Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So like every immature teenager.

There’s a lot of teenagers who don’t actively troll and act like shitheads to professional grownups, both coaches and recruiting reporters 

To me, it’s a personality red flag. So is being flaky, being attention cravings on social media, changing commitments more than once, etc. From following this stuff as closely as anyone, those types seem to fail to live up to expectation at a higher clip than others without those red flags

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Fud said:

There’s a lot of teenagers who don’t actively troll and act like shitheads to professional grownups, both coaches and recruiting reporters 

To me, it’s a personality red flag. So is being flaky, being attention cravings on social media, changing commitments more than once, etc. From following this stuff as closely as anyone, those types seem to fail to live up to expectation at a higher clip than others without those red flags

Bryce Brown, minus the pay for updates, comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Ryan Perriloux, holla

• Like 1

Don’t disagree with any of this. However, people change. People mature. Reference the Nick Saban video posted earlier as one example. You choose to condemn him forever based upon his current actions. I’ve chosen to see something in him that gives me hope he gets straightened out. I find it interesting that there is such a black and white forever indictment of this guy from you and Burt. No acknowledgement whatsoever that people change when there are thousands if not millions of examples of athletes growing up to be more mature.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Don’t disagree with any of this. However, people change. People mature. Reference the Nick Saban video posted earlier as one example. You choose to condemn him forever based upon his current actions. I’ve chosen to see something in him that gives me hope he gets straightened out. I find it interesting that there is such a black and white forever indictment of this guy from you and Burt. No acknowledgement whatsoever that people change when there are thousands if not millions of examples of athletes growing up to be more mature.

Sure, kids deserve second chances, can improve themselves, can chance, etc, but I’m just playing the averages until I see something that makes me think otherwise. That little interview doesn’t move the needle for me

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

JFC no one’s “condemning him forever.”

Sure, he can change, but there’s no signs he’s changing and if anything, the signs over the last year point in the wrong direction.

My point earlier wasn’t that he could never change. It was that you’re trying to extrapolate a shit ton out of one interview.

You literally said, based on the interview, he shouldn’t be interested in Kirby, Jimbo, and Saban, yet those are three of his top 4, so maybe, just maybe, that interview is not actually representative of him or his character. He has a long history of being disingenuous and just making shit up in interviews, so trying to take a single interview and crafting a narrative of change and future growth is pretty far-fetched.

• Like 2

JFC no one’s “condemning him forever.”
Sure, he can change, but there’s no signs he’s changing and if anything, the signs over the last year point in the wrong direction.
My point earlier wasn’t that he could never change. It was that you’re trying to extrapolate a shit ton out of one interview.
You literally said, based on the interview, he shouldn’t be interested in Kirby, Jimbo, and Saban, yet those are three of his top 4, so maybe, just maybe, that interview is not actually representative of him or his character. He has a long history of being disingenuous and just making shit up in interviews, so trying to take a single interview and crafting a narrative of change and future growth is pretty far-fetched.

Sure it is. So what? That’s the fun of posting thoughts on a web site. I’m predicting he is going to get his shit together. Why are you so bent out of shape about it? Why are you so bitter about him? This is what people do on sports web sites. They speculate. They throw out opinions. Why are you so mad, bro? And why is your speculative opinion so much more right? You don’t know him. You have no idea who he is, yet you act like based upon a few more tidbits from interviews, 9.95’rs, and top 5 lists that he’s a terrible person. Your data points are almost as immaterial as that one interview. You would do better to feel more empathy for others and not automatically play the “he’s a piece of shit card”. I know that makes you feel better since he hasn’t picked Texas. If he ends up washing out and committing armed robbery then I’ll be wrong. On the other hand if he becomes a successful college and NFL RB and a leader, then you were wrong. But either way, who gives a shit. It’s a sports web site and all this talk means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Lighten up, Francis.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This is absurd. Yes, people can change. No one wants the kid to be a fuckhead forever. But if I want an elite football team, and a big part of what separates my program from programs that covet only talent is our culture, why the fuck would I roll the dice on a kid with red flags that he’s going to mature and reform in the next year? Versus a kid like Bijan Robinson. 

In our situation, it’s a needless risk. It’s not just can he mature and reform. Can he do it on OUR timeline? That reduces your chances of success even further. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sure it is. So what? That’s the fun of posting thoughts on a web site. I’m predicting he is going to get his shit together. Why are you so bent out of shape about it? Why are you so bitter about him? This is what people do on sports web sites. They speculate. They throw out opinions. Why are you so mad, bro? And why is your speculative opinion so much more right? You don’t know him. You have no idea who he is, yet you act like based upon a few more tidbits from interviews, 9.95’rs, and top 5 lists that he’s a terrible person. Your data points are almost as immaterial as that one interview. You would do better to feel more empathy for others and not automatically play the “he’s a piece of shit card”. I know that makes you feel better since he hasn’t picked Texas. If he ends up washing out and committing armed robbery then I’ll be wrong. On the other hand if he becomes a successful college and NFL RB and a leader, then you were wrong. But either way, who gives a shit. It’s a sports web site and all this talk means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Lighten up, Francis.

465ef16462e8c6dfbf3560a5391470ca.gif

This is absurd. Yes, people can change. No one wants the kid to be a fuckhead forever. But if I want an elite football team, and a big part of what separates my program from programs that covet only talent is our culture, why the fuck would I roll the dice on a kid with red flags that he’s going to mature and reform in the next year? Versus a kid like Bijan Robinson. 
In our situation, it’s a needless risk. It’s not just can he mature and reform. Can he do it on OUR timeline? That reduces your chances of success even further. 

Nothing I posted had anything to do whatsoever with Texas selecting him or not. It was simply a comment about him, independent of Texas and Bijan. You didn’t even follow the comments properly. Of course Bijan is a better pick.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Nothing I posted had anything to do whatsoever with Texas selecting him or not. It was simply a comment about him, independent of Texas and Bijan. You didn’t even follow the comments properly. Of course Bijan is a better pick.

I’m sorry, you were defending a player on a recruiting forum, in a thread about Texas recruiting, and betting on a kid getting his shit together, but you WEREN’T advocating taking him? JLawOK.gif. I followed the comments just fine, clearly you failed to take into account the context of where you were posting. 

I’m sorry, you were defending a player on a recruiting forum, in a thread about Texas recruiting, and betting on a kid getting his shit together, but you WEREN’T advocating taking him? JLawOK.gif. I followed the comments just fine, clearly you failed to take into account the context of where you were posting. 

It was a general comment about a recruit. How about you point out one word where I advocated that we take him. One word. Guess what, you won’t find it. Just because you mistakenly jumped to a wrong conclusion, that’s your mistake and problem not mine.