Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

10 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

When your boy has arguably two of the greatest RB highlight clips of all time sending the pain (one college, the other pro)....let him forever be known as the man.  

There may have been better backs, but not many....a true Texas treasure.  

-C7-epxSXBDduANW31WmDaMGbXxcSPC0pQAp3pcR

Poor Mike Downs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Every time I see this I think, "Poor Isaiah Robertson."  Wrong place, wrong time.

Damn, he died last December:

MABANK, Texas (AP) — Former two-time All-Pro linebacker Isiah Robertson was killed when the limousine he was driving skidded on a rain-slicked curve on a dark, rural East Texas highway and was hit by two other vehicles.

The Texas Department of Public Safety reports the crash happened about 10 p.m. Thursday on Texas Route 198 almost 6 miles north of Mabank and 50 miles southeast of Dallas. A DPS statement says the limousine Robertson, 69, was driving entered the curve at an unsafe speed for the rainy conditions. It veered off the road and skidded sideways before coming to a stop partially on the road. A pickup truck following behind hit the limo, knocking the limo into the southbound lane where it was slammed by an oncoming car.

The Los Angeles Rams drafted Robertson from Southern University in the first round of the 1971 NFL draft. He remained with the Rams through 1978, then played in 1979-82 for the Buffalo Bills.

He was named first-team All-Pro in 1973 and 1976 and was chosen for the Pro Bowl in his rookie 1971 season, as well as 1973-77.

damn.  2x all-pro and 6x pro bowler, driving a limo in shithole east texas at almost 70 years old... 

those old bastards built the league up from nothing and were paid very little for it.  I wish they’d cut the salary cap in half and allocate half of the player revenue to bigger pensions for former players and lifetime health insurance for these aging veterans.  of course the players’ association would never allow it because these young cunts nowadays are just greedy ungrateful fucking pieces of shit. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, futureman said:

damn.  2x all-pro and 6x pro bowler, driving a limo in shithole east texas at almost 70 years old... 

those old bastards built the league up from nothing and were paid very little for it.  I wish they’d cut the salary cap in half and allocate half of the player revenue to bigger pensions for former players and lifetime health insurance for these aging veterans.  of course the players’ association would never allow it because these young cunts nowadays are just greedy ungrateful fucking pieces of shit. 

Seriously? When player healthcare for current players is a joke, most careers last 1-3 years, and owners are fleecing cities for hundreds of millions of dollars in not-voted-on tax revenue, you want the PLAYERS to pony up the cash? 

• Like 8

Just now, texifornia said:

Seriously? When player healthcare for current players is a joke, most careers last 1-3 years, and owners are fleecing cities for hundreds of millions of dollars in not-voted-on tax revenue, you want the PLAYERS to pony up the cash? 

absolutely.  this is america and the owners own the teams and are entitled to their half.  players get half.  old veterans deserve some of that player money. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yes players and coaches should chip in because without the old timers, the kids today wouldn't be making millions or far more than they could make otherwise.. BTW, I was at that game. RIP Isiah 

So Vincent's Dad sounds like a typical aggy.  OK with the son going to LSU who whips their asses every year and keeps them down in their conference vs Texas who he'll see a couple of times.

They hate us more than they like themselves.

Edited by Scholz
  • Like 1

A few things to note:

-Hullaby is an OLB on the board for Texas.

-Deference to the situation with the ailing parent is why Jordan hasn't publicly said anything. It's his choice whenever he decides to do so.

-Restating that the visit to Norman this weekend is interesting with Collins. If he takes the trip, it could drag on for a while. If he doesn't, it's plausible that he shuts it all down.

-I will be interested to see if Foster, JSN, White, and McLellan make a visit this weekend. 

-Fuonji is visiting, I believe. Is that public? He's got some senior footage now posted and he might be climbing up in interest for the staff.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s hilarious. I remember him starting this cycle as a 5 star and EJ fanboying him hard while Ej followed him around the 7 on 7 circuit while telling everyone what a great guy Ro is for “training” all these kids.

EJ ADORED him (omg he has so much "swag") while every other analyst was using every euphemism for "colossal primadonna" in the book.

EJ just loves to latch onto strong personalities (and he thinks shit-talking = personality) who like ugly shoes.

Edited by texifornia

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A few things to note:

-Hullaby is an OLB on the board for Texas.

-Deference to the situation with the ailing parent is why Jordan hasn't publicly said anything. It's his choice whenever he decides to do so.

-Restating that the visit to Norman this weekend is interesting with Collins. If he takes the trip, it could drag on for a while. If he doesn't, it's plausible that he shuts it all down.

-I will be interested to see if Foster, JSN, White, and McLellan make a visit this weekend. 

-Fuonji is visiting, I believe. Is that public? He's got some senior footage now posted and he might be climbing up in interest for the staff.

Hullaby seems like a potential ILB cure for this class, so OLB (assuming you mean b-backer) seems surprising 

I believe some of the recruits in your last two lines are meant to be somewhat under the radar, although I don't think anyone realistically thought that would happen 

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s hilarious. I remember him starting this cycle as a 5 star and EJ fanboying him hard while Ej followed him around the 7 on 7 circuit while telling everyone what a great guy Ro is for “training” all these kids.

And the player was all “about im a 5 star so you better treat me like a 5 star if you want me”

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hullaby seems like a potential ILB cure for this class, so OLB (assuming you mean b-backer) seems surprising 

I believe some of the recruits in your last two lines are meant to be somewhat under the radar, although I don't think anyone realistically thought that would happen 

OLB in function, not as a pass rushing edge guy.