Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I disagree, we have been loading up on tackles the last two cycles and next year will be an epic OT class. We are badly in need of blue chip interior depth so signing three of the best interior prospects in the state is fine by me. i still think Javonne Shepherd and Tyler Johnson will man the outsides in 2021 and beyond if Cosmi happens to leave early and they develop the way we expect them to. If Cosmi plays through his junior/senior year then we will have a hell of a 3 man rotation at tackle for a couple of years. 

Brockermeyer will be the best OT on campus the minute he steps foot on the 40 acres. But that will be a good problem to have...

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Brockermeyer will be the best OT on campus the minute he steps foot on the 40 acres. But that will be a good problem to have...

What? Nah.

He plays against TAPPS competition now and he'll have bluechip tackles who've spent years in the program ahead of him then. As it should be.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

What? Nah.

He plays against TAPPS competition now and he'll have bluechip tackles who've spent years in the program ahead of him then. As it should be.

just telling you what i was told. the staff thinks he is the best OT they have seen in the last 5 classes and was the best in Texas as a soph regardless of classification. kid is a future first rounder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

just telling you what i was told. the staff thinks he is the best OT they have seen in the last 5 classes and was the best in Texas as a soph regardless of classification. kid is a future first rounder.

Not disagreeing with you, but he would have to already be at an elite level to start or even get significant playing time his Freshman season....Which is a great thing for this program. Players like Connor Williams won't be thrown in, no matter how good they are because there is quality depth now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Yeah. But that doesn't mean he's going to come in ahead of someone who's been with Yancy for 3-4 years, been on a college nutrition plan for several years and have been coached by Hand for a couple. Everything you just mentioned might be 100% true, but that doesn't mean an 18 year old Tommy Brockermeyer will be ahead of a several year head start Christian Jones, Junior Angilau, or Tyler Johnson, 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Well, he’s going to miss a season of development due to his shoulder injury, and he likely won’t be an early enrollee, so even though he’ll be a top five prospect in the country, I’m fading him being better than all of Moore, Jones, Johnson, Hookfin, Tyler, Shepherd, Garth, and Karic the minute he steps foot on campus

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Well, he’s going to miss a season of development due to his shoulder injury, and he likely won’t be an early enrollee, so even though he’ll be a top five prospect in the country, I’m fading him being better than all of Moore, Jones, Johnson, Hookfin, Tyler, Shepherd, Garth, and Karic the minute he steps foot on campus

I enjoy that you've included Karic in this class. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. But that doesn't mean he's going to come in ahead of someone who's been with Yancy for 3-4 years, been on a college nutrition plan for several years and have been coached by Hand for a couple. Everything you just mentioned might be 100% true, but that doesn't mean an 18 year old Tommy Brockermeyer will be ahead of a several year head start Christian Jones, Junior Angilau, or Tyler Johnson, 

i dont disagree with anything you or others have said. Just passing along what the expectations are. The good news is if TB is kept off the field, the player(s) in front of him will be future first rounders. We havent been there in a long time. 

27 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Brockermeyer will be the best OT on campus the minute he steps foot on the 40 acres.

20 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

the staff thinks he is the best OT they have seen in the last 5 classes and was the best in Texas as a soph regardless of classification. kid is a future first rounder.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

The good news is if TB is kept off the field, the player(s) in front of him will be future first rounders. We havent been there in a long time. 

These posts are wild, man.  Keep 'em coming.

26 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I heard the exact same thing from another D1 head coach.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

23 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

9 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

i dont disagree with anything you or others have said. Just passing along what the expectations are. The good news is if TB is kept off the field, the player(s) in front of him will be future first rounders. We havent been there in a long time. 

Not to pick nits, man, but what you said is 100% disagreeing with what other people are saying. You said he would be the best OT the second he stepped on campus. That the injured and needing recovery time non-early-enrollee is going to be better than 2-3 year guys on a nutrition and weight regiment with a coaching head start, many of whom were highly ranked recruits themselves is going to be the best OT on the roster the second he steps on campus. That isn't agreeing with others who have expressed skepticism. 

Are you trying to say that you have been in the room, Garrett Wilson style, when Herman and staff have all flat out said "Tommy Brockermeyer will be the best OT on the roster IMMEDIATELY upon arrival to campus?"  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Not to pick nits, man, but what you said is 100% disagreeing with what other people are saying. You said he would be the best OT the second he stepped on campus. That the injured and needing recovery time non-early-enrollee is going to be better than 2-3 year guys on a nutrition and weight regiment with a coaching head start, many of whom were highly ranked recruits themselves is going to be the best OT on the roster the second he steps on campus. That isn't agreeing with others who have expressed skepticism. 

