Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

TFB with a non-updatish update on Broughton (but the last sentence will make you feel better):

More of a note for those of you who don’t have Twitter as Longhorns 2020 priority defensive line target Vernon Broughton is visiting Austin today…

Never a bad thing to have the highly coveted recruit on campus around players and staff.

With that said, in speaking with Super K, we are hearing this is trending in Texas’ favor.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. But that doesn't mean he's going to come in ahead of someone who's been with Yancy for 3-4 years, been on a college nutrition plan for several years and have been coached by Hand for a couple. Everything you just mentioned might be 100% true, but that doesn't mean an 18 year old Tommy Brockermeyer will be ahead of a several year head start Christian Jones, Junior Angilau, or Tyler Johnson, 

agree... as a baseline, all linemen need a redshirt. Connor Williams could have used a redshirt year.  

A HUGE benefit is that the whole 2018 OL class redsirted.  It should be that way every year for linemen

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

TFB with a non-updatish update on Broughton (but the last sentence will make you feel better):

Hide contents

More of a note for those of you who don’t have Twitter as Longhorns 2020 priority defensive line target Vernon Broughton is visiting Austin today…

Never a bad thing to have the highly coveted recruit on campus around players and staff.

With that said, in speaking with Super K, we are hearing this is trending in Texas’ favor.

I hate the apparently new trend of using "with that said" as worthless throat-clearing and not an actual transition to different content/substance.

What's next? Steve is a great guy.  But with all due respect, I really like him.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I hate the apparently new trend of using "with that said" as worthless throat-clearing and not an actual transition to different content/substance.

What's next? Steve is a great guy.  But with all due respect, I really like him.

I hate when people preface something with, I'm not going to lie. Without any expectation, lying has been introduced as an option.  

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

With that said, I cannot be destroyed. 

With all due respect, I work in hydraulics. 

I don't care much for you, but okay, cool, Hook'em!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

i agree. and again, if correct, it means all kinds of good things for texas as we will have multiple first round OTs on our roster.

Just because a freshman comes in, doesn't start, and winds up going in the first round doesn't mean the people ahead of him (who were better at the time) are first round talents. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

With that said, I cannot be destroyed. 

With all due respect, I work in hydraulics.  

I don't care much for you, but okay, cool, Hook'em!

I like all of these, but my favorite is "with all due respect, I work in hydraulics."  Reminds me of William H. Macy's character from Mystery Men:  "God gave me a gift.  I shovel well."

d3d055aa3067616ec4b1ce379a3a0a1e--superh

Edited by Katfid54

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Just because a freshman comes in, doesn't start, and winds up going in the first round doesn't mean the people ahead of him (who were better at the time) are first round talents. 

Longhorn94's fallacious posts have already been debunked 30 different ways.  Let's not start from the top, okay?

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I hate when people preface something with, I'm not going to lie. Without any expectation, lying has been introduced as an option.  

I've had people say similar things under oath--either in depositions or (worse) in front of a jury.  A lot of times, it is prefacing a response by, "Honestly, . . . ."  Or "To tell you the truth, . . . ."

Well, duh, numbnuts.  You're under oath, and you've sworn to tell the truth.  So I would really appreciate it if you made sure to do so in response to every question.  Should I assume that you're lying when you respond without adding in a preamble of verity?

43 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Is it a completely foregone conclusion the Brockermeyer's are signing with Texas?

I think they’re locks, assuming Luke gets a scholarship after 2020, which he probably will 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Longhorn94's fallacious posts have already been debunked 30 different ways.  Let's not start from the top, okay?

WTF? there was nothing fallacious about my post. shouldn't you be trying to find another 2020 recruit to confuse with Tre Watson?

Edited by Longhorn94

30 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Along those same lines is using "honest" the intro to a sentence: "will you honestly say that..."  Purposely or not, the implication is that they are not honest at other times or most of the time. 

Just now, Soldierhorn said:

Along those same lines is using "honest" the intro to a sentence: "will you honestly say that..."  Purposely or not, the implication is that they are not honest at other times or most of the time. 

How about I don’t mean to nitpick, but here comes my detailed nitpicking 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

kumail nanjiani dinesh GIF by Silicon Valley

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

I mean, I'm not sure where you hang your hat, but there's a whole lot of Aggies who still live in Texas so...

51 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, I suppose you are right

No, because I heard through a friend of a friend of the coaching staff that he is seriously considering reclassifying to the 2020 class - He' s that good!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

when recruits see these edits,  how can you not be attracted to the icy whites?  Look at the clean crisp classic white with the striking bold burnt orange.   How can anyone, outside of those who find the love of sheep overwhelming deny this.  

Imitation being the best form of flattery.  Their new "icy whites" seem awful familiar over the last few years?  Remember their road uni's used to have maroon pants.  

Fuck off gomers. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12961959