Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I take zero comfort from anything that Rivals says.  They’ve fallen almost as hard as hornfans.  

Yeah, I’m not sure how current or good Spiegleman’s info is with Broughton. Maybe we do have a big lead, but this is t a datapoint for me. 

8 hours ago, MexHorn said:
9 hours ago, Thiefery said:
Wasn't it Hudson who had a sister baylor offered a scholarship to help persuade him into committing to them as well?

I cant imagine how getting the daughter into baylor would be a positive for the parents...

While that may have been a contributing factor, I believe there was a shady Baylor alum that was the head coach of Silsbee.  He did some funny stuff with Hudson's LOI and they actively tried to keep him away from Strong IIRC.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Exactly. Herman, being the nice guy he is, was yelling at Gundy and not his players. That's what Gundy asked for. He's a man, he's 40. 

I'm kinda dissapointed that we didn't get a sequel to that when he turned 50

23 minutes ago, runthebone said:

You think Herman isn't talking shit about them?

This staff doesn't talk about other schools. It is a clear and concerted effort and it's from the top down. When asked directly from a recruit/parent/person, the answer will always be a pivot to talking about Texas. 

1 hour ago, trythisathome said:

I, for one, like the fact that I can feel morally superior about my team's recruiting practices 

It's not about being morally superior it's about understanding the fucking brand. Charlie Strong never understood the brand. He had a billion failures but his inability to understand the brand was numero uno. Herman understands the brand, he's been on both sides of the fence and is fully capable of rolling in the mud with Fatterson, Urban, and the like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

It's not about being morally superior it's about understanding the fucking brand. Charlie Strong never understood the brand. He had a billion failures but his inability to understand the brand was numero uno. Herman understands the brand, he's been on both sides of the fence and is fully capable of rolling in the mud with Fatterson, Urban, and the like. 

That's honestly a good point. It's the most powerful thing we have. 

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

Any word if Van Fillinger scheduled that official visit for this weekend?  

Per OB 

Spoiler

Also, new DE offer Van Fillinger had told me he may return to Austin this weekend for an official visit, but he told me tonight that trip won't happen. Not yet anyway. He was also considering a Nebraska visit for this weekend but won't be taking that one either. No visits next weekend, so he'll have to take his official visits in the fall. I'd expect Texas to get one of those trips if the staff pushes.

10 hours ago, trythisathome said:

I, for one, like the fact that I can feel morally superior about my team's recruiting practices 

5 hours ago, trythisathome said:

That's honestly a good point. It's the most powerful thing we have. 

You've got a certain, sheep Santorum [no cr] aroma to you...

• Fuck You 2