Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

i believe your take at the beginning of the year was that you didn't see much difference in the a&m and texas rosters, so i'll take all the rest with a few grains of salt. 

overall, my prediction of 10-2 was founded on what i thought would be a very good defense paired with a functional offense, albeit with a lack of speed in a few areas that would lead to defeat against bama and ole miss. the speed definitely bit us against ole miss, however it also reared its head vs lsu, and the functional offense never really came around, primarily because the oline took a while to get together and the qb injury (insert 'jimbos offense sucks and would have been the same with haynes king' here to the degree you think appropriate).

on your above points:

dl will take a step back for sure. we've got a ton of talent, but it will take a bit to come together. mckinley jackson will be playing for a draft grade and he simply has to be more impactful.

lb will be better, you're overrating hansford and cooper should be in line for an all-sec season. at safety, o neal actually turned into an incredible team leader, which is why he never got removed for jardin gilbert. we were playing two 4.6-4.7 guys all year at deep safety, hence the end of the lsu game, mississippi st completing 90% of their passes, etc - i think this gets better next year with gilbert / antonio johnson rotating in more. don't see any way demani richardson goes pro, he seems undraftable at this point. 

on offense, wydemeyer sucked all year, not sure what happened to him, either the hand issue or looking forward to the next level. we should be able to replace his production with better blocking. calzada enters the spring at 3rd string. nice kid, tried hard, simply not capable of processing at this level of football. it's on jimbo he didn't have a better option ready, however king decidedly beat him out last year and i imagine he does so again with weigman waiting in the wings. wouldn't be surprised to see calzada transfer in the spring, and i hope he never buys another beer again. 

the schedule does present some challenges on the front end, however we'll see pretty quickly if i'm correct about the ceiling on this team next year. i think a more productive qb and speed upgrade on the perimeter on both sides of the ball raises the bar a bit, as always i'll be here to have shit thrown at me.

I've posted a couple of my takes from the time. It's a weird bug on this site that you can actually go back and find shit people wrote and then review it with them down the line. We don't have to speculate. So, yeah, I was way more fucking accurate about ATM this year than you were. Just own your bullshit, dude. We don't need to hear all of the excuses for why 10-2 didn't happen and why next year is, again, the year. 

Your pre-season post presented Wydermeyer as a god, but now you won't even miss him. Won't skip a beat with the portal. 

Cooper is amazing for a backup, as are the safeties. The guys ahead of them were played by Elko out of kindness, I suppose. Cool.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:22 AM, closetojumping said:

You can talk to a recruit in every class for any top 25 school and he's going to rant about how his school choice is going to finish #1 and that's his goal to help them and they're "about to land some more dawgs, more than anyone even knows about" and then, in the end, only one of those recruiting groups was correct, usually Alabama. 

I've said it since January - ATM isn't fucking around this cycle. They view the Sarkisian staff as a legitimate threat, along with the continued success of Oklahoma. Fisher is making his push to go for it and they're doing anything and everything they can to make that happen. 

Funnily enough, with this board's mantra around "Texas has got win on the field in 2021", largely due to the lackluster recruiting performance thus far from the staff, the inverse is true for ATM. They don't really *need* to win in a bigger way in 2021 than they did last year, which was on the outside of the CFP looking in. The only thing they really can't do is lose more than they did in 2020, relative to season. 2 losses and they're poopooing such matters and landing a top 3-4 class. Lose 3-5 and things get a lot dicier in College Station.

You can't sell an upward trajectory while going backwards, and a lot of these recruitments are being won, or have them in the running to win, based on that notion. They're not offering materially more money or exposure or opportunity to any recruits than the other programs they're up against. 

And yeah, spare me the academic pleading that the current season doesn't normally impact the current recruiting cycle. This cycle is different versus any before it, and there are no entrenched relationships on the same scale of years prior, plus NIL as a potential equalizer.

Now, Texas getting goatfucked in NIL won't help it much if ATM takes a tumble, but other programs will surely benefit. 

The schedule isn't going to be as soft as everyone is projecting. CU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Arkansas, and Missouri won't be breaking in new coaches. SCar and Auburn will, but SCar was a gimme anyway. People view Colorado as a gimme, but they have an upperclassmen laden defense and ATM's coming in weak and inexperienced on offense. Fisher goes conservative on the road. It could be a funny ass game to watch. 

