroneous information you can glean from Surly is far more entertaining than the industry standard.

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

But when he touches on Broughton, he misses the fucking point. "Oh, he has a scheme fit preference and if he can't figure out it, what can we do?"

I don't know what you're upset about, if Broughton isn't leaning one way or the other, and he is going to sit at a nice restaurant with a notebook and his mother and grandmother before making a decision, there is still a chance!  We need to get our hands on that notebook.

Edited by UTEX90

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

I don't know what you're upset about, if Broughton isn't leaning one way or the other and he is going to sit a nice restaurant with a notebook and his mother and grandmother before making a decision so there is still a chance!  We need to get our hands on that notebook.

I like this scenario.  Mom is on our side allegedly (probably due to UT's higher quality education or maybe she likes the coaching staff better who knows).  Maybe she and Grammy can tag team him at that dinner and send him our way.  If his mind truly isn't made up yet that is.  Keep hope alive!

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

I like this scenario.  Mom is on our side allegedly (probably due to UT's higher quality education or maybe she likes the coaching staff better who knows).  Maybe she and Grammy can tag team him at that dinner and send him our way.  If his mind truly isn't made up yet that is.  Keep hope alive!

I'm not sure how solid his commitment will be regardless of where he chooses this summer. If he really did choose Texas, I would be on flip watch. If he chooses aggy we might have a better shot in the long run. Especially once the play on the field diminishes the scheme narrative

19 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you at all man. I think my point was that while 9.95ers do this, maybe they can be a a little less pissy when they have to deal with unhappy subs for a couple months every few years. Or they can find a job where the most difficult thing in their daily lives isn't dealing with bitchy people online. I'm sure every major city in Texas is looking for construction laborers to work on their freeways. 

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

So how much respite will Dorbah's commitment buy us from the back-and-forth? 30 minutes? Two hours? Maybe the rest of the day if we're lucky?

Considering it will leave us with still only 8 commits and not even in the top 20, not time at all.  Hell most on here already have him in the bag anyway.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So how much respite will Dorbah's commitment buy us from the back-and-forth? 30 minutes? Two hours? Maybe the rest of the day if we're lucky?

In this thread? Zero. Adulation can be had in the Dorbah thread while the charted course for the reef and the rocks remains on course here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you at all man. I think my point was that while 9.95ers do this, maybe they can be a a little less pissy when they have to deal with unhappy subs for a couple months every few years. Or they can find a job where the most difficult thing in their daily lives isn't dealing with bitchy people online. I'm sure every major city in Texas is looking for construction laborers to work on their freeways. 

It’s not subs who are sometimes positive and sometimes negative, it’s a couple of idiots who post about it non-stop and destroy every thread

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm chuckling picturing EJ or FCB or (God forbid) Ketch working on an asphalt crew.

1 minute ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Mcree didn’t make a dent.  Looked him up he’s a four star.  Thought he sucked given the non reaction

McRee? Who rated him a 4-star?

Also he's a '21 so this thread could keep right on ticking.

Edited by texifornia

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

It’s not subs who are sometimes positive and sometimes negative, it’s a couple of idiots who post about it non-stop and destroy every thread

Bullshit. 

And even it is was, there are a lot of subscribers who think that way and see Nahlin and Wells get triggered and think to themselves, "Fuck those guys."  It's ridiculous to see those guys ramp up the expectations, miss on their predictions then get pissy when people vent. 

They got it wrong. Take a minute or two and explain how you got it wrong and just deal with it. When you lash out at a poster you have to know that 20 others not posting feel the same way and you are also lashing out at them. 

Just now, Barry_McCokiner said:

Mcree didn’t make a dent.  Looked him up he’s a four star.  Thought he sucked given the non reaction

The McRee reaction is likely tied to his Lake Travisness. Add in the fact that he was a mortal lock to UT and people don't get excited, despite his talent. 

He's an excellent get and has a ton of upside but the trepidation will remain with any of the Lake Travis/Westlake kids for a while. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The McRee reaction is likely tied to his Lake Travisness. Add in the fact that he was a mortal lock to UT and people don't get excited, despite his talent. 

He's an excellent get and has a ton of upside but the trepidation will remain with any of the Lake Travis/Westlake kids for a while. 

Although objectivity is not this board's strong suit, he looks objectively very good. High motor, good frame, sticky hands, and loves Texas. These are program building guys in the mold of Ehlinger that we cannot build without.

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Machinator said:

36 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Considering it will leave us with still only 8 commits and not even in the top 20, not time at all.  Hell most on here already have him in the bag anyway.

so -40 minutes it is

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

What if his name was lakwon mcree from northshore instead?

59 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That would be the only reason I would pay -- access to bulletin boards where various non-"reporters" post their content. But I get that for free here. I'll probably donate to this site at some point for that very reason, actually. The egregiously erroneous information you can glean from Surly is far more entertaining than the industry standard.

I don’t mean their phony insiders I’m talking about their off topic threads.   Some are funny 

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

McRee? Who rated him a 4-star?

Also he's a '21 so this thread could keep right on ticking.

Shit.  Saw headline on BON article.  Maybe it’s bs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

then get pissy when people vent. 

Venting is one thing. Posting the same shit every day gets pretty old, especially when it derails threads soon after they're created

• Like 2