Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

14 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Sure it is. So what? That’s the fun of posting thoughts on a web site. I’m predicting he is going to get his shit together. Why are you so bent out of shape about it? Why are you so bitter about him? This is what people do on sports web sites. They speculate. They throw out opinions. Why are you so mad, bro? And why is your speculative opinion so much more right? You don’t know him. You have no idea who he is, yet you act like based upon a few more tidbits from interviews, 9.95’rs, and top 5 lists that he’s a terrible person. Your data points are almost as immaterial as that one interview. You would do better to feel more empathy for others and not automatically play the “he’s a piece of shit card”. I know that makes you feel better since he hasn’t picked Texas. If he ends up washing out and committing armed robbery then I’ll be wrong. On the other hand if he becomes a successful college and NFL RB and a leader, then you were wrong. But either way, who gives a shit. It’s a sports web site and all this talk means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Lighten up, Francis.

Hold this post up to a mirror and read it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do we have any recruits at the game tonight?

According to Mike Roach:

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis

TE Lake McRee, Lake Travis

DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor

OL Jager Burton, Lexington (Ky.) Douglas

DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial (2022)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take this FWIW, but this was posted on spurstalk.

Well, I can’t confirm it but let me describe you what I saw. I’m hanging at the field like I usually do, BC is hanging out with Collins while the team arrived to the stadium. BC is shaking all the players hands as they walk in and Collins was sitting behind him. Suddenly, Orlando catches Collins eye from far away and runs to him to give him a massive hug. They’re all smiles. Then another coach gives Collins a big hug, then another, and another. A coach tht I don’t recognize walks up to him and says something, I’m thinking that he said, “Did you commit?” And Collins just nodded his head, “Yes.” And the coach went crazy jumping up and down. 

I can’t confirm tht Collins committed but it felt like it. I’ve seen coaches say hello to recruits before, never like this.

Works for me.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well, I can’t confirm it but let me describe you what I saw. I’m hanging at the field like I usually do, BC is hanging out with Collins while the team arrived to the stadium. BC is shaking all the players hands as they walk in and Collins was sitting behind him. Suddenly, Orlando catches Collins eye from far away and runs to him to give him a massive hug. They’re all smiles. Then another coach gives Collins a big hug, then another, and another. A coach tht I don’t recognize walks up to him and says something, I’m thinking that he said, “Did you commit?” And Collins just nodded his head, “Yes.” And the coach went crazy jumping up and down. 

I can’t confirm tht Collins committed but it felt like it. I’ve seen coaches say hello to recruits before, never like this.

u-g-F5EYCR0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That poster is @JNip on Surly and TheMex on Spurstalk.

I remember that user. If you watch Justin Tuckers aggy kick, you’ll see him under the goal post celebrating as the ball goes through. He’s telling the truth about being on the field, now as for his interpretation of what Collins interaction was, idk. 

9 minutes ago, thepop said:

I remember that user. If you watch Justin Tuckers aggy kick, you’ll see him under the goal post celebrating as the ball goes through. He’s telling the truth about being on the field, now as for his interpretation of what Collins interaction was, idk. 

You have my attention.

39830c277c8bf6e95e11bb6e78d34e98.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

Roach is not so subtly hinting that a Collins commitment is about to go down. 

If Roach and Buckley both agree on that, then the recruit and their family have been pouring Ace of Spades into UT Yeti tumblers in the front row at DKR with Tom and Michelle for a couple hours.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, Collins is enrolled at this point. Aggie goes 0-3 on their top Texas DL targets. Don't care, got Jimbo!!!!

"Was a down year for in-state defensive linemen, now that we think about it. Jimbo is building a NATIONAL brand with the premier in-state SEC team, and we need guys that aren't afraid of competition. Not sure why they'd want to play in half-empty stadiums in the little 12."

• Like 3