Here you see me calling and staying consistent with ATM doing whatever it takes to land a top 3 class in this cycle. I didn't go back this far, but at some point you mocked me for referencing that Fisher was installing a bag game to rival Kirby Smart. I guess you believe that Evan Stewart and Denver Harris are coming to ATM all of the sudden because they really like the cut of Jimbo's jib.

This post was from July, but yeah, I was way off on the schedule issues and the class efforts and this cycle being different.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:14 PM, bizzle said:

partially because it's game week, partially because i've had too much eagle rare, primarily because my 8:00 call was cancelled - it's time. as a reminder, i've done this on here or tangentially related boards the past decade or two, and i've been within one game of the correct won/loss record every year, apart from the time i watched kenny hill in columbia and overdosed on a variety of substances. 

tl:dr: this is a very good roster, with a very good coaching staff, with a very favorable schedule. incredibly strong front 7, sneaky good skill position players and a mature, focused group of players. the achilles heel will be speed: both on offense (can we find someone to get safeties out of the box) and defense (we're playing two fundamentally sound, imposing strong safeties, neither with a 5th gear), which unfortunately could bite us in the ass several times in this modern version of college football. 

i'm calling for 10-2 with losses to bama and ole miss. for those that want to see a quasi-sober look at the team, continue:

qb: who the fuck knows. haynes king is a gamer, won a state championship, great athlete and responds well to jimbo's abusive qb coaching. like every qb in the world, i have no idea until the bullets start flying. jimbo is a good enough schemer and king has enough tools to get us through 75% of the year in good shape but will he step up when needed? we'll see. calzada has an nfl arm, and otherwise is a weird kid. if king is legit, the ceiling for this roster gets really interesting. 

rb: if spiller stays healthy, he's going to have a great year. he's worked his ass off, is in incredible shape and is a really instinctual, tough runner. he's one gear away from being a heisman-type kid, but can still be an incredibly productive college running back. achane is more than a track guy, but i worry about him getting more than 8-10 touches a game. we'll see what he can handle. lj johnson looks like a kid who took the spring off. he'll get there, but needs some time. rest of the guys are jags. 

wr: weird room. chase lane looks really good, but in an ideal world he'd probably be your 2nd or 3rd guy. ainias smith will be moved around and productive, but this offense really needs an outside guy to at least occasionally threaten people. caleb chapman was starting to come on last year before the acl at florida, but not sure if he's back, and demond demas remains a guy who can't stay on the field. i think via pure frustration jimbo will force this down the field early, but no idea if sustainable against the better defenses. excited to see moose muhammad and yulkeith brown based on conversations, but i'll believe their production when i see it.

te: wydermyer is a borderline all-american. everything else is a bit of hope. baylor cupp is a freak on paper, but can't stay healthy (shoutout to his mom), max wright is the blocking guy who should be able to slip out and catch 10-15 balls, and eli stowers actually looks pretty good if he can put on another 15 pounds. 

ol: who knows? fun times! the freshman have quickly risen through the ranks, making the glass half empty (oh shit, the 2-deep sucks), or half full (wow, these guys are really talented) - i think it's probably a bit of both. from left to right: ruben fatheree is a freak. i'm all in on him being a top 10 pick in 3 years. he's 6'8", 320, moves like a guy playing small forward and has responded to everything thrown to him so far. that being said, it's going to take a bit for him to get up to speed, which is why i think tennessee transfer jahmir johnson starts the year and gives way by bama. aki ogunbiyi is going to be very solid at left guard and layden robinson should be decent at right guard, as long as he doesn't have to pull very often. kenyon green will probably end up at right tackle and be fine, and the question will be if luke matthews is actually real, or if one of the true freshmen (wykoff or bryce foster) has to man the center position. both are going to be good, but how quickly is a great question. center could be a potential danger spot. 

dl: a lot of talent. leal should be a top 20 pick at strongside end, mckinnely jackson, jaydon peevy, isaiah rakes and shemar turner (who is a freak) will anchor dt, and some combo of tyree johnson, michael clemons, fadil diggs and donnell harris will make weakside end at worst acceptable. as long as elijah robinson and terry price are employed, this will be a top 5-10 unit in college football. need to find guys to get to the quarterback in spite of elkos lane-heavy scheme to be elite.

