Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

Catholic angle? Is that how far one has the lean over to kiss young bo... never mind.

Don’t he and Bijan go to a Catholic HS?  You’d be surprised how much weight that can hold sometimes.  Not for me, I went to UT.  Those cafeteria shitbags in South Bend can get fucked.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Don’t he and Bijan go to a Catholic HS?  You’d be surprised how much weight that can hold sometimes.  Not for me, I went to UT.  Those cafeteria shitbags in South Bend can get fucked.

We all saw the Osafo-Mensahs view Jambalaya as Sinfest 2018 last year.

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

#5 in the state of Kentucky. Top rated defensive lineman. Guy might be pretty good and not just a Giles special.

Is rankings are all over the place.  Top 250 nationally on Rivals ( #226 overall ), #8 in Kentucky on ESPN, but 247 has him # 948 nationally.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is rankings are all over the place.  Top 250 nationally on Rivals ( #226 overall ), #8 in Kentucky on ESPN, but 247 has him # 948 nationally.

247 shows https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=KY .

1. Michael Mayer Covington Catholic (Alexandria, KY) TE

2. Walker Parks Frederick Douglass (Lexington, KY OT

3. Vito Tisdale Bowling Green (Bowling Green, KY) S

4. John Young Christian Academy Of Louisville (Louisville, KY) OT

5. Octavious Oxendine North Hardin (Radcliff, KY) DT

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

It might hold some weight if you're actually Catholic, but in a lot of big cities outside of Texas, athletic kids go to Catholic high schools because they get scholarships to a place that will provide a much better education than public schools.  

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

247 shows https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=KY .

The #5 is composite.  That #13 below it in a box is his 247 rating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He's also headed to the Rivals finals camp this next week ( 5* challenge?? ).

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The #5 is composite.  That #13 below it in a box is his 247 rating.

Thanks. Obviously, I didn't know how to read that chart. You would think 247 would emphasize their own rankings. 

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

My favorite qualifier:  no offense, but there may be better recruiters than Giles and Drayton.

Yeah but you're using that qualifier correctly. The point of my consternation is that people are using "with that being said" exactly wrong. 

So the relevant example would be: No offense, but I was really impressed with your presentation last week. Great work!

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

We all saw the Osafo-Mensahs view Jambalaya as Sinfest 2018 last year.

Jambalaya fest is what it is, and I would never contradict you, but to tell you the truth EVERYBODY knows the real Sinfest is Eeyore's Birthday Bash. I'm told the Osafo-Mensahs were not pleased when trolling through pictures online.

Edited by Chopper

34 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yeah but you're using that qualifier correctly. The point of my consternation is that people are using "with that being said" exactly wrong. 

So the relevant example would be: No offense, but I was really impressed with your presentation last week. Great work!

I'm not gonna lie: I've seen Morgan Fairchild naked.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Jambalaya fest is what it is, and I would never contradict you, but to tell you the truth EVERYBODY knows the real Sinfest is Eeyore's Birthday Bash. I'm told the Osafo-Mensahs were not pleased when trolling through pictures online.

Well I googled that and will be proceeding to my kitchen chemicals cabinet to get much of what I saw out of my eyes.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

can we all agree that the Brockenmeyer stuff needs to go over here?

I don’t mean to nitpick but it should be pretty fucking obvious for all intensive purposes that we all can’t agree on literally anything. Irregardless, TB isn’t worth all this fighting. I’m not gonna lie, but to tell you the truth, I don’t even think Tommy Brockenmiher will start a single game at Texas.

With that being said, you should honestly, with all due respect, honestly take your weakass suggestions and go fuck yourself with a flaming hot iron rod, no offense.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who here doesn't love their couch? If not, you people need to get new couches. 

I love my couch.

Almost as much as your mom loves my couch.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach added an update on Broughton's visit if it's anything worth mentioning.

"Broughton and his family are still on campus. I'm trying to gather some info after they leave, so Mike at Night might be late."