Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Roach: Update on Weekend OVs

Spoiler

Since this seems to be a topic on the board in multiple threads, I thought I’d offer a quick summation of what I’ve heard from the OV weekend.

• I’m told that Texas did a stellar job with Lathan Ransom. In fact, I’m told the visit couldn’t have gone any better from their end. Lathan is still traveling home, so I’m waiting to talk to him. I think Texas did a lot to establish a strong position in the recruitment.
  • I’m told that Texas had a good visit with Jase McClellan. They were able to pitch a few different things that makes them unique among schools recruiting him. I don’t think they surged into the lead, but they chipped away.
    • In comments, Roach said there is still a long way to go with McClellan.
  • I’m told that confidence is high in landing Prince Dorbah. Out of all the recruits on campus this weekend, I was told that Dorbah opened himself up the most. No commitment happened, but I’d put Texas as the leader in the clubhouse.

Guys, please remember that we always want to respect recruits on their visits and we gather intel after they leave campus. This weekend being Father’s Day made matters more complicated. Not only was I celebrating with my father and brother (who just became a father), the families of recruits and sources we speak with were also spending time with family after a busy weekend. Rest assured we will have a big rundown in The Stampede.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Per Twitter it was a good weekend. Per this thread it climbed over 200 posts since Friday which is my last look here.

No need for details, just somebody confirm today was a good day.mp4

Image result for Today was a good day meme

Edited by UDontKnow

23 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Per Twitter it was a good weekend. Per this thread it climbed over 200 posts since Friday which is my last look here.

No need for details, just somebody confirm today was a good day.mp4

Nothing bad happened.  Best news was we now lead for Ransom and got a cb from a tOSU mod for Broughton.