lb: interesting room. aaron hansford is getting a lot of buzz, but need him to make more plays. really good athlete but still learning. andre white had a great year as the 3rd linebacker last year, but edgerrin cooper just may be too good to keep off the field. still can't believe lsu didn't up the ante here. couple of decent options behind here in antonio doyle, chris russell and tarian lee, all who would have been starting anytime over the last 2 decades of a&m football.

cb: myles jones is long, and a step slow. jaylon jones is smooth as hell, confident and a step slow. brian george has slowly put it together out of juco but probably a step slow. tyreek chappel is a freshman and not a step slow, but needs some time to figure it out. those will be the 4 corners. duece harmon is a lot of fun, but probably a nickel moving forward. we're talented, but susceptible here.

s: demani richardson is beautiful, and probably the best safety at a&m since terrance kiel (rip). he'd probably best suited for a box guy, however mike elko is obsessed with playing leon o neal next to him, who - despite all the bullshit - has turned into a pretty solid lane-filling safety, albeit one that runs a 4.65. for the life of me, i don't understand why he doesn't rotate antonio johnson, erick young or even freshman jardin gilbert here, but elko builds his defense back-end forward, and he's going to live or die with those two as the final help. we saw bama going over the top repeatedly last year and i fear ole miss doing the same, but we'll see if there are holes patched here. 

st: we'll be fine. 

should be a fun year. bookmark it and and yell at me when we're either in the playoff or win 6. 

Here you are, huffing your own farts and poo-pooing concerns about safety, OL, and QB.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:23 AM, closetojumping said:

I appreciate bizzle's yearly prediction appearances. I guess the national consensus on ATM this year is 10+ wins. Outside of what is perceived to be a favorable schedule, man, I don't get it. The DL will be terrific, there is zero doubt. Elko is a terrific DC to boot. Weidermeyer is a standout and so is Spiller. It's a team with a lot to like. That considered, there are some really big question marks too. 

-QB? King not only needs to produce, he needs to survive. Calzada has issues and there's nothing else there worth discussing.

-OL? Turner is a good coach, but 4 new guys is a lot, especially when several might be true freshmen. 

-OC? Fisher calls a dated and pedestrian offensive game. He has to out-talent other teams to do what he wants and he typically needs an experienced OL and an above average QB to do it. He loves the TE and a robust running game. Plays to the TE can often be slow-developing, which requires a solid OL. Spiller can create his own yards, so if he can take the bullets, maybe that keeps things open even if the OL is mediocre. Is that true for Achane though? Teams are going to play to the outside when Achane is in the backfield and I doubt he sneaks up on anyone. 

-Speed? I don't see it. Smith and Achane obviously have it. Neither is going to be put into position to take the top off of a defense often. King may well be fast in a 40, but he doesn't play special with his feet on his HS film and he looks really fragile. He's no doubt tough, but he got hurt early in his senior year on a hit he'll see every third series in college. He played through it, but how many bullets can he take if he needs to show his speed to move the offense? Defensively, the DL is going to have dominate every OL they face for the sins of lacking speed to be forgiven in the secondary. I would not want to be slow in the secondary in either the SEC or Big 12 and it's hurt ATM many times. 

-Schedule? Everyone seems to believe the mediocrity of the SEC from 2020, sans Bama of course, will return in 2021. So there are a lot of assumptions around LSU, MSU, and Auburn all sucking. Ole Miss is getting a little love offensively, but they're being discussed as though they're a novelty. Getting Missouri is a break, I guess, but I've listened to multiple interviews with Drinkwitz and that dude seems pretty fucking sure of himself regarding Missouri having a surprise year. Not a ton of coachspeak from him. Obviously the non-conference is a planned embarrassment and Arkansas and South Carolina every season are laughable, boring gifts. 

I don't know, I feel like there are some similarities heading into this season between Texas and ATM, yet ATM is getting top 5/6 run. I feel like Texas' rating heading into the season around top 20 is about right for both teams. ATM may well go 11-2 this season, but I don't think there's a ton of mental gymnastics required to see them at 8-5.