Are you trying to say that you have been in the room, Garrett Wilson style, when Herman and staff have all flat out said "Tommy Brockermeyer will be the best OT on the roster IMMEDIATELY upon arrival to campus?"  

I'm pretty sure TB is the best OT prospect Texas has had once he steps onto campus.  But he won't be the best ready to play OT on the team for sure, and that's fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's no shortage of D1 coaches and people who think Brockermeyer is the best OT the state has seen in years. That's not the same thing as what Longhorn94 is saying AT ALL. 

I didn’t quote that part and I wouldn’t agree that he would be the best OT on campus as a true freshman.  

• Like 1

As a sophomore, he was dominating all the elite DL talent at these camps that are a year older than him.  Right now, he's probably better than every tackle on our roster sans Cosmi.  His technique, feet, quickness is ELITE.  He isn't lacking strength either.  He's always the best player at every camp he attends regardless of classification.  Will he dominate like he does in these camps the minute he steps on campus... probably not until he has some time with Yancy.  Will he be among the best tackles on the roster the minute he steps on campus... definitely, the skill set, size, and quickness is all there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It actually isn't. I was relaying what I was told by members of the staff as to their expectations for TB. It doesnt mean that others won't progress and be able to hold him off wrt playing time. It means that they think he will be the best OT prospect we have landed in a long time and as such, will be the best OT when he joins the team. Whether that actually happens or turns out to be true is another thing entirely. But it doesnt change their projection or expectation for TB. Its just a prediction made by members of the staff. I dont think many think we have many, if any, sure-fire first rounders on our roster at present at OT. Jones, Johnson, Shepherd, Moore, etc may all get there over the next two years, but they arent there now.  But yeah there is no conflict in relaying the staff's projection for TB with my hope that y'all are right and not disagreeing that others may develop enough over the next two or three years to hold him off, unless you are just trying to be obtuse.

Sorry for the thread derail. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's no shortage of D1 coaches and people who think Brockermeyer is the best OT the state has seen in years. That's not the same thing as what Longhorn94 is saying AT ALL. 

lol... whatever man. it actually is the same thing. i am not expressing my opinion or belief about TB. i was posting what i had heard from the staff. they think the best OT the state has seen in years will be better than a bunch of OTs that were highly ranked but not nearly as talented. omg that is such a controversial statement. fuck off.

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I'm pretty sure TB is the best OT prospect Texas has had once he steps onto campus.  But he won't be the best ready to play OT on the team for sure, and that's fine.

i agree. and again, if correct, it means all kinds of good things for texas as we will have multiple first round OTs on our roster.

• Like 2

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

It actually isn't. I was relaying what I was told by members of the staff as to their expectations for TB. It doesnt mean that others won't progress and be able to hold him off wrt playing time. It means that they think he will be the best OT prospect we have landed in a long time and as such, will be the best OT when he joins the team. Whether that actually happens or turns out to be true is another thing entirely. But it doesnt change their projection or expectation for TB. Its just a prediction made by members of the staff. I dont think many think we have many, if any, sure-fire first rounders on our roster at present at OT. Jones, Johnson, Shepherd, Moore, etc may all get there over the next two years, but they arent there now.  But yeah there is no conflict in relaying the staff's projection for TB with my hope that y'all are right and not disagreeing that others may develop enough over the next two or three years to hold him off, unless you are just trying to be obtuse.

Sorry for the thread derail. 

I'm not being obtuse. I'm simply saying you talk about predictions for his final product, and you talk about his projection as a player, but that doesn't really jive with the concept of "the moment he arrives on campus" which literally involves zero change and development  in TB as a player or prospect and ignores all of the potential change and development by every other OT on the roster. You might as well just be saying he's a 1st round draft pick the second he steps on campus. Do you understand how "Projection" doesn't work with "The moment he steps on campus?"

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

lol... whatever man. it actually is the same thing. i am not expressing my opinion or belief about TB. i was posting what i had heard from the staff. they think the best OT the state has seen in years will be better than a bunch of OTs that were highly ranked but not nearly as talented. omg that is such a controversial statement. fuck off.

Again, best in state prospect isn't the same as best OT the minute he gets on campus. One is an accepted opinion. The other is a pretty absurd statement. 

Or you can just fucking admit that you picked a poor choice of fucking words in your initial post. You've tried to walk the comments back repeatedly but seem to stop short of being able to say "You know what, I probably didn't express things effectively in my original statement." Just fucking admit it.

