Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's hard to blame Herman for the 2017 transition class, it was in a shity position because Strong preferred to recruit late December through February. There wasn't a lot of time to build a strong enough evaluations on both those kids. Maybe you could blame them for not knowing more about each one at UH. Carter would be getting a shit ton of carries right now had he wanted to work, he cultured out and Rischad was on his ass about him being lazy.

I give Herman and his staff the benefit of the doubt, because since that transition class their evaluations have been really good.

The Eno thing was still a bad miss though, he really wanted to be here (certainly much more than Toneil did) and he clearly was the better high school player. Toneil got the spot because of measurables.

We’ve had a string of unfortunate issues that have led to the current RB situation, thank goodness they reeled in Bijan.

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Well aside from witnessing the entire conference's worst loss in at least a decade while the fans booed the team pretty much nonstop from the 3rd quarter on, it was great!"

Was the visit a "home run," lIke every other campus visit is described by the $9.95ers?

I think Loic Fouonji from Midland Lee is going to make someone a damn good receiver. He had 4 catches for 168 yards and 2 TDs in Lee’s win against Smithson Valley Friday night. Set the all-time career receiving yards(1,475) for Lee. Is he a take?  Might be too similar to Johnston. Obviously depends on some of our other targets, but he is one to keep and eye on.

Edited by sunset87

1 minute ago, sunset87 said:

I think Loic Fouonji from Midland Lee is going to make someone a damn good receiver. He had 4 catches for 168 yards and 2 TDs in Lee’s win against Smithson Valley Friday night. Set the all-time career receiving yards(1,475) for Lee. Is he a take?  Might be to similar to Johnston. Obviously depends on some of are other targets, but he is one to keep and eye on.

He has 1 crystal ball pick to Oklahoma State, which would sound about right to go to them and be a pain to deal with.

7 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

I think Loic Fouonji from Midland Lee is going to make someone a damn good receiver. He had 4 catches for 168 yards and 2 TDs in Lee’s win against Smithson Valley Friday night. Set the all-time career receiving yards(1,475) for Lee. Is he a take?  Might be to similar to Johnston. Obviously depends on some of our other targets, but he is one to keep and eye on.

If we miss on JSN or LVBS, I’d hope we’s go with him as a third over someone like Hester. everyone says Johnston is a Z,  it his route running ability means he could also be an X and that Wayne Fuonji could be the Z.

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If we miss on JSN or LVBS, I’d hope we’s go with him as a third over someone like Hester. everyone says Johnston is a Z,  it his route running ability means he could also be an X and that Wayne Fuonji could be the Z.

Yeah I agree. I just wonder if he’ll still be around by the time those other guys decide. But that’s nothing new for this program, it’s a risk the coaches have to weigh. Got to go after the guys on the top of your board.

Edited by sunset87

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He has an OU offer.

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

I stand corrected. Not sure when OU decided to pick up on his recruitment. I know I'm not the only one that didn't think OU was serious about picking him up. I'm okay with bread for the Sooners.

IT's first version of the 2020 visitor list

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (TEXAS)
QB Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TEXAS)
RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite
WR Quentin Johnston, Temple (TEXAS)
OL Jaylen Garth, PNG (TEXAS)
OL Jake Majors, Prosper (TEXAS)
OL Andrej Karic, Southlake Carroll (Official) (TEXAS)
DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (TEXAS)
LB Prince Dorbah, Highland Park (TEXAS)
CB Joshua Eaton, Aldine MacArthur (TEXAS)
CB Ethan Pouncey, Winter Park (Fla.) (TEXAS)
S Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin (TEXAS) 
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek (TEXAS)

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT's first version of the 2020 visitor list

Hide contents

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (TEXAS)
QB Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TEXAS)
RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite
WR Quentin Johnston, Temple (TEXAS)
OL Jaylen Garth, PNG (TEXAS)
OL Jake Majors, Prosper (TEXAS)
OL Andrej Karic, Southlake Carroll (Official) (TEXAS)
DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (TEXAS)
LB Prince Dorbah, Highland Park (TEXAS)
CB Joshua Eaton, Aldine MacArthur (TEXAS)
CB Ethan Pouncey, Winter Park (Fla.) (TEXAS)
S Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin (TEXAS) 
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek (TEXAS)

Just add (TEXAS) next to Ty's name