Here was my response, referencing that ATM and Texas had similar question marks coming into the season, not claiming the rosters were similar. And telling you that ATM looked like they were heading to 8-5 due only to a soft schedule, otherwise it would be worse. Why? Because QB, OL, and speed on defense and offense, and Fisher sucking as an OC. 

Good shit. Feel free to rebut, but I'm guessing your about to hop on a flight without wifi to Vancouver, where we know they won't have the Internet for the next 8 months.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've posted a couple of my takes from the time. It's a weird bug on this site that you can actually go back and find shit people wrote and then review it with them down the line. We don't have to speculate. So, yeah, I was way more fucking accurate about ATM this year than you were. Just own your bullshit, dude. We don't need to hear all of the excuses for why 10-2 didn't happen and why next year is, again, the year. 

Your pre-season post presented Wydermeyer as a god, but now you won't even miss him. Won't skip a beat with the portal. 

Cooper is amazing for a backup, as are the safeties. The guys ahead of them were played by Elko out of kindness, I suppose. Cool.

Here you see me calling and staying consistent with ATM doing whatever it takes to land a top 3 class in this cycle. I didn't go back this far, but at some point you mocked me for referencing that Fisher was installing a bag game to rival Kirby Smart. I guess you believe that Evan Stewart and Denver Harris are coming to ATM all of the sudden because they really like the cut of Jimbo's jib.

This post was from July, but yeah, I was way off on the schedule issues and the class efforts and this cycle being different.

Here you are, huffing your own farts and poo-pooing concerns about safety, OL, and QB.

Here was my response, referencing that ATM and Texas had similar question marks coming into the season, not claiming the rosters were similar. And telling you that ATM looked like they were heading to 8-5 due only to a soft schedule, otherwise it would be worse. Why? Because QB, OL, and speed on defense and offense, and Fisher sucking as an OC. 

Good shit. Feel free to rebut, but I'm guessing your about to hop on a flight without wifi to Vancouver, where we know they won't have the Internet for the next 8 months.

Where they got the bread to go, there ain't nobody knows. 

Save a few $ for Dewberry too.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
Its lame, I know
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

yeah, it's bizarre the guy known as an incredible recruiter that landed top 5 classes year after year has continued to . . . do the exact same thing history would suggest. and your continued harping on the bag man boogyman scheme remains hilarious - everybody is playing the same game and has for over a decade - you still have to close kids, which clearly some coaches and staffs are better at than others. 

as to the team this year, we lost our qb in game 2, and i was definitely wrong about how quick it would take the oline to gel. it happens. i'll be in new york for a few weeks in january, but otherwise around to be entertained by your maundering.

Tarp's Take: Replacing DeMarvin Leal a group effort in more ways than one

Tarp

("However, that's also due to the fact the Aggies will definitely be losing super seniors Micheal Clemons and Jayden Peevy and could be losing another contributor in end Tyree J0hnson.")

Spoiler

Tarp's Take: Replacing DeMarvin Leal a group effort in more ways than one

Tarp

Texas A&M defensive lineman DeMarvin Leal announced that he was leaving after this upcoming season for the National Football League. From the time that Leal emerged as starter as a true freshman in College Station, it was pretty apparent that he wouldn't be hanging around after his third season on campus. He was just too big, athletic, and versatile to stay in college for long and he fulfilled his early promise not just by being talented but translating that talent into productivity with his work ethic.

However, replacing Leal will be a group effort and I don't mean just in terms of the numbers of players that the Aggies will have to plug into his position on the field. That's because Leal played two different positions for A&M as a three tech tackle in addition to a five tech end (about 40% of his snaps this season were on the interior). However, that's also due to the fact the Aggies will definitely be losing super seniors Micheal Clemons and Jayden Peevy and could be losing another contributor in end Tyree J0hnson.

It's one thing to replace Leal, the strong side end. It's another to replace someone who played two different spots in addition to at least two of his cohorts.

A&M is well stocked to replace the player via another former five star in Shemar Turner who saw quite a bit of action in the rotation this season. Turner is about the same size, maybe a tad lighter, but his upper body strength enables him to play better than his size. He may not have Leal's bend (which made him a better pass rusher than most players his size) but his get off is probably superior. On the surface, that might make him better fit on the interior (where he played 95% of his snaps in 2021).

