Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Spoiler
Really liking where things are trending with guys like Dewberry and Denver. That's significant because Texas had in-house visits with both just prior to the weekend. And the Aggies are in excellent position with Lucas and White as we approach three days until NSD. Shemar Stewart's visit is going incredibly well, but he's still going to wait until February to sign anywhere.

As Brauny and I have both stated more than once, the early returns from the class is that they all would have loved to have seen Elko remain in Aggieland, they're very comfortable with the message from Jimbo Fisher and the Aggie staff. The defenders in the class all sound quite solid.

Hamm Lite on Zach Evans ::

Spoiler

A lot of people have asked about Zach Evans. I don’t know if A&M will end up offering, but I was told that Fisher definitely reached out to ask people about him over the weekend. He was doing his due diligence about Evans as a person and teammate.

I’ve been told that Fisher received really good reports on both of those things. And A&M knows that it would be pretty much just a one-year deal with Evans almost assuredly declaring after the 2022 season. He is a proven back that could fill in the Isaiah Spiller role.

TCU is still trying to convince Evans to return to Fort Worth. I don’t think that happens but it’s not out of the question. He also took a recent official visit to Ole Miss. With an offer, I think A&M would become a major player there.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Reveal hidden contents

A lot of people have asked about Zach Evans. I don’t know if A&M will end up offering, but I was told that Fisher definitely reached out to ask people about him over the weekend. He was doing his due diligence about Evans as a person and teammate.

I’ve been told that Fisher received really good reports on both of those things. And A&M knows that it would be pretty much just a one-year deal with Evans almost assuredly declaring after the 2022 season. He is a proven back that could fill in the Isaiah Spiller role.

TCU is still trying to convince Evans to return to Fort Worth. I don’t think that happens but it’s not out of the question. He also took a recent official visit to Ole Miss. With an offer, I think A&M would become a major player there.

They're thinking about replacing their workhorse back with a guy who puts himself on a pitch count in important games? Ok.

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Hide contents

Did they change the NFL eligibility rules? He still needs 2 more seasons, unless he's gonna pull a Maurice Clarett and sue the NFL.

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Hide contents

during his high school recruitment, his brother never shied away from shitting on aggy and that evans would NOT go there. now that's zach is an unabashed mercenary, he may not be as convicted to hate aggy.

On 12/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, Tree Fidy said:

@bizzle disagrees. Fight him!

it's always worked! just don't get sucked into an m&a deal with international tax implications where one of the companies is in the middle of suing a global accounting practice. 

also, didn't think elko would take that job, but guess it was his time. here's to anyone but charles kelly. 

To me the game will turn on how many of the Aggie players opt out.  They have been very lucky the last two bowl game with opponent opt outs and injuries.  Okie State had Tylan Wallace and Spencer Sanders out injured in that game they lost by 3.  And UNC's three skill players with all their yards from scrimmage opted out of the Orange Bowl.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

To me the game will turn on how many of the Aggie players opt out.  They have been very lucky the last two bowl game with opponent opt outs and injuries.  Okie State had Tylan Wallace and Spencer Sanders out injured in that game they lost by 3.  And UNC's three skill players with all their yards from scrimmage opted out of the Orange Bowl.

Yeah but Leon O'Neal opted out so that's already good news for A&M.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don’t think King is much better than Calzada if at all. He’s a better athlete but he’s an erratic passer that isn’t going to stay healthy. 

This has a true FR starting next year written all over it. King might win the job at the beginning of the year but it won’t finish that way. 

I still think aggy should definitely be after a transfer QB. Maybe they are.