Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

5 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Seeing some chatter from Penn State fans that Robinson is being announced as their new DC this afternoon

Would be nice, doubt it would change too much this cycle but not bad to add a little more chaos right before signing day. 

He's listed as the primary recruiter for Brownlow-Dindy and Walter Nolan fwiw. May at least give Nolan some cover to take the bag from Tenn and flip.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Elijah-Robinson-2195/AllTimeRecruits/

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It sounds like Virginia is going after Tony Elliott which would make Elko to Duke very likely. 

If aggy loses Elko and Robinson with no impact on recruiting we know they’re dropping just insane bags. 

i would be surprised if elko takes that job. and will laugh my ass off if jason garrett gets it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bizzle said:

i would be surprised if elko takes that job. and will laugh my ass off if jason garrett gets it.

Elko has been actively trying to get the Duke job per their 9.95ers. He’s interviewed multiple times. 

If Elko doesn’t end up at Duke it won’t be because he “doesn’t want it.” This is sitting on the platter for Elko so if he doesn’t get it he has some skeletons in the closet or is terrible at the interviewing process. 

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Elko has been actively trying to get the Duke job per their 9.95ers. He’s interviewed multiple times. 

If Elko doesn’t end up at Duke it won’t be because he “doesn’t want it.” This is sitting on the platter for Elko so if he doesn’t get it he has some skeletons in the closet or is terrible at the interviewing process. 

i'm not relying on the duke 9.95ers here. i understand he has interviewed for the job and i also would be surprised if he took it. can't rule it out. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Or he is wisely bilking more money from A&M.

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up in terms of impact to recruiting during the current cycle. On the field is another issue

This is probably right but if any other school lost their DC and lead recruiter their recruiting class would fall apart. Outside of maybe Alabama. 

If Elko and Robinson both leave and their recruiting class stays together they’re spending at unprecedented levels. 

44 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is probably right but if any other school lost their DC and lead recruiter their recruiting class would fall apart. Outside of maybe Alabama. 

If Elko and Robinson both leave and their recruiting class stays together they’re spending at unprecedented levels. 

And still not winning shit. That's absurdly hilariously aggy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looch's fascination with our school and sports is really fucking weird and clingy. He's like the chick who wanted to be with you, but was denied and yammers on and on about how said person sucks and aren't a good person, yet still fantasizes about getting pegged on a Saturday afternoon watching cattle roping contests. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

Jimbo begging them not to leave before NSD lol 

I  am sorry, but if he waits till after NSD 1 he is only hurting his new school and hurting the recruiting for Duke.

He might not name all his coordinators, but he has to go asap so he can get some form of transition class.

36 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Looch's fascination with our school and sports is really fucking weird and clingy. He's like the chick who wanted to be with you, but was denied and yammers on and on about how said person sucks and aren't a good person, yet still fantasizes about getting pegged on a Saturday afternoon watching cattle roping contests. 

Oddly specific. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This is oddly specific. I’m sorry you got pegged.

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

A&M benefited from playing 2-3 teams a year that could expose them in the passing game. Leach and Kiffin added a big problem to Elko. Time to run

I agree. Elko did OK, but he had a tremendous DL and decent LBs.  And something like 14 safeties.  Didn’t have an answer for leach or kiffin, and both of those guys are just getting their feet set. Shine going to wear off at some point a bit. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It sounds like word is dropping everywhere that Elko is heading to Duke. 

There is also buzz that Charles Kelly is headed to ATM to replace him. 

Put the conspiracy thoughts together around how this impacts everyone's recruiting.

Is Kelly good?

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Is Kelly good?

If it's true, it is a comfort hire. Fisher could have brought Kelly with him to ATM and instead went big game hunting.

My Alabama friend says 2 things:

1) They haven't heard anything like this yet.

2) Kelly doesn't call plays, covers a position group that Saban also looms over, and he's an "active" recruiter. 

That's a pretty mediocre review of the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

If it's true, it is a comfort hire. Fisher could have brought Kelly with him to ATM and instead went big game hunting.

2) Kelly doesn't call plays, covers a position group that Saban also looms over, and he's an "active" recruiter. 

Ya I’ll take that trade

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It sounds like word is dropping everywhere that Elko is heading to Duke. 

There is also buzz that Charles Kelly is headed to ATM to replace him. 

Put the conspiracy thoughts together around how this impacts everyone's recruiting.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Is Kelly good?

He's a real...

charlie day wildcard GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

From his resume, I’m going to guess Kelly is probably not as good of a DC as Elko but a more “active” recruiter 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But is he an "active" recruiter?

• Haha 1