Even so, the Aggies may have more interior guys to throw at the attrition they're facing for 2022 on the interior such as McKinnley Jackson and Isaiah Raikes as well as five star commit Walter Nolan. Leal's clone as a guy who sets the edge in the run game (and isn't just a starter there) is second year player Elijah Jeudy (at least from a physical standpoint). Jeudy barely played in 2021 but he's listed at 6-foot-3 and 295 pounds and has both size and the ability to get upfield (not as a pass rusher like Leal but as a bull rusher, taking people on and driving them backwards).

However, from a next man up standpoint, the guy could be second year player Fadil Diggs who played about 20% of the snaps available to him this season. Diggs is longer than the other guys we've talked about but has a different frame and game. He's leaner and built more like a pass rushing end than run stopper. He might be a better fit as a edge player unless he puts on more weight and would have to win his battles differently than the players who are pushing 300 pounds. Of course, Diggs's situation will be dictated to an extent on whether or not Johnson comes back on the opposite side and if either of the Harris', Jahzion and Donell, can become full time edge players.

A&M does have a lot of options because they've recruited well up front on defense and in all likelihood Turner will stay inside and Diggs will move into the end spot. In that case, A&M may be lighter than they were in 2021 but that might be better for them in an era where offensive spacing is putting greater challenges on defenses to be able to cover ground and scoring is on the rise.

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Something happen? 

Guessing it has to be Jackson from that earlier drug charge. 

You would think that would matter, but they Run This State these days, I guess. Felony drug charges are nothing.

Micheal Clemons was also arrested. They didn't miss much time. 

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2021/8/27/22644401/texas-a-m-aggies-de-michael-clemons-arrested-football

The news coming out of the Texas A&M football program in recent weeks has been undeniably high, just like this season’s expectations. But I’m unfortunately here today reporting some bad news, as senior DE Michael Clemons was arrested by Texas A&M University Police on Thursday evening. The charges include possession of less than two ounces of marijuana, unlawful carry of a weapon, driving with an invalid license and failure to identify.

Clemons is a sixth year player for the Aggies, granted an extra year of eligibility due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and is expected to be a starter on what looks to be an exceptionally stout Texas A&M defensive line. But combined with the arrest of DT McKinnley Jackson earlier this month, it’s unclear what this line will look like when the team takes the field next Saturday against Kent State.

Edited by Tex Pete

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

yeah, it's bizarre the guy known as an incredible recruiter that landed top 5 classes year after year has continued to . . . do the exact same thing history would suggest. and your continued harping on the bag man boogyman scheme remains hilarious - everybody is playing the same game and has for over a decade - you still have to close kids, which clearly some coaches and staffs are better at than others. 

as to the team this year, we lost our qb in game 2, and i was definitely wrong about how quick it would take the oline to gel. it happens. i'll be in new york for a few weeks in january, but otherwise around to be entertained by your maundering.

HAHAHAHAHA there it is!

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, bizzle said:

it's possible for 2 things to be simultaneously true:

1. i was off in my 10-2 pick for this year, i apologize and will be better.

2. your post is terrible and wrong, you should also be better. i will break it down later when not drinking at lunch. 

No you won't lol. You're still aggy at the core. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, bizzle said:

the oline took a while to get together.

The OL wasn't very good at the end of the season either way. A bunch of LSU 2nd stringers were giving the OL a ton of issues. A&M's OL finished 70th in line yards and 24th in sack rate. A&M will always be decent in pass pro because of Jimbo's scheme with extra bodies inside helping block for the QB. That tends to skew how bad the OL was this year. 

I think A&M's OL has potential to be a dumpster fire next season unless they land some grad transfers because they're losing the best two OL (Green and Johnson). I hope Green sits out the bowl game so aggy gets a glimpse at their OL next season. 

Watch the 2nd half of the Arkansas game when Johnson was banged up. The aggy OL was straight up awful without Johnson at LT. 

Edited by texasstrong12

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The OL wasn't very good at the end of the season either way. A bunch of LSU 2nd stringers were giving the OL a ton of issues. A&M's OL finished 70th in line yards and 24th in sack rate. A&M will always be decent in pass pro because of Jimbo's scheme with extra bodies inside helping block for the QB. That tends to skew how bad the OL was this year. 