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB Open Post from yesterday, SIAP: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/06/open-post-tuesday-june-18th/

Stuff on Ransom and the other visitors, plus Johnny Wilson.

The Ransom update is outstanding, as is WIlson and this visit being an unofficial. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
I'm a typo machine.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not being obtuse. I'm simply saying you talk about predictions for his final product, and you talk about his projection as a player, but that doesn't really jive with the concept of "the moment he arrives on campus" which literally involves zero change and development  in TB as a player or prospect and ignores all of the potential change and development by every other OT on the roster. You might as well just be saying he's a 1st round draft pick the second he steps on campus. Do you understand how "Projection" doesn't work with "The moment he steps on campus?"

Again, best in state prospect isn't the same as best OT the minute he gets on campus. One is an accepted opinion. The other is a pretty absurd statement. 

Or you can just fucking admit that you picked a poor choice of fucking words in your initial post. You've tried to walk the comments back repeatedly but seem to stop short of being able to say "You know what, I probably didn't express things effectively in my original statement." Just fucking admit it.

giphy.gif

the words weren't mine to begin with. if you would actually read and try to comprehend what i was saying, you would admit that you were fucking wrong to begin with and that this whole argument is stupid. i told you what members of the staff told me. i am not going to change their words to suit you.  i dont think they put that much time into the statement. it wasnt some thesis or shit. it was just their off the cuff opinion on TB's talent. holy fuck dude. let me go back and ask for clarification if they included the development of the other OTs in their calculus so I can try to ease Sydney fucking Carton on surly. or not. 

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

the words weren't mine to begin with. if you would actually read and try to comprehend what i was saying, you would admit that you were fucking wrong to begin with and that this whole argument is stupid. i told you what members of the staff told me. i am not going to change their words to suit you.  i dont think they put that much time into the statement. it wasnt some thesis or shit. it was just their off the cuff opinion on TB's talent. holy fuck dude. let me go back and ask for clarification if they included the development of the other OTs in their calculus so I can try to ease Sydney fucking Carton on surly. or not. 

In my defense, oftentimes your shit is pretty fucking hard to comprehend, between your blanket statements, passing off hearsay as fact, and other assorted habits. I was trying to comprehend your post. See my bolded quote above where I POINT BLANK asked you to clarify, and you still failed to give a completely clear answer. Thanks for finally clarifying. Sort of. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In my defense, oftentimes your shit is pretty fucking hard to comprehend, between your blanket statements, passing off hearsay as fact, and other assorted habits. I was trying to comprehend your post. See my bolded quote above where I POINT BLANK asked you to clarify, and you still failed to give a completely clear answer. Thanks for finally clarifying. Sort of. 

im not sure how i could have been any clearer but i will attempt to expand a bit. i was talking to members of the staff about 2020 OL recruiting. i was asking them who they thought we would finish with. the response was wrong as they included George in there along with Lindberg. But they then added that while the 2020 class was nice, the 2021 class was better. more specifically, that TB was the best OT they have seen in the last 5 years. better than walker little. and they expect he will be the best OT on campus when he arrives. they thought he was a future first rounder, possibly top 5 type pick. they are blown away by his talent and believe we will get both Brock bros. hopefully that clarifies for you. 

on 2020, would love to finish with Lindberg and Karic on the OL and start bringing in Ransom, Crawford, Bijon, etc...

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 3

Lol hi Mr. Brockermeyer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Longhorn94. Mr. Brockermeyer left Texas in 1994. It’s also a well known fact that Mr. Brockermeyer has a propensity for selecting bland common user names when signing up on web sites. The man has been outed.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Hmmm. Longhorn94. Mr. Brockermeyer left Texas in 1994. It’s also a well known fact that Mr. Brockermeyer has a propensity for selecting bland common user names when signing up on web sites. The man has been outed.

Only if Brockermeyer is living a second life in Lake Travis. It's doable - but less so for a local celebrity 

• Like 1

Y'all, this staff is pretty capable of being wrong in their expectations of players. It wouldn't surprise me if they think Tommy will be the best OT on the team when he arrives. Like Roach at ILB, Jamison at WR, etc. I've heard some other stupid shit about their (support staff, not a coach luckily) expectations for our LBs that's too dumb to share. Anyways, the point is that it's possible for the coaches to think that and possible for them to be wrong. Y'all are fighting needlessly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

oh yeah, you got me! i would have gotten away with it too, if it wasnt for these meddling kids!!!

wait, did you call my user name bland? i can not allow this aggression to stand.

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 1