Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fuck yes. Collins is an absolute freak with a ton of room left before he hits his ceiling. He’s an absolute freak and should be a 5 star

Fuck his rating.  He’s the best player in our class the second he commits. 

The defensive line is about to be absolutely scary. The big 12 has not seen a DL with anywhere near this talent or depth

33 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Does Collins’ alleged commitment (making us 4 for 4 for our in state Dline targets) mean Herman has kicked Jimbo’s ass right out of Texas?

Jimbo has identified some kids from Rahway and Asbury Park that are far more SEC ready. It's only sip fans that should be excited.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Jimbo has identified some kids from Rahway and Asbury Park that are far more SEC ready. It's only sip fans that should be excited.

Have you even considered the possibility that Jimbo cooled on Collins to avoid having a bunch of bready 2020 guys tying up scolly's when they lead for pretty much everybody they want next year?

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take this FWIW, but this was posted on spurstalk.

Well, I can’t confirm it but let me describe you what I saw. I’m hanging at the field like I usually do, BC is hanging out with Collins while the team arrived to the stadium. BC is shaking all the players hands as they walk in and Collins was sitting behind him. Suddenly, Orlando catches Collins eye from far away and runs to him to give him a massive hug. They’re all smiles. Then another coach gives Collins a big hug, then another, and another. A coach tht I don’t recognize walks up to him and says something, I’m thinking that he said, “Did you commit?” And Collins just nodded his head, “Yes.” And the coach went crazy jumping up and down. 

I can’t confirm tht Collins committed but it felt like it. I’ve seen coaches say hello to recruits before, never like this.

true truth GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Shenault was a quality Strong misevaluation.

Sanders had a nasty high school injury if I remember right?

Everyone misevaluated Shenault. He was a 3 star and none of the P5 schools in Texas offered him. This board wasn’t too crazy about him either, sometimes groupthink takes over.

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Too much Absolut?

7 hours ago, futureman said:

I was in section 28 tonight.  could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I saw kelvontay dixon in the concession area.  

7 hours ago, futureman said:

maybe he’s coming to texas instead of arkansas

Next home game, I’m gonna tell the beer stand near section 28 to add $9.95 to futureman’s tab. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

He had to enjoy our def last night. I was at the game. Our run defense was just on.  Pass def sucked but it will get better 

Outside of Boyce, our pass D was reasonably solid. As he often does, Orlando made a strategic choice to give up some easy yards in the pass game in order to shut down the run and it worked. 

Kobe Boyce was fucking horrible last night. Just a fucking embarrassment. The only thing as bad as his play was the decision to keep playing him after the first quarter. Our crew joked that the best decision Montreal Estelle has made was to be 39, so when he fucks up people will just assume it was Boyce. 

Green looked good but young. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kobe Boyce was fucking horrible last night. Just a fucking embarrassment. The only thing as bad as his play was the decision to keep playing him after the first quarter. Our crew joked that the best decision Montreal Estelle has made was to be 39, so when he fucks up people will just assume it was Boyce. 

Green looked good but young. 

It was always great when I would point out on the football board that Boyce starting was a bad sign and the dumbasses over there would either respond by saying I was being a pussy or trying to argue that Boyce starting just meant we had 3 good options at the corner spot opposite Green. 

My only guess is they started and continued to play Boyce so he wouldn’t be a transfer risk. There’s no way Cook is worse than him and I doubt Jamison is either.

Hopefully this game made it sink in for Washington that no matter what Boyce looks like in practice, he doesn’t have it in games. If Washington rolls out Boyce against LSU, it’s inexcusable at this point.

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

His piece of shit ass failing to break up a pass with 4 minutes left in the first, thinking he HAD, and failing to make a tackle as the receiver turns upfield and runs for the first down while he prances and does the incomplete hand motion is one of the most WTF things I’ve ever seen.

you know it's bad when the color commentator on your own school-branded network takes a few verbal whacks at him for being a fucking idiot. they're usually a lot more circumspect about criticizing "the kids"

• Like 1

Some of this shit on this board is absurd.  Hudson Card is a great quarterback; kid went and balled out against the best competition there is in the Elite 11 and held his own .  He threw with more zip and velocity than anyone else in the camp, even received an award for it.   The kid is every bit the quarterback Colt was in high school.  