I think A&M's OL has potential to be a dumpster fire next season unless they land some grad transfers because they're losing the best two OL (Green and Johnson). I hope Green sits out the bowl game so aggy gets a glimpse at their OL next season. 

Watch the 2nd half of the Arkansas game when Johnson was banged up. The aggy OL was straight up awful without Johnson at LT. 

Johnson didn’t play the Alabama game which was easily the best outing all year. Starting sophomores Fatheree and Foster after a year of experience is not remotely the same to starting those same guys against Arkansas in their first ever SEC game as true freshmen.  The line shuffled around all season trying to get the right mix. Returning starts is a huge predictor for OL performance, and looking at how true freshmen played in the OL in the first games of their career has little bearing on what will happen. 

Johnson was brought in as a patch. Green will be sorely missed but I feel much about nearly all the second year guys with a year under their belts than I do about Johnson. There’s some analogies to 2020, when OL was prognosticated as a question preseason but a veteran group turned into a strength. The talent in the current crop is better across the board than that group, and the experience will be there. 

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Johnson didn’t play the Alabama game which was easily the best outing all year. Starting sophomores Fatheree and Foster after a year of experience is not remotely the same to starting those same guys against Arkansas in their first ever SEC game as true freshmen.  The line shuffled around all season trying to get the right mix. Returning starts is a huge predictor for OL performance, and looking at how true freshmen played in the OL in the first games of their career has little bearing on what will happen. 

Johnson was brought in as a patch. Green will be sorely missed but I feel much about nearly all the second year guys with a year under their belts than I do about Johnson. There’s some analogies to 2020, when OL was prognosticated as a question preseason but a veteran group turned into a strength. The talent in the current crop is better across the board than that group, and the experience will be there. 

Foster looked like a jag all year. I know he was a FR but there's nothing from this year that would make me excited about him. 

LSU spent the entire game bringing pressure up the middle and Foster A) didn't have the mobility to handle it and B) was terrible at blocking recognition. LSU straight up punked Foster all night. Watch #61 at 1:03-1:07. I can find play after play where Foster gets abused like this. 

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'll be in NYC next weekend and MLK weekend in January. We should meet up if you're up there then. I can show you how to tap into universal wifi, and you can equivocate with the criminal's creed of how everyone is getting theirs, so the aggies have to go out and get theirs too. Then we could race each other in the 40 and I could throw you into the East River as a reward for being victorious. 

Also, your QB getting hurt wasn't the problem with predicting 10-2. Not having a QB worth a fuck and not having a QB room with more than two guys in it were the problems. Jimbo Fisher, Midget Ace Recruiter Extraordinaire, doesn't own that monumental fuck-up, does he? I'm sure QB won't be an excuse in 2022 when ATM's 8-5 again after beating titans such as UMass, Sam Houston, and South Carolina to get them bowl eligible.

i feel like there should be a meme of a small domino labeled 'me whiffing on our long our oline would take to come together' and ending with a large one of 'closetojumping asking me to grab a drink at bemelmans'. we can work on this. 

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The fact that you just said Johnson was one of our best offensive lineman proves you do not know what you are talking about lol

Just now, SumlinsGhost said:

The fact that you just said Johnson was one of our best offensive lineman proves you do not know what you are talking about lol

Layden Robinson is always banged up and Foster looked like a JAG all season. 

The 2nd best OL for aggy this season was either Fatheree or Johnson and A&M was helping Fatheree all year with TEs on the right side of the OL. Go watch the TEs in the LSU game and tell me which side of the OL they were chipping on. It wasn't Johnson they were assisting. 

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I doubt he will sign in December and will wait until Feb. (smart move).  Would love for 8&4 to sweat it out and lose in the end.  Kid seems like he really still wants to go to Tennessee and they may have time to "convince" him.

At a minimum draw down aggys bag they’ll need for the remainder of their targets.  

In hindsight, Nolen to aggy isn’t much of a surprise. They’re dropping bags as much as anyone and now you have a school involved that is already in NCAA trouble for paying recruits.

Nolen is a recruitment that comes down to the highest bidder. The Bama mods have been suggesting that they may have backed off because Nolen’s dad is such a loud mouth he might get them in trouble. Nolen’s dad is shopping him around so that quote is not surprising.