Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

28 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Blidi says that Austin reminds him of New Jersey?  

Perhaps in the same way Kate Beckinsale reminds me of Angela Merkel. 

Yeah that sentence stuck out just a teensy bit. I guess compared to Portales, everywhere just feels like civilization.

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Hey dummy, you didn't say "playing together". Your exact words were "that might be the best run of RB's at Texas that I can remember." The run of RBs from Priest to Jamal was pretty fucking impressive. And you also seem to be giving credit to Drayton for recruiting and not yet landing a bunch of guys for whom he wasn't the primary recruiter. Clearly you, sir, are the confused and high poster.

I thought it was implied. As in that group was not supposed to be compared to a collection of running backs assembled over multiple decades by different head coaches. 

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah that sentence stuck out just a teensy bit. I guess compared to Portales, everywhere just feels like civilization.

When your big trip into town is Mexican food at Leal's in Clovis, you might be livin' in the sticks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The three biggest employers are the USAF, Santa Fe railroad, and the stockyards. It's loud and it stinks. A friend of mine who was stationed there kept telling my wife and me how lucky we were to be in Alamogordo. That's pretty fucking bad.

2 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Blidi says that Austin reminds him of New Jersey?  

Perhaps in the same way Kate Beckinsale reminds me of Angela Merkel. 

angela merkel makes my pants tight.  

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

NTTIAWRT 

what is this an acronym for?  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

At this point, I'd actually entertain the idea for one less coach on the field and putting carrington on the road. And I think Herman might have to consider cutting lose someone else to give Samples a full time coaching position. Because honestly, I'm pretty sure some school is going to poach him this offseason if we don't elevate him to on the field coach. But in either scenario, you're going to have to let go of two coaches, minimum. 

What are the levels of difficulty in regards to the intricacies of coaching WRs versus RB? 

Seems like move Samples to WR and cut some dead weight would be in order.   Meekins or Meh to TE, hire another defensive recruiter and cut warehime loose.

While we are at it, promote carrington to RBs.  He can't be any fucking worse with RB rotation and he's a known quantity at recruiting. Bring in talent then tell them to do what they do... how difficult can it be?

18 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Seems like move Samples to WR and cut some dead weight would be in order.   Meekins or Meh to TE, hire another defensive recruiter and cut warehime loose.

While we are at it, promote carrington to RBs.  He can't be any fucking worse with RB rotation and he's a known quantity at recruiting. Bring in talent then tell them to do what they do... how difficult can it be?

Why is everyone so anti meh?  Also has bc even played football?

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Certainly a long shot until he visits, but Whitehead has a Texas offer. https://247sports.com/player/lenneth-whitehead-46054157/

Flowe is supposed to visit at some point. We'll see. 

I think CTJ mentioned another LB out of southern Georgia who was kind of short but whose HUDL was very Gary Johnson like.

7 minutes ago, Richter said:

I don’t really need over two weeks notice that someone is going to release a top 5...

Wait. You’ll wait for over 3 hours to get a seat near the buffet table at Golden Corral, but passively twiddling thumbs for 3 weeks  until the best player in the country releases a top 5 that includes us is beneath you? I hope you drown while bellied up to the chocolate fountain, sir!

• Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Wait. You’ll wait for over 3 hours to get a seat near the buffet table at Golden Corral, but passively twiddling thumbs for 3 weeks  until the best player in the country releases a top 5 that includes us is beneath you? I hope you drown while bellied up to the chocolate fountain, sir!

Such eloquent prose!

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Herman prescribes to the 3 year contracts for assistant coaches philosophy right? 

No. He preached continuity when he got here, but not all the coaches are on a multi-year deal. Specifically it came up again with Bru McCoy not being able to guarantee Mehringer would be here till he graduates. I also feel like its been, spectacularly enough, used a lot by other schools to negative recruit us recently even though their coaches are also on single year deals but I could be pulling that out of my ass.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No. He preached continuity when he got here, but not all the coaches are on a multi-year deal. Specifically it came up again with Bru McCoy not being able to guarantee Mehringer would be here till he graduates. I also feel like its been, spectacularly enough, used a lot by other schools to negative recruit us recently even though their coaches are also on single year deals but I could be pulling that out of my ass.

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Thetexashammer