Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: Tripping Balls (Spoilers)

atomheartbevo

On 4/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, ultimaton said:

Kind of surprised Marvel hasn't given us an Eternals trailer to cash in on Chloe Zhao's Oscar win.

With BW in theaters in July (4 months before Eternals release), sure feels like that's when a trailer would drop. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'm guessing this isn't necessarily the thread for this, but are there any Xmen movies in the works or planned? Think I remember Gambit being scrapped, and Deadpool is kind of its own thing. I'd love to see more like First Class and Days of Future Past

It's fine to go here as the X-Men are now a part of the MCU. We won't see any new MCU movies for them till Phase 5. I'm sure there will be winks to X-Men characters or an end credit reveal like Nick Fury in Iron Man or Thanos in the Avengers in one of the upcoming movies. I would bet Dr. Strange 2 since it will explore the Multiverse. I bet we'll see the Fantastic Four revealed in Ant Man 3 since it deals with the quantum realm.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Man so many new characters coming in the MCU. Wonder if they’ll do another big crossover ala Infinity War/Endgame. Maybe Secret Wars Battleworld?

I'd say this is an absolute certainty.

9 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Man so many new characters coming in the MCU. Wonder if they’ll do another big crossover ala Infinity War/Endgame. Maybe Secret Wars Battleworld?

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

I'd say this is an absolute certainty.

They are already doing Secret Invasion as a TV series, and rumors are they are doing Armor Wars with War Machine.  And Shang-Chi is setting up the legitimate Ten Rings. And we are getting into the Eternals.

And we are not even touching on the Multiverse stuff, the Quantum stuff with Ant-Man and Wasp, and the Adam Warlock stuff with Thor/Guardians.

Wouldn't be hard for them to spin up a few existential threats that require major team-ups at all.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are already doing Secret Invasion as a TV series, and rumors are they are doing Armor Wars with War Machine.  And Shang-Chi is setting up the legitimate Ten Rings. And we are getting into the Eternals.

And we are not even touching on the Multiverse stuff, the Quantum stuff with Ant-Man and Wasp, and the Adam Warlock stuff with Thor/Guardians.

Wouldn't be hard for them to spin up a few existential threats that require major team-ups at all.

You think they could do Secret Wars with Beyonder or would that be too similar to Infinity War/Endgame?

i would love God Doom though.

Edited by FunkSoulBrother

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So what is the Black Panther sequel going to be about since Boseman is gone? I trust the writers will figure out a way to make it badass as the first.

Probably Winston Duke’s M'Baku as the leader of Wakanda, and Shuri getting shit done.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Probably Winston Duke’s M'Baku as the leader of Wakanda, and Shuri getting shit done.  

1 hour ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

I figured this might be there chance to introduce Namor.

Sure sounds like

Spoiler

It opens with a small tribute to Chadwick and then Wakanda is in disarray and chaos with his death, and they will have a bit of a "who takes the throne?" 

I think Shuri might end up the next Black Panther, but maybe not the leader of Wakanda - some sort of agreement, perhaps? 

Then Namor is the big plot - Wakanda vs. Atlantis. 

3 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

I figured this might be there chance to introduce Namor.

Avengers Endgame set it up when Okoye mentions an underwater earthquake off the coast of Africa, and Black Widow asks about it, and Okoye mentions they are leaving it alone for now or whatever.

I think it's a given Namor is going to be introduced in BP 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, huge said:

I just hope we get MCU Doom at some point.  

Well, FF is coming, so yeah, we are getting Doom.