Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

USC is his dream school and he said Reggie Bush was his favorite player growing up.  Hopefully we lock him up this summer but we need to hope USC doesn’t have a great year and we need to hope they don’t have a terrible year either resulting in getting Urban.  In both scenarios, I see him flipping to them.  He’d already be committed there if it wasn’t for the uncertainty of Helton.  Hopefully they win 7-8 games with Helton staying and we win 10+. 

Edited by victory88

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

USC is his dream school and he said Reggie Bush was his favorite player growing up.  Hopefully we lock him up this summer but we need to hope USC doesn’t have a great year and we need to hope they don’t have a terrible year either resulting in getting Urban.  In both scenarios, I see him flipping to them.  He’d already be committed there if it wasn’t for the uncertainty of Helton.  Hopefully they win 7-8 games with Helton staying and we win 10+. 

Replace Reggie bush with Vince Young and USC with Texas, and you have the exact same story with all the blue chip in state recruits who still ended up going to out of state. I don’t think we have to worry about USC for a few more years.

5 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Gonna be an interesting pool party weekend with all of our secondary targets (specifically corner) all at the same place. Rodgers, Crawford, Eaton, Alford, Watts (?)

didn’t you forget the best one?  the best fucking player in the whole damn country?  or is he not coming. 

• Like 1

Just now, futureman said:

didn’t you forget the best one?  the best fucking player in the whole damn country?  or is he not coming. 

I didn't mention him because he's a take no matter what. With the others, there is probably only 2/3 spots at most for them

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

satyanash laughs at your bitchassedness.

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

I didn't mention him because he's a take no matter what. With the others, there is probably only 2/3 spots at most for them

It seems pretty obvious at corner that the top two are Crawford and Rogers, with Eaton and Watts behind them. 

At safety, it seems like we have Thompson, Washington and Ransom ahead of Alford. Idk if the staff would take Alford’s commitment right now or not if he wanted to, but I don’t get the impression we’re pushing for him to commit. Either way, it seems like us and LSU will split Ransom and Alford, with Ransom being the top target for both schools. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

It seems pretty obvious at corner that the top two are Crawford and Rogers, with Eaton and Watts behind them. 

At safety, it seems like we have Thompson, Washington and Ransom ahead of Alford. Idk if the staff would take Alford’s commitment right now or not if he wanted to, but I don’t get the impression we’re pushing for him to commit. Either way, it seems like us and LSU will split Ransom and Alford, with Ransom being the top target for both schools. 

I'm waiting to see what Washington does, if he does go North, I'd assume we push hard for Alford immediately, no?

Just now, Katfid54 said:

All of the posts this past week have said that LSU is out of it with Ransom.

True. The more correct statement is probably that we’re likely to get Ransom and LSU is likely to get Alford even though Ransom was probably higher on LSU’s board. 

Would not suck to lock up Ransom and Bijan by the end of this month. 

21 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

He's probably just there to tell the other recruits about how we barely beat Georgia. 

He is probably using us as a bargaining chip in his contract negotiations. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 4

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

It’s just... I don’t know how to put it. I don’t want to be disrespectful. I ain’t sayin I don’t care at all. It’s just at the moment, I’m not quite close to giving a shit. He beat Duncanville, but he barely beat Duncanville. What about when it comes to real schools like Bama or Clemson?

top hat fish GIF by Goldfish

• Like 1

Evans and Robinson and McClellan would be a good trio. 

If splitting carries two ways is good, then splitting them 3 ways is even better right?

everyone gets 5 carries a game. Less than 200 carries for your career will really extend your nfl shelf life. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If splitting carries two ways is good, then splitting them 3 ways is even better right?

everyone gets 5 carries a game. Less than 200 carries for your career will really extend your nfl shelf life. 

then Wheaton comes in the following class and whoa-la we bring back the wishbone. Show me a loss!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

looks like Hank Scorpio forgot to log out of his main account heh

SIAP but Zach Smith (yes, that same one) is saying a contact in the USPS told him Urban is exchanging mail with USC. Obviously an unreliable source, but if true I wonder how the recruits view this - Urban obviously has appeal as a winner but they'd also have no relationship with him and no idea who the staff would be

• Fuck You 1