Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Elite DL class. Good QB take. I like their RB take. Better hold to Stewart to salvage a good WR class. DB class is extremely safety heavy (surprise! surprise!). They really need Harris to balance it out. Dogshit OL class, but we've said that every year with Henson and yet they have a good OL every year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Billy apparently was getting nervous about having to cancel their "#1 early signing period champion" commemorative souvenir soda cups. Already having trouble keeping the kids juice boxes on the shelves.

Is "Ending the early signing period at No. 1" a thing? Is that like WRTS? Do you paint it on the wall?

That's such an aggy move to make some claim of success for an arbitrary time. It's like their entire history against us.

"Between 1932 and 1940, and from 1982-1997, excluding Leap Years and birth months that start with 'P,' Texas A&M has been dominant on the third Thursday of every month. Now, let's go have yell pratice, squeeze our balls, and sing about them durn teasippers of little tee yew!"

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Is "Ending the early signing period at No. 1" a thing? Is that like WRTS? Do you paint it on the wall?

That's such an aggy move to make some claim of success for an arbitrary time. It's like their entire history against us.

"Between 1932 and 1940, and from 1982-1997, excluding Leap Years and birth months that start with 'P,' Texas A&M has been dominant on the third Thursday of every month. Now, let's go have yell pratice, squeeze our balls, and sing about them durn teasippers of little tee yew!"

They pumped up their numbers at TE and DL. This wouldn't be your tradition Bama or Georgia No. 1 class that is balanced at every position. There are some holes. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Yes, signing the #1 class is a big deal and it is something you should celebrate. Bag on the goobers all you like but keep it within the stupid shit they do. Don't reach and end up going full aggy yourself.

There are two signing days with a lot of top level guys pushing to February. So celebrating a halftime lead should be laughed at as typically aggy behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

jimbo.thumb.jpeg.d0e3bc481ba5def8095d4369160e27dd.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Yes, signing the #1 class is a big deal and it is something you should celebrate. Bag on the goobers all you like but keep it within the stupid shit they do. Don't reach and end up going full aggy yourself.

His time frame was for ESD. Not saying they won't end up with the #1 class, but...

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Let me rephrase for those in the back

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, LonghornLurker said:

Recruiting classes aren’t even that important. It’ll just be that much sweeter when they go 8-4 again. 

Jimbo hasn't beaten a ranked team on the road yet.  Road games @ Bama', Miss. State, and Auburn next year.  That's two, maybe even three losses.  Also @ SC, although they aren't that great.  Home games against Miami, UF, Ole Miss, and LSU.  They'll do the usual and drop one of those.

Dogshit OL class, but we've said that every year with Henson and yet they have a good OL every year. 

Every year until this one.

Jimbo notoriously mismanages this position, and this year some cracks definitely started to show. Not sure they've done anything here to fix that.

I know us talking about underperforming oline is ironic after this season, but at least we're making some progress with this class.

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't paid much attention to aggy's class.

I knew it was good, but I was surprised to see that they have 4 of 247s top 10 national players in their class.

What is most surprising is that 3 of those players are on defense.

Has any school ever signed three of the top 10 players in the country on a side of the ball for which they don't have a staff?

I guess I could see Saban doing this on defense, given everyone knows it's Saban's defense, but with aggy the defense is a complete question mark with Elko gone.

Those five star out of state guys must have really fallen in love with the spirit of aggyland to have stayed committed even after losing their coordinator. It's really quite something.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

My gawd he looks like shit

Still thinks he's in his early twenties and dresses accordingly. Emaciation and scraggly hair make you feel like he's going to ask you for spare change and any loose fries on you automobile floor.

At least he's articulate and extremely intelligent!

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I haven't paid much attention to aggy's class.

I knew it was good, but I was surprised to see that they have 4 of 247s top 10 national players in their class.

What is most surprising is that 3 of those players are on defense.

Has any school ever signed three of the top 10 players in the country on a side of the ball for which they don't have a staff?

I guess I could see Saban doing this on defense, given everyone knows it's Saban's defense, but with aggy the defense is a complete question mark with Elko gone.

Those five star out of state guys must have really fallen in love with the spirit of aggyland to have stayed committed even after losing their coordinator. It's really quite something.

Music Video GIF