Active Shooter - El Paso

Rip76

41 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

God you're a pussy

He's the one dishing out neg rep without stepping up and making any kind of argument whatsover.  I realize YOU can't go 5 minutes without contradicting yourself or flat out lying, but I was hoping he might tell me where I went afoul of his viewpoint.

Why don't you step back and leave this to the adults?

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

Don't talk about parties or politicians. It's political, so please talk policy and your current observations about the world, but keep specific politicians and parties out of it. 

Well, that would have been a fine fucking thing to tell us, oh, how many years ago was this site founded?

Jesus Christ.  Come up with a set of rules and stick by them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's the one dishing out neg rep without stepping up and making any kind of argument whatsover.  I realize YOU can't go 5 minutes without contradicting yourself or flat out lying, but I was hoping he might tell me where I went afoul of his viewpoint.

Why don't you step back and leave this to the adults?

Well send him a PM instead of crying like a little bitch for all to see.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that would have been a fine fucking thing to tell us, oh, how many years ago was this site founded?

Jesus Christ.  Come up with a set of rules and stick by them.

This thread can just as easily be moved to CR and then no one on the main board can discuss it too, I'm trying to allow the discussion to keep going just with some guidelines to keep it from turning into poo flinging 

Hey guys! Now let’s not go getting all political in the thread about a Trump inspired white nationalist that drove 10+ hours to go murder as many brown people as he could because he was convinced by right wing politicians and online extremists that there is a Mexican invasion of our country.

Fucking hell

• Like 9

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would say the comments in bold are bullshit.  I am not looking out for my own best interests at the expense of others.  The people on this thread and in social media and all over the US who are clamoring that something be done so that these senseless killings of OTHER PEOPLE stop are not looking out for their own best interests.  We are all exhibiting EXACTLY what you seem to think has vanished -- empathy and compassion for others.

Get out of here with that stupid "both sides" garbage.

both sides? come on man. american culture is too bent on being selfish. that was my point. the output of the government (policy and priority) and tons of other folks in American society are for sure putting their own best interests first at the expense of others. no clue why someone saying that got your panties in a wad. it isn't absolute, i get it. chill out 

There is a reason the demographic for mass shootings has become predominantly 20 something loner white male for these shootings. Those radicalized sit in the comfort of their own room all day reading ideology on 8 chan or whatever medium suits them best. 

Most who read don’t participate or try to coax others along to do something because it’s the internet and it’s just a game. Eventually, someone gets it in their head that yes, I can do this, and they leave their room with a gun

A theory I read that seems to make sense is these massacres have a broken window effect. As more of these mass murders happen it becomes easier for the next disenfranchised, radicalized kid, to go out and see what “score” he can get.

How do we stop this shit? If it was simple we already would have. The answer needs to have a combination of controlling access to guns, enforcing repercussions for these communities who encourage and let the idea of a massacre grow, identifying those responsible and those who provide for the websites these radicals use and disincentive their hosting, start an information campaign against white supremacist and all radicals... 

Something needs to happen though. These loners are terrorists and resources need to be used to stop it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, staboner said:

both sides? come on man. american culture is too bent on being selfish. that was my point. the output of the government (policy and priority) and tons of other folks in American society are for sure putting their own best interests first at the expense of others. no clue why someone saying that got your panties in a wad. it isn't absolute, i get it. chill out 

I completely disagree with your characterization.  You're just flat out wrong.  The American left is BY DEFINITION concerned about the well-being of everyone.  That's a fact.  The left is not the selfish group of actors here.

So, in short, chill brah.  Yeesh.  "Come on, man".  LOL.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I completely disagree with your characterization.  You're just flat out wrong.  The American left is BY DEFINITION concerned about the well-being of everyone.  That's a fact.  The left is not the selfish group of actors here.

The left is concerned about the left. You're a fucking lunatic

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Probably take those generalizations to CR... or thread is shutting down again. 

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

again, my comment isn't even political. i don't know why you keep going there. and there are people on the right, left, middle, front and back who all care. take it easy man. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Show me the dictionary that has this definition of the American Left.  Until then I am calling that your opinion and  nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

You suck as a mind reader.  I'm not the one making it about race, you are.  The vast majority of the people in this country who take my position aren't doing so because of race.  They are doing so because laws are being broken and no one gives a shit.  It's not the color of the person's skin that is the issue.  It is what the person is doing.  I would say this if the illegals were Mexican, Nigerian, Swedish, Mongolian, Canadian, or Martian.  I'm not sitting in front of my TV watching Fox news with a big bowl of popcorn in one hand while jacking off with the other one because of this.  It is an insane policy to just let everyone who tries to get into this country illegally be olly olly oxen free once they set foot in it.  If I try to enter practically any other country in the world illegally and was caught my ass would get thrown out and not one of you hyperbolic politically correct skyscreamers would ever complain about it yet you consider it morally reprehensible for the United States to do it.  Go choke on your own hypocrisy. 
Just to your illegal immigrant point...

We do throw the ones we catch that are illegal back....applying for asylum is legal and is being blocked on the border which is illegal. I'll try to find the story again but the main focus of it was border patrol not allowing them asylum and turning them back even though they were at legal checkpoint and claimed asylum.

" Give me your tired,your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "

To take a page from the "patriots of America" ...if you dont like go to another country

Well considering the Texas Secretary of State’s website says that registered voters do not register any party affiliation, I’m gonna say The Gateway Pundit - per usual - is full of shit.

