Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

He was supposed to come in yesterday and stay until tomorrow. Now it's just tonight and tomorrow.

🎶You like tonight..... I like tomorrow🎶

Potato, potahto, tonight, tomorrow

Let's not call the whole thing off !!   (Hopefully)

18 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Right. We just need our top two targets on our board to commit and that will improve things. Noted. 

Actually the reason I brought it up is not necessarily because they are our top 2 recruits (Ransom, Ringo, Wilson  and some imaginary LB could also make claims) but because we have to rely on Giles and Golfclaps buddy to bring them in.

Edited by Bevo

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kendall Milton getting an UGA crystal ball from a couch burning mod isn't ideal. Although 'Bama wants Milton AND Evans. But yeah, I don't think we want Ohio State getting desperate for Bijan. Need him to close up shop this weekend so Drayton can get that raise and contract extension. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kendall Milton getting an UGA crystal ball from a couch burning mod isn't ideal. Although 'Bama wants Milton AND Evans. But yeah, I don't think we want Ohio State getting desperate for Bijan. Need him to close up shop this weekend so Drayton can get that raise and contract extension. 

Robinson isn’t on the take, so OSU getting desperate would mean what to us?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, if there is one thing that has worked out well, it is bringing Hudson Card in as the class bell cow. When that guy shows up to help out on recruiting weekends, the fucking commitments start pouring in. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

EJ has an update on Ransom. It's from ND's POV. 

Spoiler

*** Don’t look now, but Notre Dame has moved up the list for elite Salpointe Catholic (Ariz.) safety Lathan Ransom. From what I have been able to gather, LSU has moved down the list following the Tigers’ addition of Jordan Toles. In fact, I wouldn’t really consider LSU a major factor anymore. The same goes for Oklahoma. This is a three-team battle between Texas, Notre Dame and Ohio State. After talking to sources, I would actually put them in that order. However, this race is tight, and Ohio State could make a surge as it prepares to host him for an official visit this weekend. I’m told the Buckeyes could secure multiple commits and hope to use that as momentum with Ransom.

*** Coming out of his weekend visit, I’m told Texas has assumed the pole position in Ransom’s recruitment. The Longhorns did a tremendous job of selling him on the city of Austin as well as playing in a pass-happy Big 12 conference for a school with the 'DBU' moniker. Texas has a similar vibe to Arizona, and Ransom feels at home. With that said, Ransom and his family love the education opportunities at Notre Dame and have a bond with the Irish coaching staff. I’m told the only thing the Ransom family doesn’t like about Notre Dame is South Bend. While Notre Dame itself is similar to Salpointe Catholic, the town of South Bend isn’t really moving the needle.

*** A few more notes on Ransom. One, Notre Dame is really the only school that can pitch him on being the lone true safety in the class. Ohio State has a commit at the position in Lejond Cavazos and Texas is considered the clear frontrunner for four-star prospect Chris Thompson. The Irish are certainly pushing that pitch. Two, a lot of people have linked Ransom and teammate Bijan Robinson, who is very high on Ohio State and Texas. I’m told Robinson’s decision will have no impact on Ransom. The fact that Notre Dame is full at running back won’t hurt the Irish. Three, Ransom wanted to make his decision this summer but may hold off and experience some game day trips early this fall.

39 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

EJ has an update on Ransom. It's from ND's POV. 

Hide contents

*** Don’t look now, but Notre Dame has moved up the list for elite Salpointe Catholic (Ariz.) safety Lathan Ransom. From what I have been able to gather, LSU has moved down the list following the Tigers’ addition of Jordan Toles. In fact, I wouldn’t really consider LSU a major factor anymore. The same goes for Oklahoma. This is a three-team battle between Texas, Notre Dame and Ohio State. After talking to sources, I would actually put them in that order. However, this race is tight, and Ohio State could make a surge as it prepares to host him for an official visit this weekend. I’m told the Buckeyes could secure multiple commits and hope to use that as momentum with Ransom.

*** Coming out of his weekend visit, I’m told Texas has assumed the pole position in Ransom’s recruitment. The Longhorns did a tremendous job of selling him on the city of Austin as well as playing in a pass-happy Big 12 conference for a school with the 'DBU' moniker. Texas has a similar vibe to Arizona, and Ransom feels at home. With that said, Ransom and his family love the education opportunities at Notre Dame and have a bond with the Irish coaching staff. I’m told the only thing the Ransom family doesn’t like about Notre Dame is South Bend. While Notre Dame itself is similar to Salpointe Catholic, the town of South Bend isn’t really moving the needle.

*** A few more notes on Ransom. One, Notre Dame is really the only school that can pitch him on being the lone true safety in the class. Ohio State has a commit at the position in Lejond Cavazos and Texas is considered the clear frontrunner for four-star prospect Chris Thompson. The Irish are certainly pushing that pitch. Two, a lot of people have linked Ransom and teammate Bijan Robinson, who is very high on Ohio State and Texas. I’m told Robinson’s decision will have no impact on Ransom. The fact that Notre Dame is full at running back won’t hurt the Irish. Three, Ransom wanted to make his decision this summer but may hold off and experience some game day trips early this fall.

EJ is better than Roach. There, I said it. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1