2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Slacks

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I wonder who will scoop up Daryl Morey. If I were the knicks who suck I’d want a guy like Morey. But since I don’t follow the knicks or anyone else I have no idea if any teams are even looking for a gm.

You think Morey would want to follow working for dipshit, cheap ass idiot Tilman and chase it down with Dolan. Fuck Tilman. I bet you he hires John Lucas because he is cheap

26 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You think Morey would want to follow working for dipshit, cheap ass idiot Tilman and chase it down with Dolan. Fuck Tilman. I bet you he hires John Lucas because he is cheap

Honestly Dolan has a ton of faults but he’s willing to spend and gives guys control. Gives the wrong guys control but control nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

You keep saying Tilman is cheap. When has he shown to be cheap owning the Rockets?

4 minutes ago, mycox said:

You keep saying Tilman is cheap. When has he shown to be cheap owning the Rockets?

- Not resigning Ariza to run it back after winning 65 games and being a CP3 hamstring away from beating the most talented team in NBA history for championship 
- Avoiding luxury tax
- Not using the Midlevel exception 
- Leading the charge to acquire Westbrick
- Dumped salary and picks
- No class in the handling of MDA's departure
- Made DHouse wait because he's too cheap 
- Welcomes nepotism
- suspended benefits and vacation pay during Covid-19 
- Loses one of the best GM's in the league

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Yeah, those reasons.  He's cheap.  You want an owner who has so much money the team is a toy, not someone who needs it to make money.

Exactly. I wanted a rich foreign owner that’d plow money to the Rockets like the Arab owners of Man City and PSG

At this point, you might as well just start over. Trade Westbrook and Harden for young talent and draft picks. You could probably find contenders that need Tucker and Covington as well. I don't think you are going to get enough return on Westbrook alone where you are doing anything but treaded water with the talent around Harden.

Just now, Pasken said:

Team is just going to get progressively worse under Tillman until we're back to the lottery for another 5 year span.

Stephen Silas is a good hire man. I was in the dumps because I thought he was going to hire John Lucas. This guy's father is Paul Silas, was under Rick Carlisle, a top 3 coach in the NBA and helped Luka a lot in becoming a badass. I am relieved. At least I can give a shit again about this team.

9 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Team is just going to get progressively worse under Tillman until we're back to the lottery for another 5 year span.

This (hope I'm wrong). Who will the assistant coaches be? And will Silas/Stone get rid of small ball (and hopefully Russell Westbrook in the process)?

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This (hope I'm wrong). Who will the assistant coaches be? And will Silas/Stone get rid of small ball (and hopefully Russell Westbrook in the process)?

I'd steal Chris Quinn from the Heat. He is the development coach responsible for Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Derrick Jones and Kendrick Nunn being such critical factors on a Finals team.

Edited by Macklemore

I'll believe Fertits is committed to winning when i see him aggressively going after guys to put around harden.

Problem is when morey left that should have shown everyone he is bailing after trying so hard this franchise has nothing to offer anyone or money to spend that would move the needle.

Honestly the only way would be to rebuild by trading everyone for picks and young prospects but we know that won't happen and we will ride out Hardens contract and 45-50 win seasons in the 3-6 range and first or maybe second round exits.

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I'll believe Fertits is committed to winning when i see him aggressively going after guys to put around harden.

Problem is when morey left that should have shown everyone he is bailing after trying so hard this franchise has nothing to offer anyone or money to spend that would move the needle.

Honestly the only way would be to rebuild by trading everyone for picks and young prospects but we know that won't happen and we will ride out Hardens contract and 45-50 win seasons in the 3-6 range and first or maybe second round exits.

I'm with you as well until proven otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh please oh please oh please

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30296437/sources-james-harden-russell-westbrook-concerned-direction-houston-rockets

Yeah, it's looking more and more like the Rockets FO will be wheelin' and dealin' once FA starts. The above link might mean nothing, but it's the type of thing you see before players ask to be traded. At the same time, also a bit incredulous considering Harden and Westbrook were actively consulted during the coaching hiring process. And hey, if Harden really wants to be in Philly with Dork Elvis that bad, might as well do it now rather than later rather than wasting a couple more years where the Rockets won't be any closer to contending.

Hahaha guess we are gonna have a fire sale soon. If we do just get a ton of picks and a decent starter pack of prospects. 

At least we got Jeff HORNEYcek. 

When i was a kid i swear the utah announcer would say "Horny for 333333" and me and my friends who were all 13-17 years old during that stretch would all laugh.. "he said horny again". 

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Fuck Fertitta

Not challenging you, but this flies in the face of what Stephen Silas said in regards to Harden and Westbrook during his ESPN First Take interview. Silas said he met both Harden and Westbrook during his interview process. Yes, Fern-tits is a cheap motherfucker and another silver spooner who claims to be a self-made billionaire, but I don't see where he is in the wrong in this particular circumstance. The Rockets mortgaged their future on Westbrook and went uber-small to better accommodate to his style of play. If he wants out after one season because of a coaching and GM change, that's on him. 

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Not challenging you, but this flies in the face of what Stephen Silas said in regards to Harden and Westbrook during his ESPN First Take interview. Silas said he met both Harden and Westbrook during his interview process. Yes, Fern-tits is a cheap motherfucker and another silver spooner who claims to be a self-made billionaire, but I don't see where he is in the wrong in this particular circumstance. The Rockets mortgaged their future on Westbrook and went uber-small to better accommodate to his style of play. If he wants out after one season because of a coaching and GM change, that's on him. 

The Westbrook trade was all Fertitta. Morey being gone is all Fertitta. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fertitta wasn’t a silver spooner. His dad owned a restaurant in Galveston. He got his start by fucking over his partners at Willie G’s on Post Oak and Landry’s in Katy.  He’s an asshole of the first order. I was saying fuck Fertitta long before he bought the Rockets. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Pasken said:

The Westbrook trade was all Fertitta. Morey being gone is all Fertitta. 

While this is a widely circulated theory (especially on Clutchfans, I don't think it tells the whole story. I am sure Fertitta told Morey to make it happen with Westbrook. But this deal was as much of moving CP3 (because Harden could not get along with him either -after he could not coexist with Dwight) as it was getting Westbrook in return for guess whose boyhood pal? Harden needs to take some of the blame as well.

10 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Doesn't like the offensive system, doesn't like the culture....doesn't need to be a Houston Rocket.

They can change all of those things but if none of those people have the nuts to get Harden to change, the "culture" isnt changing.

Let me first say I love PJ for his heart, toughness and his fit in Houston.  I'll always root for former horns.

He probably deserves a raise for being a 6'5" power forward and taking a beating every night while able to knock down corner 3's.

That being said...he's 35 years old making $7-8M/ year.  I think if you put him on another team, he doesn't have near the impact he has had in Houston.

17 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Let me first say I love PJ for his heart, toughness and his fit in Houston.  I'll always root for former horns.  He probably deserves a raise for being a 6'5" power forward and taking a beating every night while able to knock down corner 3's.  That being said...he's 35 years old making $7-8M/ year.  I think if you put him on another team, he doesn't have near the impact he has had in Houston.

No doubt... unfortunately time is undefeated