2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

Harden is really fucking over the Houston fans who love him. Forcing the Westbrook trade that looked terrible when it happened, and after one season demanding a trade to a single team to dry up the market for the Rockets to deal with other teams or get a more competitive offer from Brooklyn. Oh and we lost all our first round picks for the next 5 years so when we suck OKC will be feasting on our top 10 picks outright or via pick swaps. [/Bill OBrien thumbs up]

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Harden is really fucking over the Houston fans who love him. Forcing the Westbrook trade that looked terrible when it happened, and after one season demanding a trade to a single team to dry up the market for the Rockets to deal with other teams or get a more competitive offer from Brooklyn. Oh and we lost all our first round picks for the next 5 years so when we suck OKC will be feasting on our top 10 picks outright or via pick swaps. [/Bill OBrien thumbs up]

The last Rockets team I really liked was the 2011 team with Lowry-Dragic-Scola. They played hard every night and their offense didn’t make your eyes bleed.

Harden is a great regular season player. Hopefully the Rockets get a nice haul back for him and everybody moves on because it just wasn’t working in Houston. 

OKC does have the Rockets over a barrel with the draft picks. The Rockets will have to get creative in their rebuild. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Wow that is actually a lot for Covington. I was listening to NBA radio on Sunday morning, and they said there are plenty of 3D guys that will be available in that portion of the draft. This is so weird to actually have something to look forward to on draft night.

#TeamTearItDownRebuild

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Sure, the buck stops with Tilman. But it's fairly common knowledge that Harden pushed to have CP3 moved and was only too happy to have his childhood buddy on the Rockets. Morey is guilty of enabling Harden's selfish behavior from the day Harden stepped foot in Houston (couldn't coexist with any other big name). Tilman thinks he knows everything and directed Morey to make Westbrook happen. Plenty of blame to go around.

Harden is just a player. His opinion matters and it matters a lot because of how important he is but he can't force Morey to do anything. Tillman can and did. I would bet my house Morey came back and said, "ok I got a trade proposal for Westbrook but it's too much and we should reject it" fully expecting Tillman to agree with him and Tillman said do the trade. Players don't organize coops to take control of organizations. It's just a dumbass owner.

12 hours ago, BigXII said:

Man, CP3 wanted to retire in Houston. Instead he got shipped off because Harden can't get along with anybody, we get fucking Westbrick in return, and then both Westbrick and Harden leave the following year? Harden fucked over Houston bad. He thinks the title window has closed here in Houston? That's all on him! Literally every move of the last decade or so has been to try and build around him. If the window's closed, it's because he couldn't deliver the title and nobody is willing to come to Houston to play with him anymore, not after he ran off both Dwight Howard and CP3.

the cp3 thing is 100% on harden and forcing a trade for his bro looked bad at the time and most of us knew that but tried to talk ourselves into it.  but lets stop with the revisionist history with dwight howard.  howard wanted to be the man as if it was still 1995 and refused to adapt his game to the modern nba.  he's been a spare ever since he left houston.  that's not on harden. 

moving on, i do like that they actually have a pick tomorrow night (and a decent mid 1st at that).  and portlands #1 next year, while probably a late 1st round pick, is an added bonus if they're blowing the whole thing up anyway. 

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

If they Trade Harden and Westbrook they better move Gordon and Tucker as well.

Yes, the entire rotation from last year should be jettisoned. They were acquired to play a specific way, that style of play will be deemphasized under Silas. Grab as many assets and NBA rotational players as you can and build from scratch.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Westbrook reps the Jordan brand and now might play for Jordan.

I would want #32, another 1st and a couple of swaps, Graham, Washington or Bridges, and the likely salary filler of Batum and another player for Westbrook. If you want we could add Gordon and the Hornets could add Biyombo and the salaries are good enough. In this scenario the Rockets would also jettison around $5M in overall salary.

Maybe we need to get Harden and Tilman on an international flight to mend fences like Dream and Charlie Thomas did back in the day when they went to Japan to play a couple of games. The deal that was on the table was Rony Seikaly and Glen Rice for Dream. Think if that happened would have had zero championships as a city until the Astros. 

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Maybe we need to get Harden and Tilman on an international flight to mend fences like Dream and Charlie Thomas did back in the day when they went to Japan to play a couple of games. The deal that was on the table was Rony Seikaly and Glen Rice for Dream. Think if that happened would have had zero championships as a city until the Astros. 

