Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So according to that last poster, Banks Junior year is when they'll be stacking pieces to make a run at a National Championship.  That's year 7 under Jimbo.  So has the rallying cry changed from 'next year' to 'three years from now we'll start our run'? 

They're starting to realize next season is a rebuild based on the roster turnover. 

Edited by texasstrong12

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Please put a bullet in my head if I ever generate a nickname for our head coach based on the size of his genitalia.

jimbo is 5'8" standing on a step stool. the only time anyone has ever desribed jimbo as long dong was when he was standing underneath an elephant.

Edited by crash_davis

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They’re gonna pull the best class of all time. Can someone explain how “school who has never won anything suddenly recruiting better than any team in history” isn’t coming under more scrutiny.

Based on what I have heard, they are the first team to ever beat Alabama. That means they are now the equivalent of CFB version of the New England Patriots. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Mike Elko is a fucking issue.  When is this guy gonna take a freaking HC job. He’s the reason they’re getting these guys.  Yes the $ too.  But Elko is the closer.

Elko doesn’t do much recruiting wise. Elijah Robinson is the bagman on that defensive coaching staff. Equivalent to Craig on the offensive side.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Member that time Ole Miss signed Robert Nkmdimche, Laremy Tunsil, Laquon Treadwell, another 5 star and like 8 more 4 stars? That Hugh Freeze was a heckuva recruiter. 

#2 ranking until Treadwell's ankle disintegrated against Auburn and a Sugar Bowl win at a school that doesn't get those very often. Wasn't a bad time all things considered.

Member that time Ole Miss signed Robert Nkmdimche, Laremy Tunsil, Laquon Treadwell, another 5 star and like 8 more 4 stars? That Hugh Freeze was a heckuva recruiter. 

And that class, as suspicious as it was, barely cracked the top 10 for that year. This aggy class is legit going to be ranked the best ever. Unprecedented shenanigans.

56 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They’re gonna pull the best class of all time. Can someone explain how “school who has never won anything suddenly recruiting better than any team in history” isn’t coming under more scrutiny.

This is why everyone should embrace all the NIL big money and stop complaining about college becoming more like the pros.

Because this bullshit is what the alternative is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cross posting.

Tuesday update on Kelvin Banks

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Tuesday update on Kelvin Banks

Brian Perroni

Well, this one could end up lasting a bit longer. Even with the change, Banks had wanted to sign early still. But, there is a growing chance that he decides to push it back and not sign until February.

Texas is in a good spot now but A&M is working to counter that and is doing a good job with it. As of now, the plan is likely for Jimbo Fisher to wait until January to do his in-home visit with Banks. And, with the five-star tackle being a huge priority, Fisher is definitely going to do an in-home. So A&M would not push it back if they didn't feel pretty confident that this will not stretch out until February. There's always the chance the Aggies get word that he will sign next week and schedule Fisher's in-home for later this week/weekend, but that is not in the plans at the moment.

A&M is also at least trying to get him to town for the big unofficial visit weekend in College Station. Banks has not made plans as of now to go anywhere yet yet, though.

I also checked on the reports that Nick Saban was supposed to be by Summer Creek today and was told he is on the West Coast and in Arizona today. The only coach that has been to the school so far today is the Oklahoma State OL coach. Banks had Josh Henson in over the weekend and I would expect Henson to be back by again this week.

18 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

They’re gonna pull the best class of all time.

What's amazing is there is a path to where they do pull an actual top 2-3 class of all time, easily their best ever.   I saw a breakdown on txaggy about it last week but they still needed something like 3 more 5* to barely beat Bama's #1 class of all time (last year?)   Either way they are putting together a class you'd have to be a fucking moron not to win with.  

18 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Georgia and Alabama ain’t gonna let this go on much longer. Lol. 

This is my hope.  Old guard steps up and sits them back down.  

19 hours ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Mike Elko is a fucking issue.  When is this guy gonna take a freaking HC job. He’s the reason they’re getting these guys.  Yes the $ too.  But Elko is the closer.

It will benefit Texas to lose Elko because he's a good coordinator and aggy will likely downgrade. 

With that said, this is all about money. When Elko bolts I don't think it will have any impact whatsoever on aggy's class. They're straight up buying recruits. Nolen's dad is publicly shopping his son around right now for the highest bidder. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It will benefit Texas to lose Elko because he's a good coordinator and aggy will likely downgrade. 

With that said, this is all about money. When Elko bolts I don't think it will have any impact whatsoever on aggy's class. They're straight up buying recruits. Nolen's dad is publicly shopping his son around right now for the highest bidder. 

Bro, I just don't think Elko is ever leaving. It's like wish-casting about ou having a down year. Dude will never leave no matter how much we pray. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Elko will definitely leave once he gets the right opportunity. 

These same narratives existed with Venables. 

Of course, Venables was a DC at OU/Clemson for over 20 years.  Based on that timeline, it may be another decade plus before Elko finds the right opportunity.

I think people are overvaluing the $ you can get as a coordinator compared to P5 HC gigs. If Duke actually offers Elko the gig he would take it. Elko is actively trying to get the Duke job per their boards/9.95ers.

From the article, "Their continued involvement, after in-person meetings with Duke officials, shows Elliott and Elko have not been deterred by any financial factors."

If Elko doesn't get a P5 gig this cycle it says something about Elko more than the fact he's set on being a DC at aggy. Maybe he's just terrible in the interview process or has skeletons in his closet? 

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article256397531.html

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm ok with Elko staying if Elijah Robinson leaves... he's the recruiting "rainmaker".  We need Penn State co-DC Anthony Poindexter to take the Virginia HC job...so Robinson can go back to Penn State.

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per aggy boards - OU is after the S&C coach Jerry Schmidt. He spent almost 20 years with OU before leaving for aggy. 

Tommy Moffit has of course worked with the lollipop guild member when he was OC at LSU - so he is being mentioned as a replacement. 

They can just hire his pharmacist. 

• Hook 'Em 1