Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Collins’ acceleration is absolutely freakish at that size. 

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Evans stuff can fuck off. 

As Ive said for a year, Collins should finish the year as a 5 star. 

Lake Travis struggles with a small-handed QB. I think we were all ready for that. Don’t worry though, the dude can fucking recruit.  

Good thing we got JQJ. He looks like a QB all the way to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, futureman said:

Martin just whipped LT from start to finish. We will see if LT can figure it out and have a good season. Card looked good throwing the ball. His arm is noticeably stronger from last year. But when you can't run the ball and none of your receivers can get open, it makes it tough to put up points on offense. Card needs to relax and go through his reads a little more. I would also like to see him run a little more as well.

11 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

What happened here?

Offensive line did a terrible job, no running game at all.  Card didn't run and had leg cramps which affected his ability to plant, though he did a good job of escaping the untouched rushers all night.  

Losing McCree is huge as he was 1 of 2 primary weapons on offense.  They just don't have enough good receiving threats this season after Kyle Eaves   Another McRee note, last year he looked lanky, now he looks like a TE

Defense looks improved this year,  LB Trevenio looks good, secondary play looks better but the got torched a few times, and they have a DE who also played corner who looks like he might stand out.  The Erwin brother lining up at NG is too small, looks like a LB. 

Martin had better QB play than LT.  14 Points for LT is pretty indicative of the offense not being close to what it usually is.  Though if it were just about winning games you could move Card out to WR and start Yarnell and have a better offense.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Offensive line did a terrible job, no running game at all.  Card didn't run and had leg cramps which affected his ability to plant, though he did a good job of escaping the untouched rushers all night.  

Losing McCree is huge as he was 1 of 2 primary weapons on offense.  They just don't have enough good receiving threats this season after Kyle Eaves   Another McRee note, last year he looked lanky, now he looks like a TE

Defense looks improved this year,  LB Trevenio looks good, secondary play looks better but the got torched a few times, and they have a DE who also played corner who looks like he might stand out.  The Erwin brother lining up at NG is too small, looks like a LB. 

Martin had better QB play than LT.  14 Points for LT is pretty indicative of the offense not being close to what it usually is.  Though if it were just about winning games you could move Card out to WR and start Yarnell and have a better offense.  

I’m sorry, what? I have been told that Hudson Card is an outstanding QB recruit and that WR was not part of the plan. There’s a better QB on the fucking team right now?

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, what? I have been told that Hudson Card is an outstanding QB recruit and that WR was not part of the plan. There’s a better QB on the fucking team right now?

I think his point was that having a second receiving option would more than make up for the dropoff from Card to the next QB. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Let's be real here GDCTJ... Papa Card's "USS Hands" sailboat is the real recruiter.. not Hudson.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know that yarnell is a better QB, but Card only had 1 receiving threat.  Yarnell is good and also like 6-5 or 6-6 or something with a good arm and some ability to move.  I think in a win at any cost you take a good QB with 2 legit receiving threats over a really good QB with 1 receiving threat who is neutralized most of the game.  Particularly when there is 0 run game. 

• Like 1