But that Rony Seikaly trade was set up by that shithead Steve Patterson. You know the former UT AD?

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Houston fans have been completely fucked over in 2020. MLB comes and destroys the Astros, BOB’s idiocy subjects Texans fans to the worst trade in recent memory and now Harden with the kicker of Tilman being a cheap fuck. Fuck 2020. We are going to have several years of suck in cap hell and no draft picks to fully take advantage of us tanking.

Edited by Macklemore

looking over guys who could be available at #16 tomorrow night and am intrigued by the following players:

tyrese maxey, g kentucky

patrick williams, wing florida state

rj hampton, g new zealand

cole anthony, g north carolina

saddiq bey, wing villanova

precious achiuwa, f memphis

devon dotson, g kansas

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I would want #32, another 1st and a couple of swaps, Graham, Washington or Bridges, and the likely salary filler of Batum and another player for Westbrook. If you want we could add Gordon and the Hornets could add Biyombo and the salaries are good enough. In this scenario the Rockets would also jettison around $5M in overall salary.

People in hell want ice water.    Cant imagine they get that much for him

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

How about they throw in tomorrow’s #3 overall pick too?

LOL would they do #3 + Batum for RW?

45 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m no Fertitta apologist (I’ve disliked the guy for years) but I can somewhat understand his need to cut back. 2020 was shit for not just the Rocket’s financials. I imagine he’s getting absolutely pounded in his day job. 

Plus there is more than enough data to point to Harden not capable of being the #1 on a playoff championship team. They tried it with Dwight, Paul, and Westbrook. All 3 got got beat by the eventual champions, though the Paul injury likely kept them from making the finals. There are no other star players that you can acquire as the assets are gone and you are stuck with two talented, but aging stars. I'm happy that Harden turned down the extension, because he's going to age terribly. Better to restart the process now while still able to get valuable assets as opposed to $100M between two 35 year old broke down guards. Maybe the young rotational pieces turn into something. I've seen what peek Harden can do when he's the #1, and it's not a championship level team.

Of course you aren't going to get equal return, you never will, but you are also no further away from winning a championship either.

Edited by HtownHorn

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

After the holiday trade Houston should be able to get a haul for both guys. gorodon and tucker could some some good picks as well, i'd like to see them get more picks for 2021 draft since this years is supoosed to be doo doo.

Top heavy, but a bevy of 3ND types. Of course, any draft where LaMelo Ball is likely the best prospect is probably due to suck anyway.

15 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Couldn't trade pick #16 outright. The Suns and Rockets would have to draft the players and then trade them.

right.  but i'll at least be semi interested when phoenix makes that pick tomorrow night.  same with the pick the nets make at #19.  very likely that will be a pick for the rockets.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m no Fertitta apologist (I’ve disliked the guy for years) but I can somewhat understand his need to cut back. 2020 was shit for not just the Rocket’s financials. I imagine he’s getting absolutely pounded in his day job. 

I know from a solid source he owes a shitton to Sysco.  That's just one vendor.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Spare parts and draft picks several years down the road. Reports are that Tilman doesn't want to deal Harden to Philly out of spite even though we can get Ben Simmons. Why the fuck did this broke ass guinea buy this fucking team. He says he is a lifetime Rockets fan yet he is destroying this team. Houston sports suck because we have shitty owners. End of story.

27 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Spare parts and draft picks several years down the road. Reports are that Tilman doesn't want to deal Harden to Philly out of spite even though we can get Ben Simmons. Why the fuck did this broke ass guinea buy this fucking team. He says he is a lifetime Rockets fan yet he is destroying this team. Houston sports suck because we have shitty owners. End of story.

Those 3 players mentioned from the Nets are solid rotational NBA players, they are not spare parts. Add in what you are likely getting in deals for Westbrook, Tucker, Covington, and Gordon and you are no further away from competing for a championship than running it back with that same group. But then again, I'm not high on Ben Simmons and his inability to make a shot outside of 5' with any consistency added with his abysmal FT shooting.

Edited by HtownHorn

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, the entire rotation from last year should be jettisoned. They were acquired to play a specific way, that style of play will be deemphasized under Silas. Grab as many assets and NBA rotational players as you can and build from scratch.

We're going to be Cleveland between Lebron stints.

• Hook 'Em 1