855dbda642e997a7aee2c38081b1f551.jpg

I would think a website full of Texans might know a little something about Texas voter registration.
  • Like 2

You don't register your party affiliation prior to any vote, no.  Really only two reliable sources this website could have pulled that crap from.  Either he was a registered personally with the DNC  or RNC.  But that doesn't go through your state, or county, or anything like that.  You just go to those parties' websites and just fill your shit in, and boom-you're a "Member."  Most of the time, no money is required, just your personal information and employer and all that for their FEC records.   That oath stuff is also bullshit, just a money raise stunt. 

Second way, is although you do not have to register prior to taking a primary ballot in Texas, you do have to ask for one party's primary ballot, and none others.  They record which one they gave you when you cast your primary and/or runoff ballots.  And a curious rule as shown above is you can't change your "party of record that year" between the primaries and the run-offs.  So you can't pull a DEmocrat primary ballot so you can vote for O'Rourke for president and then who gives a shit for all the other races on the D side in Texas.....then come back in a couple of months after Sanders is the POTUS nominee and decide you want a Republican runoff ballot so you can help choose the next State Senator in your area as two GOP'ers battle out an empty seat or something like that.   And that information is sent from the county to the Sec. of State.  And that information is really easy to get. Somebody could pull a Democrat Ballot for 20 years here in Texas and not be considered a Democrat, not registered with the DNC, no donations, never filled anything out with the State Democratic Party.  Same for GOP.  The only national party I'm listed with is the Libertarian Party, but a SoS in Texas pull would show me pulling ballots for both Democrats, and Republicans, but never for a Libertarian ballot.  So that kind of information can be woefully misleading.  

Edited by Lobo

Ok, now that this thread has calmed down I do have a question. May have been lost somewhere in the threadshit earlier, but initially yesterday it was reported that he was an active shooter for 20 minutes and then was taken into custody without being shot. I think it was in this thread that it was maybe a traffic stop but if that’s right I’ll go ahead and assume it was a pursuit.

anyway, whatever news channel happened to be on yesterday where I was kept praising the police response for not killing this jackass. Has it been confirmed he was shooting, or at least at large, for 20 minutes?

I was pointed to a non partisan group that studies mass violence and was featured in the LA Times yesterday. It’s some good stuff to chew on and then act.  You know.... actually being proactive and productive. It covers multiple angles of mass shootings including developmental issues, psychology issues and access to weapons then lays out ways to prevent the lead up to events like El Paso, Dayton, etc. I imagine these concepts can be applied to other forms of homicide which take multiple more lives per week in our country than mass shootings.

Or we can can continue to call each other names and point blame on the internet.

Our goal has been to find new, data-driven pathways for preventing such shootings. Although we haven’t found that mass shooters are all alike, our data do reveal four commonalities among the perpetrators of nearly all the mass shootings we studied.”

LA Times - The Violence Project

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Yes, here’s a thread that verifies that the Gateway Pundit is still the dumbest man on the internet.

• Like 1

So, I had asked this question prior to the thread back and forth regarding politics and after wading through several pages, I didn't see it answered: did the FBI/LEO ever state that he was alone, both in the drive from Plano to El Paso and at the location? I have no inclination to suspect that he had company and initial reports were confusing as to be expected.

*I can't post in the (formerly called 'Cloak Room') so if this counts as political, sorry but in relation to the voter talk above: I had volunteers ringing our doorbell several times last go round because our house got tagged as 'super voters' since their records showed we vote in every election, including local ones. I always tell them to send the candidate and not the flunky or I'm not talking to them.

Yes, here’s a thread that verifies that the Gateway Pundit is still the dumbest man on the internet.

So there are some photos of Coudrey (the Pundit) and some other clowns with the thumbs up in the Anna Merlan exchange on Twitter. Any chance he’s aggy? Would actually make a lot of sense.

Read a review for a book about 20th century anthropologists and one of the main people portrayed was Franz Boas.     I had never heard of him but he said this in 1942:

"We should never stop repeating the idea that racism is a monstrous error and an impudent lie."

The El Paso shooter was noted on the news as having previous scrapes with the law including stealing a Plano ISD school bus. I wonder when that happened.

Sounds like he did a lot of bad things including calling in a fake 911 call for arson and committing some property crimes as well. A one person crime wave.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

So there are some photos of Coudrey (the Pundit) and some other clowns with the thumbs up in the Anna Merlan exchange on Twitter. Any chance he’s aggy? Would actually make a lot of sense.

He isn't. He was born in New York and is now based out of LA. I haven't seen his alma mater, but I doubt it's Aggie. They would probably be happy to claim him.

Update- I finally located a reliable source that stated the authorities believe that the shooter acted alone.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, Lobo said:

God bless those guys that tracked that asshole down, but last I checked---nobody stopped him before/during the mass murder in the church.  That's my point.  We have ways of running down murderers AFTER they pull shit like this and gunning them down and/or arresting them.  But for a state with so many all-star NRA members, we sure as shit seem to always late to the showdown.

Well the Leg changed the law....you can carry in church unless they have a 30.06 or 30.07 notice posted (I think as of 9/1 but may be effective immediately)

One of my teens has been following these events and it has been sad. He is really into computers (more from an assembly and hardware p.o.v.) but like most boys, he knows his way around the web. We were talking about the websites that track the death tolls like it is some sort of "heroes' hall" and when people sink into the darkest corners of these sites they dehumanize everything, including themselves. He wouldn't admit it to anyone but me, but it is frightening and overwhelming. Poor poor son. What kind of a world has my generation left for him?