Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Your baby is ... breathtaking.

I’m guessing the odds of you getting this one are pretty fucking low as well. 

CTJ, what an ugly thing to say... I abhor ugliness....does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, CTJ, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

Edited by Thetexashammer

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If you really could see the future, you would know that some people are going to call you a dipshit, some are going to say that it is just your schtick, and some are going to say that they should just put you on ignore.

which one are you?

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Or Bijan sees Evans at the pool party and assumes Evans is going to Texas so Bijan commits to OSU and then Evans ends up skipping college to play in the XFL and our starting RB in 2 years is Jaden Hullaby. 

Nah. Evans is a silent commit to Rocket Force U of engineering

2 hours ago, rickyspub said:

It's a simulation of what could of been had Reggie Bush had gotten a few more inches on 4 and 2. I like our chances to again win in reality.

Just think if Carson Palmer had not thrown that interception to Bryant Westbrook earlier in the game. It never would have come down to that 4th down conversion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

I've been told it's fluid. Possibly.

Last I checked, USC didnt only dress out 1 player and bring out their heisman trophies into the street outside the stadium at gameday. I could be wrong though.. it would explain a few things.

Mike at Night: Thoughts on Zach Evans' visit

—The big news of the day was the visit of five-star running back Zachary Evans. This was obviously a big development following Evans leaving Texas out of his top five earlier in the spring. Evans then told 247Sports’ Chris Hummer that he had concerns about the Longhorns’ future as a championship contender. It’s clear that the staff wanted to keep this visit relatively quiet, but a report that Evans was on campus earlier in the day had to be addressed.

—I’m told the visit went well enough for a quick unofficial. Evans came in with a teammate and spent some time with the coaching staff. I wouldn’t expect Texas to be right back in the mix at the top of his list, but it’s clear they are keeping the lines of communication open. Evans is a kid who’s been hard to peg this spring as he narrows his list down. After gathering some intel on him, I would say that things could change between him and Texas with a strong season.

—I posted earlier that this is a potentially dangerous game they are playing. After thinking it over, I’ve gained a little clarity on both sides of the argument. On the downside, this is potential fodder that could be used against Texas in their pursuit of five-star running back Bijan Robinson. Robinson is set to officially visit Texas this weekend, and he’s coming off of big trips to Ohio State and USC. It wouldn’t be surprising to see those two schools put this in his ear to plant some doubt in his mind. I’ve reported that there is some confidence at Texas in landing Robinson, and I’ve heard the same from sources near Robinson. If gambling on Evans goes poorly and chases off Robinson, it would obviously be a big hit.

—On the other hand, aggressive staffs should keep recruiting until they win over an elite. As many of you pointed out today, Robinson is also taking visits and considering options. Putting eggs into one basket could also result in a disastrous ending. I did speak with a source near Robinson today who thought he wouldn’t be that bothered by these developments. The Texas staff will also be able to show Robinson that he’s a huge priority when they host him this weekend.

—All in all, today proved that recruiting is never uneventful. I’ve often said that recruiting the elites puts you in high-leverage recruitments with huge risk and reward. I think there are valid arguments, either way, but these are probably the waters you have to swim in to recruit at an elite level.

So Dorbah, Linberg, ty Jordan, Thompson and Robinson all at USC this week mid week? Do schools ever get suspicious that recruits are just there for the visit and the interest is not legit? Is it just me or is Linberg been to the same place as other Texas targets?  Broughton/LSU USC/Robinson and others Broughton/Aggy