Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Spoiler
Liucci
Staff
AG
Told you guys this was something to watch. Pete Thamel just reported it and it comes moments after I had heard that Duke had formally approached A&M for 'permission to speak' (for lack of better phrasing). 

Like I said more than once of late, it felt like he had passed up some jobs, didn't see his name come up for some of the bigger ones this time around and was just ready to take the reins of a Power 5 program. I also think the idea of moving back to that part of the country is something that really appealed to the four-year Aggie DC. I suppose something crazy could happen at the finish line but it's doubtful and this sounds done.  

I'll obviously have plenty to report on tonight and through the weekend but it's actually not the worst thing that this get out while so many guys are on campus. Gives Jimbo, Elijah and the staff plenty of time with the prospects and their families to assure them that they'll go out and make a home run hire, much like Fisher did with Elko, Jeremy Pruitt and Mark Stoops prior to this search.

Not the news anyone wanted to hear but I'll be very interested to see which direction Fisher goes in swinging to replace one top-10 DC with another. He'll have a blank checkbook and is considered one of the best head coaches to work for in that role because he's about as hands-off as a successful head coach gets when it comes to having anything to do with the defense.

Brauny and Howell will be talking to all of the recruits this weekend and into next week, obviously.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has anyone posted about Charles Kelly besides me? I’m curious if it’s got any new buzz and been traveling. 

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think I saw it at IT today

Yeah I think it was Gerry. Said something about Kelly being the name in the agents circles or something like that 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If Jimbo doesn't promote Elijah Robinson to DC he's likely gone. I don't think he has a choice and it's probably a good move.

Are you kidding me?  They still think Jimbo walks on water, they haven’t even forced him to hire a real offensive play caller yet.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Tarp is their Ian Boyd. He knows less about recruiting than our football board posters. And he’s old as fuck so he doesn’t call or text co-workers. Don’t overthink this. 

Sir, I'd like to introduce you to the sound of Olin Buchanan's voice. Sounds at least 85. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sir, I'd like to introduce you to the sound of Olin Buchanan's voice. Sounds at least 85. 

Sounds 85, but he’s not. He’s late 50s oe so and splits off a lot of anti Mexican and brown people stuff on twitter despite being married to and having a teenage kid with one…

• Hook 'Em 1

Honest question.  Does anybody have any recent examples of a D coordinator or O coordinator leaving for a head coaching job before NSD and it has zero effect on their current recruiting class on that side of the ball?  I really don’t know the answer but I can’t believe a recruit would agree to go play for a coordinator and then be happy when said coordinator leaves the school before they even signed on.  I know, I know… bags of money, but in all seriousness wouldn’t some of these defensive commits consider another school at this point?  I don’t mean just Texas but Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St., etc… or is A&M just such a awesome place to be with their recent history of football dominance and their prime location known as one of the most beautiful place on earth.

• Hook 'Em 1