Edited by CB'sGotMeLit

6 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

Some of this shit on this board is absurd.  Hudson Card is a great quarterback; kid went and balled out against the best competition there is in the Elite 11 and held his own .  He threw with more zip and velocity than anyone else in the camp, even received an award for it.   The kid is every bit the quarterback Colt was in high school.  

The list of guys who balled out at elite 11 and then were meh in college is long and distinguished, like my Johnson. Might want to slow your roll my man. 

• Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 5:37 AM, SydneyCarton said:

God what a fucking imbecile. The only thing worse is the gaggle of fucktards that put that pussy on a pedestal and listen to him. 

“Brennan Eagles, who had surgery and has missed like half or more of fall practice, is going to light the world on fire.”

Maybe he will, but do you know how I know you’re full of shit and none of what you said is based on seeing any practice?

Speaking of fucking imbeciles … maybe you should slow your roll.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, VaHorn said:

Speaking of fucking imbeciles … maybe you should slow your roll.

Awww. Look at you. Referencing your catalog of saved posts that you save to be able to throw back in folks’s faces while you masturbate furiously. 

Of course context doesnt matter to you, because you’re an imbecile. Most folks were surprised eagles even suited up tonight. My bad. 

That doesn’t change the fact that you contribute nothing to any board you post on...honestly I feel bad for you. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Awww. Look at you. Referencing your catalog of saved posts that you save to be able to throw back in folks’s faces while you masturbate furiously. 

Of course context doesnt matter to you, because you’re an imbecile. Most folks were surprised eagles even suited up tonight. My bad. 

That doesn’t change the fact that you contribute nothing to any board you post on...honestly I feel bad for you. 

Jesus. Just put that twit on ignore. I forgot he existed until I saw you quote him. Please don’t do it again.  He’s honestly the most worthless poster on all of the Texas boards. At least some of the other clowns make an effort to be informed, funny or entertaining. VaHorn just shows up to spew invective and call us idiots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Card is not a sure thing by any stretch. Colt was a 3* and not a good comp for Hudson. I think everyone would consider Card a good QB prospect, and if/when he puts on weight he may very well start. It’s just not as likely as the prototypical pro-spread qb, JQJ grabbing that job as a rs-freshman and not letting go. Card will be limited by his measurables and JQJ will excel because of them.

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Card is not a sure thing by any stretch. Colt was a 3* and not a good comp for Hudson. I think everyone would consider Card a good QB prospect, and if/when he puts on weight he may very well start. It’s just not as likely as the prototypical pro-spread qb, JQJ grabbing that job as a rs-freshman and not letting go. Card will be limited by his measurables and JQJ will excel because of them.

I think Card is going to make a hell of an inside WR. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Everyone misevaluated Shenault. He was a 3 star and none of the P5 schools in Texas offered him. This board wasn’t too crazy about him either, sometimes groupthink takes over.

To me, Eno Benjamin was one of Strong’s most egregious eval misses outside of his penchant for taking a bunch of weak minded snowflakes.

Edited by Vertigo

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It was baffling. His piece of shit ass failing to break up a pass with 4 minutes left in the first, thinking he HAD, and failing to make a tackle as the receiver turns upfield and runs for the first down while he prances and does the incomplete hand motion is one of the most WTF things I’ve ever seen. And then we play him for 2 more  quarters over Jamison while he continues to be targeted and buttfucked repeatedly. 

Not to defend Boyce (though I’m of the apparently unpopular opinion that he’s a solid average cornerback with a small gap between his floor and ceiling) but it was Overshown #31 who had that embarrassing play you’re referencing . . . just to be fair, and to keep our four/five star guys as accountable as our three star guys. 

• Fuck You 7

Just now, ConfettiRain said:

Not to defend Boyce (though I’m of the apparently unpopular opinion that he’s a solid average cornerback with a small gap between his floor and ceiling) but it was Overshown #31 who had that embarrassing play you’re referencing . . . just to be fair, and to keep our four/five star guys as accountable as our three star guys. 

I remember seeing clearly Boyce #38 doing that dumbassery being referenced

• Like 5