Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: Tripping Balls (Spoilers)

atomheartbevo

55 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

1 - What is the plot line with Jane already revealed?

2 - Who is that Lady Thor at the end of the trailer?  (Is that Jane?)

3 - What is up with the use of Sweet Child o' Mine?  Is the Lady Thor really the Daughter of Thor?

4 - Who was Thor making out with?

I say this not as an insult, but maybe go back to the rock you were living under and watch the movie when it comes out. If you’ve kept yourself this spoiler free, that’s pretty amazing and you should just go enjoy it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not quite MCU, but fringes.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/el-muerto-marvel-sony-1235240517/?cx_testId=51&cx_testVariant=cx_2&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, better known by his stage name Bad Bunny, has been cast as the newest Marvel hero in Sony Pictures’ portfolio of the super characters — and will lead the standalone comic book film “El Muerto.”

“El Muerto” is set to hit theaters on Jan. 12, 2024.

“To bring El Muerto to life is just incredible .. so exciting,” the chart-topping rapper told the crowd, adding that he grew up a fan of wrestling.

Known as Juan-Carlos Estrada Sanchez in the comics, El Muerto is a wrestler whose powers are handed down by ancestry in the form of a mask (which, according to Marvel’s official site, gives him superhuman strength). In past comic narratives, El Muerto has gotten in the ring with Spider-Man himself. On stage at CinemaCon, Sony brass suggested Ocasio will portray an antihero on the verge of inheriting his father’s power.

• 3 weeks later...

Spoilers for future characters being introduce.  There is still the possibility they pull a fast one and make the character a mutant, but they are being extremely cagey about their mutants.

Spoiler

Long story short, even though Aquaman came after Namor, and Aquaman basically used Namor's origin (human dad, underwater mom, Atlantis, etc.), Marvel has decided not to risk Namor being compared to Aquaman and so they are going a different route.  

Some people are pissed that they are going to tie it into Aztec or Mayan culture instead of Atlantis like Aquaman, but fuck em, they would bitch if Marvel went with Namor's original origins involving Atlantis, and it's a fucking comic book, and they are all the time tweaking characters, origins, etc.

Plus, Marvel had to kind of avoid certain areas like the Mediterranean because you had the Eternals floating around that region and it would have been weird not to mention a water-based city.

They are possibly basing it on this water-based city https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/tenochtitlan/ and it's a location the Eternals have visited in later years.  Yeah, that was built on islands, but a lot of crazy shit happened around it back in the day.

This had me cracking up, because it's true.

Spoiler

Edited by atomheartbevo

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

If I haven't seen Dr. Strange 2 yet, will the latest Thor trailer or the first episode of Ms. Marvel spoil anything for me?

No on Thor don’t know in ms marvel yet, but doubt ir

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

If I haven't seen Dr. Strange 2 yet, will the latest Thor trailer or the first episode of Ms. Marvel spoil anything for me?

No, and if you've seen the Strange trailers, you'll have been (somewhat) spoiled already about far more than anything in the Thor trailers.

Watched Ms. Marvel with one of my kids this morning.  Not bad - definitely targeted at teens/kids (which means middle-aged men will be dissecting it on reddit).

Solid budget, cast works well together.  Some LOL moments over callbacks to previous movies.

Feels like this is going to be on the scale of Netflix's Marvel movies (Daredevil, etc.) in that she's dealing with local shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Pass.

Sam as Cap is lame AF. Unless he takes some super soldier serum, a punch to the head kills this guy.

i was let down when he did not take one during the D+ series.  not that super serum could actually defy the physics involved with cushioning the brain from a Thanos punch :)

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

04766914f128f394bc9f496a0bd8fb44.jpg

Huh? 

The gut biomes within the people that got snapped, were also snapped.  There was no need to kill off 50% of the biomes in the remaining survivors.  That would have raised the effective kill rate of gut biomes to 75%.  Thanos' number was half, not 75%.

Silly internet.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I assume they’re not going the Inhuman route bc it would cause a lot of questions with Agents of Shield 

I doubt they are concerned about AoS when it comes to any future products. It happened in a branched universe at this point. Same for the Inhumans failed tv show. 

Ms Marvel paid off well.  Would have liked more episodes in the middle of the season.  The history and family stuff were great.   Needed more Great granny smoke show and info on the bangle, but given the post credits scene i guess that origin is going to be deal with in The Marvels.  6 episode format didn't help this show.  There were some great things in there,but the villains were just plain bad.  One episode extra could have given them a luka time to flesh that out.

4 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

I know it was aimed at tweens but the action really sucked in this one.  Villains were lame as well. 

I actually like what they did with Kamala ultimately.  Her powers have a lot of potential.  Who knows where they stop. As bad as the villains were,they've created a great whole character in here for the future

2 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

I actually like what they did with Kamala ultimately.  Her powers have a lot of potential.  Who knows where they stop. As bad as the villains were,they've created a great whole character in here for the future

Yeah, I thought the actress did fine with what she was given.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Tried to read that one. Didn’t finish.

I want annihilation conquest.  

Well Adam Warlock has been cast for the GOTG3 movie and you have another Captain Marvel movie which should focus offworld. So maybe we're heading that way.